• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Delicious Muffaletta Recipe from PC - Louisiana Specialty Sandwich!

In summary, to make a traditional Muffaletta, you will need a round loaf of Italian bread, Genoa salami, mortadella, ham, provolone cheese, and a jar of olive salad. You can also customize your Muffaletta by using different meats and cheeses and adding vegetables, but the olive salad is a key component. To assemble the sandwich, slice the bread in half, spread olive salad on the bottom half, layer meats and cheeses, and then top with the other half of the bread. The longer the sandwich sits, the better the flavors will meld together. And while a round loaf of Italian bread is traditionally used, you can use other types of bread as long as they can hold
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
Sandra, does PC have a recipe for "Muffaletta Ring"? I heard someone mention it and thought the recipe came from PC. If so would you mind sharing? It's a Louisiana specialty (the sandwich version) and I LOVE this sandwich, but haven't been able to find a good one in SA. Thanks!!
I got this request from a customer. Does anyone know a PC Muffaletta recipe? I couldn't find anything, but another customer mentioned a SB from fall '99. That's before my time. I did a search on CC, but didn't see anything but an Italian styled one that is in a discontinued cookbook that I don't have.

Here you go...

Sorry... let me try again...

Thanks Colleen!

Happy to help! :)

1. What ingredients do I need to make a Muffaletta?

To make a traditional Muffaletta, you will need a round loaf of Italian bread, Genoa salami, mortadella, ham, provolone cheese, and a jar of olive salad. You can also add additional ingredients like pepperoni, capicola, and roasted red peppers for more flavor.

2. Can I substitute any ingredients in a Muffaletta recipe?

Yes, you can customize your Muffaletta recipe to your liking. You can use different types of meats and cheeses, and even add vegetables like tomatoes and lettuce. Just make sure to keep the olive salad as it is a key component of the dish.

3. How do I assemble a Muffaletta sandwich?

First, slice the round loaf of Italian bread in half horizontally. Then, spread the olive salad on the bottom half of the bread. Layer the meats and cheeses on top of the olive salad. Finally, place the top half of the bread on the sandwich and press down firmly. Cut into wedges to serve.

4. Can I make a Muffaletta in advance?

Yes, you can make a Muffaletta in advance. The longer the sandwich sits, the better the flavors will meld together. Wrap the assembled sandwich tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours before serving.

5. Can I use a different type of bread for a Muffaletta?

Traditionally, a round loaf of Italian bread is used for a Muffaletta. However, you can use other types of bread like a baguette or ciabatta as long as it can hold all the ingredients and can be pressed down firmly for the sandwich. Just make sure to slice the bread in half horizontally and follow the same assembly instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDebi
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sklay723
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies