• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Designs for Our Websites: Bland or Bold?

In summary, "bland" designs for websites typically have a simple white background with minimal text and images, while "bold" designs feature vibrant colors and eye-catching graphics. A "bland" design can negatively affect website performance by making it appear unprofessional and uninteresting. However, the best design for a website depends on the target audience and industry. It is possible to incorporate both "bland" and "bold" elements in a website design to create a balanced and visually appealing layout. To determine if a current website design is too "bland," regularly reviewing analytics and user feedback, staying up-to-date with design trends, and comparing to competitors can be helpful.
esavvymom
Staff member
Is it just me, but are the current template designs for our websites really BLAH!!!??

I mean, seriously, the color scheme right now leaves a bit to be desired. I've got the taupe/tan color right now, and it's ok on the outside areas and the top bar, but when you start looking at the charts and such....Yuck! :yuck: *yawn!* BORING. I was just logged in as a host to see what they would see (my first one online)- and wow...it just looks bad to me.

Just plunking my two-cents down on that one. :) Seems they could do better than the tan and the "squash yellow/orange".

It's not tan, it's actually a light green with tan. And the "squash" color was great for October, I thought.

In December, they'll probably add the "snowflakes" at the top, or some festive winter design - that's what they've done in the past.

They're probably considered Sage and Butternut. :rolleyes:

They've been pretty blah all year.

chefann said:
They're probably considered Sage and Butternut. :rolleyes:

OOOHHHHH - I thought those colors were called "Puke Yellow" and "DULL GREY" - HA HA (rude, I know - but it is how I feel).

I agree with POST 1. :(

Related to Designs for Our Websites: Bland or Bold?

1. What are some examples of "bland" and "bold" designs for our websites?

Some examples of "bland" designs for websites may include a simple white background with plain text and minimal images. On the other hand, "bold" designs may feature vibrant colors, bold fonts, and eye-catching graphics.

2. How can a "bland" design affect our website's performance?

A "bland" design can make a website appear uninteresting and unprofessional, leading to lower engagement and conversion rates. It may also make it difficult for the website to stand out among competitors.

3. Is it better to have a "bland" or "bold" design for our website?

The answer to this question depends on the target audience and the industry. In some cases, a clean and simple "bland" design may be more effective, while in others, a bold and visually appealing design may be more appropriate. It's important to consider the brand's image and the overall message the website is trying to convey.

4. Can we incorporate both "bland" and "bold" elements in our website design?

Absolutely! In fact, many successful websites use a combination of both "bland" and "bold" elements to create a balanced and visually appealing design. This can be achieved through the use of white space, strategic placement of bold colors, and incorporating eye-catching graphics within a simple layout.

5. How can we determine if our current website design is too "bland" and needs to be updated?

One way to determine if your website design is too "bland" is by regularly reviewing website analytics and user feedback. If you notice a decrease in engagement or conversion rates, it may be time to consider updating the design. Additionally, keeping up with current design trends and comparing your website to competitors can also help determine if a change is necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Jess_K
  • cmdtrgd
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • PampMomof3