• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Dips: Spice Up Your Snack Game with Our Dill and Southwestern Spices

In summary, the Dill, Southwest, BBQ and Chipotle dips were all very good, but the Greek dip was my favorite.
ChefPaulaB
I seem to remember someone talking about making dips with our spices. Is it any of the spices, because the only ones that have a dip recipe with it is the Dill and Southwestern... Getting read to make a dip to go with pretzel sticks and crackers... which would you suggest?

Here's what someone recommended to me when I asked about appetizers...

And don't forget that our rubs and seasonings make cold dips. I do half recipes of 2 or 3. Have the host choose from Dill, SW, BBQ, Chipotle.

Half recipes: Use 1/2 cup mayo and 1/2 cup sour cream for each dip

Chipotle Dip: add 1 Tbsp Chipotle
Dill Dip: add 1-1/2 Tbsp Dill Seasoning
SW Dip: add 1 to 1-1/2 Tbsp SW Seasoning
BBQ Dip: add 1 to 1-1/2 Tbsp BBQ Rub

Ps I would think the Greek or morracan would work too!?

I've used both, and they are both very good. I adore the Greek, and it is my new favorite for dips. It's almost impossible to use too much.

The Moroccan is also very good, but it's best to go light on it as it is strong. Also, if you aren't a fan of a curried flavor, you won't like this as a dip. If you do like it, it will be right up your alley! :)

heat123 said:
Ps I would think the Greek or morracan would work too!?

I tried doing the "asian" as a dip... that wasn't so good...FYI

ardipc said:
I've used both, and they are both very good. I adore the Greek, and it is my new favorite for dips. It's almost impossible to use too much.

The Moroccan is also very good, but it's best to go light on it as it is strong. Also, if you aren't a fan of a curried flavor, you won't like this as a dip. If you do like it, it will be right up your alley! :)

What do you dip in it? I made the Southwestern today, and it went over half and half. 2 loved, one not so much, the other didn't comment and I don't think that I loved it. I think that it would've been better with all sour cream and no mayo (although, admittedly, I used Miracle Whip Lite instead as we're all watching our weight here). We dipped pretzel sticks and veggies...

I have a show tomorrow, and I thought I would show off the seasonings in the form of dips. They will be served with veggies. Since I haven't tasted these before - I wasn't sure which would work with veggies and the exact recipe for each.

I am definetely making the dill.

I was also thinking of making the greek and the chipolte. Would these work with veggies? How many tablespoons of the grk seasoning should I add?

Thanks!

ChefPaulaB said:
What do you dip in it? I made the Southwestern today, and it went over half and half. 2 loved, one not so much, the other didn't comment and I don't think that I loved it. I think that it would've been better with all sour cream and no mayo (although, admittedly, I used Miracle Whip Lite instead as we're all watching our weight here). We dipped pretzel sticks and veggies...

That would throw the taste off!

You really cannot substitute Miracle Whip for a recipe that calls for Mayo - the taste is totally different.

You can use a light mayo though. I use the new Olive Oil Mayo - that's a light mayo!

ChefBeckyD said:

You really cannot substitute Miracle Whip for a recipe that calls for Mayo - the taste is totally different.

You can use a light mayo though. I use the new Olive Oil Mayo - that's a light mayo!

Becky, need to pick your brain and you are a whiz with ingredients!:chef:

I want to make a sun-dried tomato "spread" as an optional topping to sun-dried tomato pork tenderloin. Could I skip the sour cream....do mayo only, or is there an alternative you would suggest?

Thanks! I do value your taste buds! :D

ChefBeckyD said:

Yeah, I wondered about that the other day, I have noticed on some recipes that call for Mayo that they say no subs... Maybe I'll try the dips again sometime using real mayo instead... is the Olive Oil Mayo better as far as fat and calories than the Lite Mayo?

I took the plung and tried out the different dip options for my show the other night. People loved the chipolte and the greek. They were not so wowed by the dill. While they liked the dill, they felt it was nothing special and compared it to ranch.

Yes, I did use regular mayo.

Andrea

ChefPaulaB said:
Yeah, I wondered about that the other day, I have noticed on some recipes that call for Mayo that they say no subs... Maybe I'll try the dips again sometime using real mayo instead... is the Olive Oil Mayo better as far as fat and calories than the Lite Mayo?

Well, it's the same I think in fat and calories as the lite mayo - but it's made with olive oil, which is a heart-healthier oil. The big difference between mayo and miracle whip is that MW has a lot of sugar/sweetener in it - and if something isn't supposed to be sweet, it can really throw the taste off. Of course, I'm not a MW fan, and I live with 2 guys who LOVE it...

avelissar said:
I took the plung and tried out the different dip options for my show the other night. People loved the chipolte and the greek. They were not so wowed by the dill. While they liked the dill, they felt it was nothing special and compared it to ranch.

Yes, I did use regular mayo.

Andrea

I love the chipotle & greek both for dips! I also like the chipotle mixed in w/ Ranch Dressing to make a Southwestern Ranch Dressing...it's so good!

Oh - and I use the Greek when I make Tzatziki Sauce. Yum!

1. How do I make a dip using your spices?

To make a dip using our spices, simply mix the desired amount of spices with your choice of base, such as sour cream, Greek yogurt, or mayonnaise. You can also add in additional ingredients like diced vegetables or shredded cheese for added flavor and texture.

2. Which spices work best for making dips?

All of our spices can be used to make delicious dips, but some of our most popular options include our Garlic & Herb Rub, Southwest Seasoning, and Onion Onion Seasoning. It ultimately depends on your personal taste and the flavor profile you are going for.

3. Can I use the dips as a marinade for meats?

While our dips are designed for dipping, they can also be used as a marinade for meats. Simply mix the dip with a little bit of oil to create a marinade and let the meat sit in it for several hours before cooking.

4. Are the dips gluten-free?

Some of our spices and dips are gluten-free, while others may contain gluten. It's best to check the label or our website for each specific product to determine if it is gluten-free.

5. How long will the dips last once prepared?

The shelf life of the dips will vary depending on the base used and any additional ingredients added. We recommend consuming the dip within 3-5 days of preparation for optimal freshness and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
JAE