• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Debating a Pampered Chef Slowdown: Advice Needed

I don't think it's worth it to let go of your consultant status. I think you are better off hanging in there for a while and seeing if things change.I agree. I think it may be worth your while to keep your consultant status and see if things change.Thanks for your help!* If you have submitted $150 or more in any given month, even if it is not the same month as your most recent submission, you are still considered an active consultant.
msmileyface
Hi friends,

I am starting to feel like I want to stop doing PC. It's not that I don't like it, because I do, but I have 3 additional activities in my life that are taking up a lot of time and I want to be doing them- agility training with my dog, church and choir, and learning to seriously sew. These are things that relax me that I love, and I need to have time for them. Lately I am feeling like I wish I didn't have PC on my plate (I only do 2 or so shows a month anyway, it's a minor part of my life). However, I also know that it makes money for me and that it is a positive thing to do. So I am debating about how to move forward. It doesn't help that I have nothing on my calendar right now. I am in a slump for bookings, and know I should get on the phone to call people, but that's the thing- I don't want to do that anymore. I don't want to have to struggle at it. Right now my focus is on de-stressing my life, and I'll be honest, when the shows come easy, I'm up for it.. but when they don't (like now), I really am not.

I don't want to sound like a downer or a quitter, I'm just being honest about how I am feeling right now and hoping someone can relate. I am very happy in my life right now but feel "guilty" about wanting to let PC go.
I don't want to regret it, either!

Here is my question- What happens if I go inactive? I had a show in December and have nothing on the books for January. IF I don't schedule anything for January, but I have one in February, I will retain my career sales, correct? I am thinking that if I take the month off and regroup, but plan a big PC mystery host party at my house for the first week of February, it will renew my interest (and that of my friends and family). Thoughts?

Thanks for listening. Happy New Year to everyone!
Meredith

Being inactive one month shouldn't do anything to your career sales, just come Feb you can't order supplies or personal order until you have ashoew submitted. You will also still have the $2 for insurance deducted for each month, active or inactive.

I think it is a good idea to give yourself a month off...we all need it sometimes, adn that will let you know if you think about what you want. If PC is just causing you stress, and you don't need the money/free stuff, then you may want to think about letting it go...afterall you would have 6 months to really decide if that is what you want. It wouldn't make you a "quitter" you would just be changing your priorities. But...if you do want/need the money and free stuff, just take 1-2 days a month and have it blocked for the dreaded phone calls, and really work hard a putting a schedule into place on when you will fit PC stuff into your other activities, that way it won't be as much of a stresser and you will find you have even more time to do the other things you mentioned you plan to do.

Good luck and happy new year!

Thanks for your help! If you go inactive after the 2nd month, what does it take to start up again? You referred to 6 months? I'm not sure I understand. Thanks again :)

msmileyface said:
Thanks for your help! If you go inactive after the 2nd month, what does it take to start up again? You referred to 6 months? I'm not sure I understand. Thanks again :)

In any month that you do not submit at least $150 in commissionable sales, you are inactive. If you are inactive for 6 consecutive months, you lose your consultant status. If you submit $150 in any month prior to that sixth month, you start the countdown over.

I see. But after the 2nd month, you lose your career sales, right?

I am not sure about how many inactive months means you lose career sales. ???

If you submit at least $150 in January and less than $150 in February you must submit $150 in March or you lose your career sales*. (or any three month span)

If you go 6 months without submitting at least $150 in sales in a given month you are no longer a consultant and must sign again if you want to start up again.

Unless you ("you" meaning anyone) have major life events happening I recommend always having AT LEAST one show a month and you never have to worry. One show a week is even better because you then earn many of the incentives HO offers AND if a show or two doesn't happen you still have at least that one (or two) show(s) per month.

*career sales is the total of sales so far since you started or last had two months in a row without at least $150 sold. This is important because once you hit $15000 you get a 2% raise on all sales (and a necklace) from then on out (startig the next month after you hit the $15K). HO also keeps track of the sales and at $50K, $100K and each additional $100K you get recognized on a list of earners. We used to get a special lunch and gift at conference too but that ended a couple years ago. At $1Million you get additional awards and kudos.

Last edited:
BethCooks4U said:
If you submit at least $150 in January and less than $150 in February you must submit $150 in March or you lose your career sales*. (or any three month span)

If you go 6 months without submitting at least $150 in sales in a given month you are no longer a consultant and must sign again if you want to start up again.

Unless you ("you" meaning anyone) have major life events happening I recommend always having AT LEAST one show a month and you never have to worry. One show a week is even better because you then earn many of the incentives HO offers AND if a show or two doesn't happen you still have at least that one (or two) show(s) per month.

*career sales is the total of sales so far since you started or last had two months in a row without at least $150 sold. This is important because once you hit $15000 you get a 2% raise on all sales (and a necklace) from then on out (startig the next month after you hit the $15K). HO also keeps track of the sales and at $50K, $100K and each additional $100K you get recognized on a list of earners. We used to get a special lunch and gift at conference too but that ended a couple years ago. At $1Million you get additional awards and kudos.

So, if I understand you correctly, you can take ONE month "off" without consequence, but two consecutive months causes you to lose your career sales? Is there any point at which you maintain your sales? After you hit your $15,000, do you lose your career sales by going inactive for two months? Seems harsh to make you start all over every time you need to take a bit of a break...

Funny I was just coming over here to clarify the losing career sales. My recruit didn't submit anything for Nov and December...I was thinking to give her one of my January catalog shows (common online friend we have) to help her out. If she submits a January show will she retain her sales?

If she didn't submit anything in November and also December then she has lost her career sales. One month of inactivity is okay, but two months of inactivity results in a loss of career sales, no matter what level they are in the company. After 6 months of inactivity a person is no longer considered a consultant and would have to buy one of the kits to start over.

babywings76 said:
If she didn't submit anything in November and also December then she has lost her career sales. One month of inactivity is okay, but two months of inactivity results in a loss of career sales, no matter what level they are in the company. After 6 months of inactivity a person is no longer considered a consultant and would have to buy one of the kits to start over.

That's what I feared...I wasn't sure if in the 3rd month you could submit and be "safe" or if it had to be in the 2nd month of inactivity.

THanks, this was all so helpful! I am thinking of taking January "off" and doing a mystery hostess event at my house to kick things off again in Feb. :)

I always suggest that someone take a while to think about things when they decide to quit this or anything else. It's rarely wise to make decisions when you're feeling overwhelmed or discouraged. If it's truly time for you to step away from PC, then do what you need to do. But, don't let a slump trick you into making a decision you'll regret.

you lose your career sales after 60 days of inactivity. January and February with no sales on March 1st your career sales goes back to zero. January, February, March, April, May, June with zero sales on July 1st you will no longer be a consultant and lose access to all consultant corner and lose your website as well.

Just a side note: if you do go inactive for two months you will also stop receiving Consultant News in the mail until you go active again.

Doing 1 or 2 shows a month is sometimes more difficult than doing 1 show a week.

Thanks for all the help.. setting up a mystery host show now for Feb 11th.. should be really fun!

wcsis said:
you lose your career sales after 60 days of inactivity. January and February with no sales on March 1st your career sales goes back to zero. January, February, March, April, May, June with zero sales on July 1st you will no longer be a consultant and lose access to all consultant corner and lose your website as well.

Just a side note: if you do go inactive for two months you will also stop receiving Consultant News in the mail until you go active again.

Doing 1 or 2 shows a month is sometimes more difficult than doing 1 show a week.

Just a note. It's not "60 days" it's 2 calendar months.

BethCooks4U said:
Just a note. It's not "60 days" it's 2 calendar months.

Yes, thank you. Months is correct.

I lost my career sales once because I was not clearly understanding the inactivity. I had two months that I had no sales, end of the second month we had a booth at the local county fair. I collected 150 in sales, promoted the guest special for the next month which was in 3 days. I submitted my show on the 1st of the month but still lost my career sales from the previous two months inactivity.

1. What is a Pampered Chef Slowdown?

A Pampered Chef Slowdown is a temporary decrease in sales or business activity, typically caused by seasonal factors or changes in consumer behavior. It can also refer to a period of time where a consultant experiences a decline in bookings or party sales.

2. How can I overcome a Pampered Chef Slowdown?

There are a few strategies you can use to overcome a Pampered Chef Slowdown. First, focus on promoting your products through social media and word of mouth. You can also offer special deals or incentives to entice customers to make purchases. Additionally, consider expanding your customer base by reaching out to new groups or hosting virtual parties.

3. Should I lower my prices during a Pampered Chef Slowdown?

Lowering prices during a Pampered Chef Slowdown is not recommended. It can devalue your products and hurt your profit margins. Instead, focus on promoting the value and benefits of your products to potential customers.

4. How can I stay motivated during a Pampered Chef Slowdown?

During a Pampered Chef Slowdown, it's important to stay positive and motivated. Set achievable goals for yourself and focus on your long-term business plan. You can also reach out to your upline or other consultants for support and advice.

5. Is a Pampered Chef Slowdown a common occurrence?

Yes, a Pampered Chef Slowdown is a normal part of running a business. It's important to remember that it is usually temporary and there are steps you can take to overcome it. With persistence and determination, you can successfully navigate through a slowdown and come out stronger on the other side.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Laura4
  • Kjurich
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies