• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Service Horror Story: Have You Experienced Rude HO Representatives?

In summary, the lady on the phone was rude and made me feel very dumb for my mistake. I called back later and spoke to a supervisor who apologized for her employee's attitude.
PamperedTammy
Gold Member
I called HO this morning and the lady that I spoke was just down right RUDE!! I failed to order the Monthly Host Special for the show I submitted yesterday and I called to find out what I could do to correct this. WOW!! The lady I spoke to just more or less made me feel really dumb for my mistake. I did call HO back after a little later and spoke to a supervisor and she apologized for the attitude of her employee, she would visit with this person on being a little more understanding..:( I felt horrible for leaving this off of the order, I sure didn't need someone making me feel any worse than I did. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts.

I'm glad you called back and spoke to someone else...sounds like someone was having a really bad Friday!

I had one today who jumped all over me, but meant well. I wonder if the holiday sweets have started to arrive....hmmm

Aw, that stinks! I'm glad the supervisor is going to speak to the rep about attitude.
You're right - we already feel bad when we're calling about a mistake. There's no need to belittle us.

You must have had the same lady that I did last night! It was the first time I've ever called HO and it made me not want to call back!

That is horrible ladies i feel for you but i know what you mean i have called before and got a rude person and sometimes wonder if they just get fed up dealling with all of their questions but that is what they are there to do... But still you shouldn't have to feel worse then you do about your mistake we all make them we are only human SO where they able to fix it will they order it for you??

I just called HO and the person was very nice. I've never had anyone act in a rude manner, but today's person was extra nice.

In the two years that I have been a consultant I have never talked to a rude person at HO. I've talked to a few that were a little on the 'slow' side and one who seemed to have a problem grasping the English language, but never anyone rude. So sorry this happened to you, hopefully that won't happen again.

I've never had a rude person either.

We just have to be REALLY patient with them. We know how we feel when an unhappy customer calls us... just think what it's like to be them and have unhappy call after unhappy call after unhappy call. Cut them some slack!

finley1991 said:
................ just think what it's like to be them and have unhappy call after unhappy call after unhappy call. Cut them some slack!
I would hate a job like that :yuck: ....it would drive be batty to deal with problems all day every day :cry: ! A tip I learned a long time ago was when the Cust Service person answers to call them by name when you speak to them. They usually say it when they answer, but if you missed it or couldn't hear then ask what their name was. I also thank them for their help and tell them to have a nice day/evening/weekend.....it really does make a difference ;) .

pamperedlinda said:
A tip I learned a long time ago was when the Cust Service person answers to call them by name when you speak to them. They usually say it when they answer, but if you missed it or couldn't hear then ask what their name was. I also thank them for their help and tell them to have a nice day/evening/weekend.....it really does make a difference ;) .
I do that!

I jot down their name anyway, so that I have it in my notes in case there's a problem. But I make a point to use it a couple of times in the conversation, too. After all, they use our names when we call - the least we can do is return the courtesy.

PamperedTammy said:
I called HO this morning and the lady that I spoke was just down right RUDE!!

It sounds like the same lady I spoke with a couple weeks ago! :yuck:
It was the first time in 2 years I have experienced a rude person from HO.
I was calling because my host did not receive her host special [cookware] and the rep basically accused my host of being dishonest and thought she really did receive the cookware. Anyway, it was all straightened out--my host was correct and received the wrong box--but I was really surprised by this rep's quick accusation and personal comments on the situation.

That's another reason to make a note of the cust svc rep's name - so you can send a comment (positive or negative) to management. If this is the same rep, and she is habitually unpleasant or rude, management should be informed.

When my first recruit was trying to sign, she had technical trouble with accepting her debit card. I called to ask for help for my recruit & the cust. serv. rep asked if I knew my recruit well enough to know that she wasn't trying to screw me & TPC out of her kit money. The rep actually accused her of lying about submitting her agreement. Can you believe that?

1. What is "Has This Happened to You?"

"Has This Happened to You?" is a fun and interactive game designed by Pampered Chef to help showcase our products and inspire creativity in the kitchen.

2. How do I play "Has This Happened to You?"

To play "Has This Happened to You?", you will need a variety of Pampered Chef products and ingredients. The game is played by drawing a random scenario card and using the listed products and ingredients to come up with a creative solution for that scenario.

3. Is "Has This Happened to You?" suitable for all ages?

Yes, "Has This Happened to You?" is suitable for all ages. It is a great way to get the whole family involved in the kitchen and have some fun while learning about our products.

4. Can I play "Has This Happened to You?" with a group of friends?

Absolutely! "Has This Happened to You?" is a great game to play with a group of friends. It's perfect for parties, team-building events, or just a fun night in with friends.

5. Do I need to have Pampered Chef products to play "Has This Happened to You?"

While having Pampered Chef products will enhance your experience with the game, it is not necessary. You can use similar products and ingredients from your own kitchen to play "Has This Happened to You?"

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Flamingo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • ChefinHarmony
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KimmyDarling
  • pamperedpals