• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Buttery Dill Carrots Cooked in Large Micro-Cooker | Recipe Review

In summary, the Large Micro-Cooker is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for steaming, boiling, and reheating food in the microwave. It has a 2-quart capacity and is dishwasher safe. It can be used for a variety of foods except for high-fat foods, and it is not safe for use in the oven or on the stovetop.
ChefPeg
Gold Member
I made the PC recipe Buttery Dill Carrots in mine. Followed the recipe exactly as written. The carrots turned out good, but the bottom of the cooker now has some slight damage in some small areas, almost like it started melting! Anybody else have this problem?

I toasted slivered almonds once at a Show and the almonds were embeded into the cooker. I couldn't get them out... I had to replace it! I think it all depends on the microwave.

Dora Goodin said:
I toasted slivered almonds once at a Show and the almonds were embeded into the cooker. I couldn't get them out... I had to replace it! I think it all depends on the microwave.

Was it still under warranty at the time? Did you call HO about it? If so, did they replace it?

I did not call the HO although it was under warranty. I figured it was not worth my time and energy to return it and spend postage on it. I put it on one of my hosts' order who happened to be a friend of mine, did not pay shipping, got her discount and also got commission paid on it. I figured it was less stressful than having to deal with them and it only cost me about $5.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you experienced some damage to your pressure cooker while making the Buttery Dill Carrots recipe. I have not personally encountered this issue, but it's possible that the high heat and cook time may have caused some warping or melting in certain areas. I would recommend checking the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and care of your pressure cooker, and perhaps adjusting the cooking time or temperature for future recipes. If the damage is significant, I would also suggest contacting the manufacturer for assistance. In the meantime, I hope you were still able to enjoy the delicious carrots! Happy cooking!

Related to Delicious Buttery Dill Carrots Cooked in Large Micro-Cooker | Recipe Review

What is the Large Micro-Cooker and how does it work?

The Large Micro-Cooker is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for a variety of tasks such as steaming, boiling, and reheating food. It is made of durable, microwave-safe plastic and has a lid with a steam vent to allow for even cooking. Simply place your food inside, cover with the lid, and microwave for the recommended time.

What size is the Large Micro-Cooker and how much food can it hold?

The Large Micro-Cooker has a capacity of 2 quarts, making it suitable for cooking larger portions of food. It can hold up to 8 cups of liquid or solid ingredients, making it perfect for family-sized meals or batch cooking.

Can the Large Micro-Cooker be used in the oven or on the stovetop?

No, the Large Micro-Cooker is designed specifically for use in the microwave. It is not safe to use in the oven or on the stovetop as it is made of plastic and may melt or warp under high temperatures.

Is the Large Micro-Cooker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Large Micro-Cooker is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan.

What types of food can be cooked in the Large Micro-Cooker?

The Large Micro-Cooker is suitable for a variety of foods such as vegetables, rice, pasta, soups, and even meats. It can also be used for melting butter, chocolate, or making sauces. However, it is not recommended for use with high-fat foods such as bacon or fried foods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • Karen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies