• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Delicious Buffalo Rub Dip Recipe: Try These Tasty Variations!

In summary, Jenni made a dip using the Spinach & Red Pepper Oil Dipping seasoning with mayo & sour cream. Her friends loved it and she is thinking of making it with chicken instead of blue cheese. Linda Child mentioned the recipe on a CD that came with the dip seasoning. Pop one bag of popcorn and melt 4 Tbsp of butter and mix in 2 Tbsp of the Buffalo Rub. This would make the dip spicier than normal.
I made a dip for my meeting with:

1Tblsp rub
1 cup blue cheese salad dressing
1 brick cream cheese
1/4 cup Franks sauce
monterrey jack cheese grated on top
triscuits or wheat thins

HUGE hit at the meeting. Any other ideas?

I made a dip last night using the Spinach & Red Pepper Oil Dipping seasoning with mayo & sour cream. My friends loved it!!!!

Jenni -- I was thinking about using that dip recipe with a can of chunk chicken...bake at 350 for 15 minutes -- to make the "Buffalo Chicken Dip" and serve with crackers.

Someone used it on popcorn. Linda Child??

We did it on popcorn for a meeting and then again the other night. YUM! They talk about the recipe on that CD that came. Pop one bag of popcorn (3.5 oz I think). You're supposed to melt 4 Tbsp of butter and mix in 2 Tbsp of the Buffalo Rub. That seemed like a lot of butter, so I think we maybe did 3 Tbsp but on TWO bags of popcorn. It is SO good. I want some right now. When I did it, I may have done about 2.5 Tbsp of butter and 1 Tbsp of rub and it was good, but I may increase the rub next time.

I saw the one with the chicken but did not have any so left it out and liked it a lot. Will be offering it at my shows when it gets a bit cooler here. Would be great with carrots and celery too.

Jenni - this is a dumb question, but did you heat that dip or serve it cold?

Chefbeckyd said:
Jenni - this is a dumb question, but did you heat that dip or serve it cold?

And what is Franks sauce?

heated in the micro for 2 minutes in the mini baker. Franks is a red hot sauce used in most buffalo wing recipes

Great ideas! I have my meeting on Tuesday so these help LOTS!

pamperedlinda said:
nope, wasn't me

Well, you always do such creative things, I immediately thought of you! :candyheart::candyheart:

Just made the dip (added chicken) and WOW...it's so yummy! I used ranch b/c I don't like blue cheese. That Buffalo Rub has quite a kick. I usually put 1 cup of Franks Hot Sauce in my Chicken Dip and so I did 1/3 cup and 1 tbsp of the rub...much hotter than normal. I'm eating it with tostitos. Delicious!

iteachurkid said:
Just made the dip (added chicken) and WOW...it's so yummy! I used ranch b/c I don't like blue cheese. That Buffalo Rub has quite a kick. I usually put 1 cup of Franks Hot Sauce in my Chicken Dip and so I did 1/3 cup and 1 tbsp of the rub...much hotter than normal. I'm eating it with tostitos. Delicious!

So do you think it would be good (but milder) if the Franks sauce was skipped entirely? I've never made this and I don't care for too hot - some, yes but not too much.

bethcooks4u said:
So do you think it would be good (but milder) if the Franks sauce was skipped entirely? I've never made this and I don't care for too hot - some, yes but not too much.

I was wondering the same thing, Beth. I have everything to make this except the Franks, and I wanted to make it for my team meeting here tonight.

bethcooks4u said:

I don't see why it wouldn't be. I love Franks and it gives it more of the buffalo wing taste (the the orangy buffalo wing color), but I think it would still be good without. If you use it and don't like super hot. I'd do 1/4C of Franks and then maybe 3/4 of a tbsp of the rub. I couldn't believe how spicy it was!! Super good though. Let us know how it turns out if you make it!

I have had Frank's hot sauce and I got a bout of heartburn when I read 1 cup!! I think it does add to the over all flavor but maybe if you add a little at a time it would turn out the way you want. Glad you let us know about the kick of the Buffalo Rub! I love a flavor and spice, but I too am from the not too hot club. Can't wait to share this rub with my son and brother! My brother lives in Buffalo and my son loves his chicken wings! Hmmm..thinking of others too!

I bought Franks Hot Wing Sauce - figuring it wouldn't be quite as potent as Franks Hot Sauce. I have Ranch dressing, but Bleu cheese to put in it, and I'm making it for my Team Meeting here tonight!

I did this for my Team Meeting - and it was a HIT!

But here is how I did it....because I'm a Hot Sauce Wimp!

8 oz. cream cheese
1 can chicken
1 cup Ranch dressing
1/4 cup Bleu Cheese crumbles
1/4 cup Franks Wing Sauce
1 heaping Teas. Buffalo Rub
4 oz. grated cheddar

I mixed everything except the cheddar together in a mini baker, then sprinkled the cheddar over the top, and popped it in the micro for a couple minutes til it was melty. I served it with celery & carrot sticks, and tortilla chips. It received Thumbs Up's from all of my team!

Thanks a bunch! Going to try this and the dip Colleen did too!

Chefbeckyd said:
I did this for my Team Meeting - and it was a HIT!

But here is how I did it....because I'm a Hot Sauce Wimp!

8 oz. cream cheese
1 can chicken
1 cup Ranch dressing
1/4 cup Bleu Cheese crumbles
1/4 cup Franks Wing Sauce
1 heaping Teas. Buffalo Rub
4 oz. grated cheddar

I mixed everything except the cheddar together in a mini baker, then sprinkled the cheddar over the top, and popped it in the micro for a couple minutes til it was melty. I served it with celery & carrot sticks, and tortilla chips. It received Thumbs Up's from all of my team!

What size can of chicken?

pamperedlinda said:
What size can of chicken?

I had the cans of chicken from Costco, which are large, so I just used about half...so like a regular size can from the grocery store?

Gheez, I don't know Linda - don't ask me the hard questions!:bugeye:

Chefbeckyd said:
I had the cans of chicken from Costco, which are large, so I just used about half...so like a regular size can from the grocery store?

Gheez, I don't know Linda - don't ask me the hard questions!:bugeye:

ahem....you are the recipe queen....didn't mean to tax your brain :angel:

I'm guessing a 10 oz can

Made this for my meeting last night and I took two med. sized boneless skinless chicken breasts that were frozen solid as a rock. Microwaved them for 12 minutes flipping every 4 minutes. Then I diced them into the rest of the ingredients. So good and Colleen I did your dip and that was a hit as well! THANK YOU ALL!!!:chef:

I love that Chicken Wing Dip. It is sooooo good!! I can't wait to try the Buffalo rub on popcorn. Okay, what else???? Come on Becky!;):p LOL!

Related to Delicious Buffalo Rub Dip Recipe: Try These Tasty Variations!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Delicious Buffalo Rub Dip?

The Delicious Buffalo Rub Dip recipe calls for cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing, Pampered Chef's Buffalo Rub, shredded cheddar cheese, and chopped green onions.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese in this dip?

Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese, such as blue cheese or pepper jack, to add your own twist to this tasty dip.

3. How spicy is the Pampered Chef Buffalo Rub?

The Pampered Chef Buffalo Rub has a medium level of spiciness, but you can adjust the amount used in the dip to your personal preference. If you prefer a milder dip, use less of the Buffalo Rub, and for a spicier kick, add more.

4. Can I make this dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dip ahead of time and store it in the fridge until ready to serve. However, it is best to add the chopped green onions right before serving to keep them fresh and crunchy.

5. What are some tasty variations I can try with this dip?

Some delicious variations to the Delicious Buffalo Rub Dip include adding cooked and crumbled bacon, diced jalapenos, or chopped chicken for a heartier dip. You can also use Greek yogurt in place of sour cream for a healthier option. Get creative and make it your own!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD