• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Accidentally Destroy My Bar Pan with This Rookie Mistake?

In summary, the conversation is about someone who mistakenly used wax paper instead of parchment paper while baking cookies. This caused their bar pan to start smoking and they are worried it may be ruined. Suggestions are made to clean the pan with hot water or a warm iron and paper bag. The person also jokes about getting distracted while watching a kids' movie and accidentally using the wrong paper. Another person shares that they also watch kids' movies without their kids present.
candiejayne
So I decided to bake some cookies for the first time on my bar pan. I wasn't thinking and for some reason, I used wax paper in the oven instead of parchment paper. I didn't realized what I did until after my 3rd batch and my bar pan started smoking. I think I might have ruined my pan. What do you all think?

Wash it well with really hot water. It should be fine.

I had a host do this just about 2 weeks ago, but it was with bacon on the bar pan. I emailed test kitchens and they came back with the standard "baking soda" answer. She tried it and it didn't work. She tried hot water, didn't work. My suggestion was this (after having a spilt candle on my carpeting): use a warm iron and a paper bag. You put the paper bag down over the "wax" and put the iron over the paper bag and the wax softens and sticks to the bag. It worked great on my carpet and her stone!

thanks guys... i feel like an idiot. LOL I know the difference between the two, yet for some reason, I did it anyways. :)

candiejayne said:
thanks guys... i feel like an idiot. LOL I know the difference between the two, yet for some reason, I did it anyways. :)

I do stuff like that sometimes too - my brain goes on autopilot.:rolleyes:

Becky, thats a great way to put it. I'm going to blame it on the kids movie I was watching and totally getting into while doing it, but shhhh don't tell anyone the kids weren't home when I was watching one of their movies! LOL

candiejayne said:
Becky, thats a great way to put it. I'm going to blame it on the kids movie I was watching and totally getting into while doing it, but shhhh don't tell anyone the kids weren't home when I was watching one of their movies! LOL

LOL - My DH and I always pre-view the newest kids movies before we let the kids watch them. We do this to see if there is any questionable material - really, honest. We aren't watching them because we like too - yeah right. LOL

yeah, thats it, i was previewing it for questionable material! LOL

1. What is "Did Something Quite Not Smart!"?

"Did Something Quite Not Smart!" is a cooking tool from Pampered Chef that helps you easily chop, slice, and dice fruits, vegetables, and other ingredients.

2. How does "Did Something Quite Not Smart!" work?

This tool has a unique design that allows you to place the ingredient inside and use your hand to press down on the top handle. The sharp blades inside will then chop or slice the ingredient into desired pieces.

3. Is "Did Something Quite Not Smart!" safe to use?

Yes, "Did Something Quite Not Smart!" has safety features such as a locking mechanism and non-slip base to ensure safe use. However, it is always important to follow the instructions and use caution when handling sharp blades.

4. What types of ingredients can I use with "Did Something Quite Not Smart!"?

"Did Something Quite Not Smart!" works well with most fruits, vegetables, and even some meats. However, it is not recommended for extremely hard or tough ingredients like bones or frozen foods.

5. Is "Did Something Quite Not Smart!" easy to clean?

Yes, "Did Something Quite Not Smart!" is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. You can also wash it by hand with warm soapy water and a brush to remove any food particles stuck in the blades.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • christyine winslow
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJessica95765