• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Anyone Else Feel Like Throwing Up...

In summary, the author feels scared before starting their new business, but after signing their agreement they feel excited. They are meeting with their director later this morning to go over their business plan.
julesh
...after signing their consultant agreement?! :eek: OMG....the last couple of days, I've gone from extreme excitement to extreme nervousness, and kept postponing ordering my kit! Tonight, I just took a big breath and went for it! I think I just need to chill out and stop obsessing!

Jules

You'll LOVEyour kit, it is new and I would have LOVED to get this new kit.....look at it as a GREAT new adventure......you'll meet new people, learn to have fun cooking, in my case learn to cook at ALL....LOL.....

When Fedex comes to your door with the LARGE box(s)...you'll be like a kid at christmas.....

No fret, it's a SURE BET.......

AND your on here and these folks have been a HUGE source of help.....I look at recipes and games and there is SOOOO much on here.....you'll LOVE it......

ENJOY......and remember, "your jobs a PARTY".......

Welcome......

Yes, I remember feeling like that! One minute soooooo excited like you are 5 again, and the next minute feeling like "what the heck am I doing?!?!"

Remember, it is not a lifelong commitment and you have nothing to lose by trying! Then, once you're in, you are hooked!! :D

Definitely got nerves after I got my kit (that meant I had to start doing shows and I had a HUGE public spaeking fear). Which is something I wanted to get over and work on personally from my PC experience. So when you get it, just practice, practice, practice your recipes, watch the video, and use an outline if you feel comfortable with that and you will do fine! Congrats and Good luck to you! Welcome aboard CS and TPC!

If it makes you feel any better at one of my director's first shows she ended up in the guest bathroom throwing up before the show because she was so scared... she left that show with over a thousand dollars in sales and has been going strong ever since! She went from bad-mouthing pc to being one of its biggest advocates!

I think that starting any home-based business is scary, but you will soon learn that with PC there is waaaay more ups than downs and you will grow so much as a person that you will look back on your hesitations and giggle.

Good luck, you will do great!!!

GourmetGirl said:
I think that starting any home-based business is scary, but you will soon learn that with PC there is waaaay more ups than downs and you will grow so much as a person that you will look back on your hesitations and giggle.

Good luck, you will do great!!!
True, before I started TPC, I envied women who had started their own anything and thought ... I wish I could get up there and sell something. Well wouldn't ya know, it's not that bad after all!

Thanks for all the encouragement and reassurance. I sure am glad I'm not the only one! As you can tell from the time of my post, I'm having a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep.:eek: ::yawn::

Jules

I think that we all felt scared starting. Just go through your kit, try all the products, read all infomation and you will be fine.;) You have your director & us for any questions! Good Luck!:)

I'm meeting with my director later this a.m. We have close a fundraiser that I chaired, and then we'll go over my business plan.

You did a fundraiser already? Good for you! I've only done 3. I am in the middle of one for next month.

If you can, have a friend over when you open your kit. They'll get caught up in your excitement and will probably book a show or even sign up!
Welcome!!

letscook04 said:
You did a fundraiser already?

I was chairperson of a fundraiser for our homeschool group. My director was the consultant. Haven't done the final total but I think we sold a little over $2,000.

If you can, have a friend over when you open your kit. They'll get caught up in your excitement and will probably book a show or even sign up!

What a great idea!!

I went back and forth about signing the consultant agreement. Then I just took a deep breath and did it. I'm looking at this as a new adventure for me. I can't decorate cakes at the pace I used to before I had my son(six years ago) when I averaged 140 cakes a day for a commerial bakery. I thought the time off would help my hands but I realized when I did my son's birthday cake that the pain is still there. I'm still going back and forth about whether I can do this but I'm going to try. At the least, selling PC gets me back out into the world seeing as I can get really reclusive. It's time to do something totally for me. Best of luck to you and remember you're not the only one feeling that way.:D

KellyTheChef said:
Yes, I remember feeling like that! One minute soooooo excited like you are 5 again, and the next minute feeling like "what the heck am I doing?!?!"

I still feel that way sometimes...and I've been doing this for 8 months now. sad, i know!!

well, that quote certainly didn't work right, now did it?

JulesH and RuthV - you'll be great! keep us posted as to your successes...and downfalls. we're here for you!!

I can totaly relate to how you feel...... it's overwhelming!!

1. What are some common reasons why someone might feel like throwing up after eating?

Some possible reasons for feeling like throwing up after eating include food poisoning, overeating, indigestion, or an underlying medical condition like a stomach virus or food intolerance.

2. Can anxiety or stress cause the feeling of wanting to throw up after a meal?

Yes, anxiety and stress can trigger the body's "fight or flight" response, which can lead to nausea and the feeling of wanting to throw up after eating.

3. Is it normal to feel like throwing up during pregnancy?

Nausea and vomiting, also known as morning sickness, are common symptoms of pregnancy. While it is not uncommon to experience these feelings, it is always important to consult with a doctor if the symptoms are severe or persistent.

4. Are there any natural remedies for feeling like throwing up after a meal?

Some natural remedies that may help alleviate nausea and vomiting include ginger, peppermint, and acupuncture. However, it is always best to consult with a doctor before trying any new remedies.

5. When should I seek medical attention for feeling like throwing up after eating?

If the feeling of wanting to throw up after eating persists for more than a couple of days, is accompanied by severe abdominal pain or other symptoms, or interferes with daily activities, it is important to consult with a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hmolah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
hmolah
  • nicki25
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
speedychef
  • tabnat80