• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Choc. Chip Cannoli Dip: Reviews and Storage Tips from Diane

In summary, Diane's friend made the Cannoli Dip and it was delicious. She used the ricotta, but found that it separated by the end of the night. She thinks that using part skim ricotta will make it last longer. Monica made the dip and it was also delicious. She uses regular whipped cream and part skim ricotta. Both recipes say to make it sometime when there are other things to eat so that it can be sampled and if someone doesn't like it, it won't be a waste.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Hi... I'm just wondering if anyone has made the Cannoli Dip... if they
liked it and if it will hold for 2 days or if it needs to be made
shortly before using?
Thanks! Diane

A girl in my cluster make this dip. She could not find ricotta,so she used cream cheese..... all i have to say is it was DANG good. She made 2 batches of the dip, but only one made it to the meeting b/c she ate the other.Monica

My MIL made it for her first show... SO good!
I think it would hold.....why would you want to do that though? just asking.. I thought it was a really easy throw together sorta thing...

very yummy though

Oh... I am sorry... I was thinking of it for a birthday party.. not PC party... I'll make it at my next show ... I was just hoping for myself that it would hold so I could prepare it ahead.

I have made it and it was delicious. I used the ricotta, but I found that by the end of the evening (I just made it for a movie night at my house) it had started to separate. Evening after stirring it and refrigerating it overnight, it was still separated.

OOOH, I'm practicing this recipe this afternoon! I'm making it for my show tomorrow. I figured you can't go wrong with chocolate:D I've never used ricotta either, but I found it next to the cottage cheese; just in case someone else couldn't find it!

monica.dixon said:
A girl in my cluster make this dip. She could not find ricotta,so she used cream cheese..... all i have to say is it was DANG good. She made 2 batches of the dip, but only one made it to the meeting b/c she ate the other.

Monica

When cream cheese is used, do you use 2 - 8 oz packages because it calls for 15oz of ricotta cheese.

My husband & daughter don't like ricotta cheese but they love cream cheese.

I just need to know how much.

Thanks

I use this recipe a lot!!! It is a great second recipe to have done ahead of time or for a quick and easy show! I love it and I am ashamed to say I can eat it all myself if I am not careful. Strawberries work best with it. I have found that if I use the "part skim" ricotta cheese instead of the "fat free" is lasts a lot longer. Try that and see how it works for you.

As for not liking ricotta cheese, I can't stand it, but mixed in this dip I can not tell and I love it! Isn't it funny what we will eat when it is mixed in with something else?!

Okay, I just made it for my girls & I to try. It is YUMMY:) I had never tried ricotta before...yuck by itself! But mixed with everything else, this dip is a great second recipe I think. It only takes a few minutes to throw together. Great with strawberries!
(my mom said she also uses ricotta in her lasagna to make it creamier & cheesier...she mixes it with the cottage cheese!)

I made this for a show and everyone loved it! I served it in the 3 tier stand-dip on top in medium bowl, chips below on medium squares. I did it as a make-ahead to show the sa stand,etc. Made about 2 hours before the show and kept refrigerated but by the end of the show while cleaning up I noticed it had gotten very soupy. It did sit out during the show and was fine when the guests ate it but soon after it began to turn watery. Restirring wouldn't help because mine wasn't separated, it just changed in consistency. I still think it is a great recipe and I will be making it again soon!

Ricotta is often a dessert cheese!I have several heavenly dessert recipes that include ricotta cheese. Most of them are recipes from my friend who is a French Chef. Before she gave me those I had never heard of using Ricotta cheese in anything but Lasagna - you can't make good lasagna without ricotta cheese IMHO - and I am famous for my lasagna!

Anyway, TRY IT!! You will love it!

If you're not sure about a recipe or special ingredient make it sometime when there will be lots of other things to eat (like a pot luck supper). That way it can be sampled and if YOU don't like it someone is sure to! No waste!

Yummy!I made mine yesterday (just about 24hrs ago) and it's still looking the way it was right after I got done making it. I used regular whipped cream and part-skim ricotta. I must admit that I put in a few too many MINI chocolate chips (but can you REALLY have "too many" mini chocolate chips? LOL).

Looks great, tastes great, might even grate (microplane works better) a few of those green and red pistachios instead of the chocolate chips at home as practice for Christmas shows to see how it looks. :D

susan g said:
I made this for a show and everyone loved it! I served it in the 3 tier stand-dip on top in medium bowl, chips below on medium squares. I did it as a make-ahead to show the sa stand,etc. Made about 2 hours before the show and kept refrigerated but by the end of the show while cleaning up I noticed it had gotten very soupy. It did sit out during the show and was fine when the guests ate it but soon after it began to turn watery. Restirring wouldn't help because mine wasn't separated, it just changed in consistency. I still think it is a great recipe and I will be making it again soon!

Maybe you could keep it cooler longer in the rectangle chillzanne & have the fruit surrounding it!:D

I'll have to search the cookbooks for this one! Sounds great for open houses, too!

I made this for a church dinner and served it with those chocolate graham cracker sticks. The kids (and everyone else!) LOVED it! They were out of the nonfat ricotta so I used low fat, as well. I didn't have a problem with it separating, and I made it up in the afternoon on Saturday to serve on Sunday.

I added some extra choc. chips, too!

BTW, leanvv, it is in this season's Season's Best CB!:)
HTH

Is this recipe in the new Season's Best? Or where will I find it??

Yes...F& W SB page 23

UK Consultant recipe request - Chocolate Chip Cannoli Dip!Does anyone have the recipe for the Chocolate Chip Cannoli Dip please?
I'm a UK consultant and we don't have the same recipes as you guys but it sounds absolutely yummy!
Thank you in advance!

Related to Delicious Choc. Chip Cannoli Dip: Reviews and Storage Tips from Diane

1. What are the reviews for the Delicious Choc. Chip Cannoli Dip?

The Delicious Choc. Chip Cannoli Dip has received excellent reviews from our customers. They love the rich and creamy texture, as well as the perfect balance of chocolate and cannoli flavors.

2. Can this dip be stored in the refrigerator?

Yes, this dip can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. Just make sure to give it a stir before serving to redistribute the ingredients.

3. How long does this dip stay fresh?

If stored properly in the refrigerator, this dip should stay fresh for up to 3 days. However, we recommend consuming it within 2 days for optimal flavor and texture.

4. Can this dip be served with anything other than cookies?

Absolutely! While this dip pairs perfectly with cookies, it can also be served with fruit, pretzels, graham crackers, or even as a topping for ice cream. Get creative and enjoy it however you like!

5. Is this dip suitable for special diets?

Unfortunately, this dip is not suitable for those with dietary restrictions. It contains dairy, gluten, and nuts. However, we do offer a variety of other delicious dips that cater to different dietary needs. Check out our website for more options!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Jennie50
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips