• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

December Paycheck: Understanding the Impact of a Weekend Payday

In summary, the conversation revolved around the dates of getting paid and the potential delay for the December mid-month paycheck due to Christmas falling on a weekend and the HO being closed. It was suggested to call HO or check the consultant calendar for more information. The topic of Trader Joe's was also brought up and various items were mentioned, including organic energy bars, chocolate covered dried cranberries, and Frenchberry lemonade. There were also some playful exchanges between the participants.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
So, I am looking at the dates when we get paid......and thinking about December's mid-month paycheck.....

We get paid on the 22nd, but in Dec. the 22nd falls on a Sat......so usually it would be the next business day - which in Dec falls on the 24th, and HO is closed for the 24th.........so does that mean we won't get paid until the 26th? Because I was really hoping that paycheck could go towards last minute Christmas expenses..........

Sounds like a call to HO is in order.

Chefann, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

chefann said:
Sounds like a call to HO is in order.

GROOOAAANNN!:grumpy: I HATE calling HO...........I was hoping maybe someone already had. Maybe I'll email the solution center instead......

Hrmm... well, according to the consultant calendar the mid-month dollar sign shows up on the 24th... I'd venture to say that direct deposit information goes in days before it actually goes out so that it can occur even when HO is closed, so long as the banks are open and I think the banks are only closed on Christmas Day.

Or, you could look online at the calendar on the November CN. Direct Deposit will be deposited on the 24th even though HO is closed. As for mailed checks, no idea!

Didn't think about online.....maybe because I STILL don't have my Nov. CN!

Hey, Becky! I thought of you last night - I went to TJ's to get stuff for Thanksgiving dinner. :) I got some organic energy bars (kids size, they're great for mid-afternoon snacks at work), and saw a whole bunch of other stuff that I thought you'd like. neener neener neener....

Bummer. I didn't think this through. My bank NEVER posts my direct deposit til the end of the business day, so it looks like I'll be waiting til the 26th. :(:(

chefann said:
Hey, Becky! I thought of you last night - I went to TJ's to get stuff for Thanksgiving dinner. :) I got some organic energy bars (kids size, they're great for mid-afternoon snacks at work), and saw a whole bunch of other stuff that I thought you'd like. neener neener neener....

Ohhh, that is just mean! ;) Would you believe they won't build on on this side of the state - because the demographics aren't right? There aren't enough people who live here who have at least a 4 yr college degree......:grumpy:

Becky & Ann, what is TJ's???

Okay, so from what I know, at least with the direct deposit, is that banks are not allowed to be closed for more than 2 days at a time!
I'm sure PC has taken this into account and I believe they will make it happen on Friday or Saturday and it will post on Monday then, if it says the 24 then we will paid the 24th. The banks will be open on the 24th if even for only a 1/2 day. PC probably will mail the checks like that too, and they might go out on Saturday. I don't know rules about he Post office though:confused:

chefmeg said:
Becky & Ann, what is TJ's???

Trader Joe's - a really cool Grocery Store with stuff you can't find anywhere else......<<<<BIG SIGH>>>>

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Chefann, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Get your mind out of the gutter!!!! :p

That's not a gutter comment - it's a Brain comment!I think so, KG. But how do we find a tiara to fit a trout?

chefann said:
That's not a gutter comment - it's a Brain comment!

I think so, KG. But how do we find a tiara to fit a trout?

Sounds fishy to me... if not downright cod...

Poit! NARF!

chefann said:
Poit! NARF!

Ann? Did I.... make.... you speechless? :eek:

LOL

Nice Pinky "Narf" BTW...

Me, speechless? Never! Or, almost never. :)I think I might go eat some of the chocolate covered dried cranberries I picked up at Trader Joe's last night... mmm....

chefann said:
Me, speechless? Never! Or, almost never. :)

I think I might go eat some of the chocolate covered dried cranberries I picked up at Trader Joe's last night... mmm....

Evil......just Evil.......

chefann said:
That's not a gutter comment - it's a Brain comment!

I think so, KG. But how do we find a tiara to fit a trout?
Hmmmm, must be fan mail from some flounder.

Probably from the same place the catfish got his basketball.

ChefBeckyD said:
Trader Joe's - a really cool Grocery Store with stuff you can't find anywhere else......<<<<BIG SIGH>>>>
We've even got a Trader Joe's here, although it's in the hip and trendy part of town (where Ann's sister lives) and not out here in the sticks.

Trader Joe's Frenchberry lemonade is the BEST! Yum.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
We've even got a Trader Joe's here, although it's in the hip and trendy part of town (where Ann's sister lives) and not out here in the sticks.
And my sister does 90% of her grocery shopping there. :) Their prices on organics and other specialty foods are fantastic! Plus, they have things to keep the kiddos occupied while shopping. They have a stuffed animal parrot named Millie (the TJ's near me has a monkey named Cocoa) that they hide in the store. When kids tell the cashier where it is, they get a free fruit leather snack.

hmm... what else did I pick up last night.... 3 bottles of "Three Buck Chuck" wine for Thanksgiving, free trade coffee, dark chocolate covered shortbread stars, peppermint Jo-Jo's (like Oreos, but with peppermint flavored cream), garlic and parmesan pita chips, chicken broth concentrate (can't wait to try that!)... But they were out of the dark chocolate covered almonds with sea salt. :cry:

I keep telling you to come for a visit, Becky!

chefann said:
Poit! NARF!
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?""I think so, Brain, but if they called them sad meals kids wouldn't buy them."
250px-Pinky_and_the_Brain_vol1.jpg
You can see the into here.

chefann said:
Me, speechless? Never! Or, almost never. :)

I think I might go eat some of the chocolate covered dried cranberries I picked up at Trader Joe's last night... mmm....

Oh how yummy... this afternoon after lunch, I tried out a mug cake for real... figured it was good... for research... yeah, that's right, research... :cool:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

The closest one to us is... down toward Devon, down near The Main Line and that's not near at all. There's also a Whole Foods Market down there too... but driving an hour or so one way and then back again is just not worth it, especially with gas going up. I used to work down that way and would swoop over when I could afford it... but alas, it wasn't often.

We do have a home-grown local health food store that's closer and they keep me happy with many a good thing... that's one thing about living in 'the sticks' or worse... a bumpkin redneck town (that's not a slight btw, some folks round here would consider it a compliment *giggle*)...

ChefBeckyD said:
Didn't think about online.....maybe because I STILL don't have my Nov. CN!
I just received mine yesterday. I don't even care because I've seen it enough online. What is up with how late it comes?

chefann said:
hmm... what else did I pick up last night.... peppermint Jo-Jo's (like Oreos, but with peppermint flavored cream)

Ooh, DH went to TJ's over the weekend and got these for me. I'm in HEAVEN!!! The package is already half gone and I'm the only one eating them...oops.

Well, we don't have Trader Joe's around, but I am enjoying my Girl Scout cookies - Carmel Delights...yum...box almost gone. :(

Wow! Did this thread get hi-jacked or what!?

I love Trader Joes too!!!:D

ChefBeckyD

GROOOAAANNN! I HATE calling HO...........

Why do you hate calling HO? They are always very pleasant and helpful when I call.

Christ Follower said:
Wow! Did this thread get hi-jacked or what!?I love Trader Joes too!!!:D
Several times. It's a mark of a popular thread around here.Some of us are very choosy about what threads we hijack.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Some of us are very choosy about what threads we hijack.
*snort*

This sentence is funny for so many reasons. Or else it's Opposite Day and I didn't get the notice. :D

Humph...not fair. I have to drive to Cary or Charlotte to go............they need to open one in Wilmington. Maybe I will just call my mom and beg her to make a run for me.

chefann said:
*snort*

This sentence is funny for so many reasons. Or else it's Opposite Day and I didn't get the notice. :D

It's Opposite Day... or Lief Erickson Day... either way... it's still funny...

1. When do we get paid in December?

In December, we typically get paid on the 22nd. However, since the 22nd falls on a Saturday this year, the pay date will be moved to the next business day.

2. What day will our December mid-month paycheck be deposited?

The December mid-month paycheck will be deposited on the next business day after the 22nd, which falls on the 24th. However, since HO is closed on the 24th, the paycheck will most likely be deposited on the 26th.

3. Will we still get paid before Christmas?

Since the paycheck will most likely be deposited on the 26th, it may not be available for use on Christmas. It is best to plan accordingly and budget for any last minute expenses.

4. Can we expect our paycheck earlier if the 22nd falls on a weekend?

No, the pay date will still be the next business day after the 22nd. The pay schedule does not change even if the 22nd falls on a weekend.

5. Will the delay in our December paycheck affect our future pay dates?

No, the delay in the December paycheck should not affect any future pay dates. The pay schedule should resume as normal for the following month.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • jwpamp
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies