• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can New Vendors Shine at Their First Vendor Show?

In summary, the conversation revolves around tips and ideas for a successful vendor show. Suggestions include using a prize wheel, offering a discount or free items, and having a sign-up for a chance to win a free cooking show. Attendees also share their own experiences with using these ideas and offer advice on how to attract and engage potential customers. The conversation ends with a request for feedback on how the vendor show went.
ldanti
Help!! I was just invited to attend my first vendor show. I am drawing a blank on what to do. I read about the tool turn about prize wheel and think it's great! what else do I do? Help please Looking forward to all of your expert advise:D
Thanks to all
Lorraine
Eat a live toad in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you for the rest of the day.
Find the key to yourself and every door in the world is open to you
Share your smile with everyone, but save your kiss for only one.

I try not to put out too many items... I usually do a prize drawing-- a $50 shopping spree. It won't cost you anything if they don't call you to make a purchase! Put out a couple of Theme Show bags (bright gift bags from the dollar store) with a host packet in them and a little gift. Bring more, but only put out a couple at a time. When people ask what they are you can tell them that they hare the new theme shows you are doing.

The Meet the Public CD is great from paperwork and supplies. I've attached some fliers.

Good luck and have fun!

Attachments

• fair prize drawing slip.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 500
  • Fair Coupon & Recipe.doc
    115.5 KB · Views: 502
Here's the other one. It didn't upload for some reason.

Attachments

• Expo Things to do.doc
    43 KB · Views: 435
Just put out kit items and some new products. I like to use the quick stir with some glitter and water in it and it will draw a lot of attention. Do drawings, Win a free chopper and win a free enhanced cooking show. You supply the food and paper goods. It has worked for me everytime. one person wins the chopper and everyone else wins the show. Not all will say yes to the show. Give a 10% discount to any orders that day and you can write it off on your taxes.....I did a fair a few weeks ago and got over $300 in orders and then got about 8 bookings for kitchen and catty shows. Was a great day. Have fun and don't sweat he small stuff. Give out a receipe and all your info.

Anne
What a great document. I read it after I replyed to the other message. I;) like the format of it. I think I might borrow it if thats ok....:rolleyes:
Andrea
AJPratt said:
Here's the other one. It didn't upload for some reason.

I use a box that I bought at Office Max (you can make your own though) and on it I put "ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A FREE COOKING SHOW" Of course, the people that sign up already know that they have a chance to win the show....and of course, everyone wins! When I follow up....I tell them that they were the lucky winner of the free cooking show and that the ingredients are on me! It works well and when someone signs up.....give them a recipe card with your info on it. I use old cattys with stickers on them that lets them know that I can mail them a new one if they are interested. At the last one....I gave them an old catty with a mini catalog of the new product! Because some people just pick cattys up and end up throwing them out. Good luck! I'm doing a vendor night and will be using the idea of the Wheel of Pampered Chef that night for the first time. I hope it goes well. So are you going to work it...if they sign up for a cooking show, they get to spin the wheel? I thought I'd do it that way....if they sign up....they will spin. That way I'm not givign away all my goods! Of course recipe card will be one of the cheap prizes that I will give away! I have used the idea of confetti in the quick stir pitcher and it does attract people to your table. It's so pretty and lets them in on how the pitcher works! I really thought that Anne's flyer on what to say at the expo was a good one to use...I copied that one! Thanks for that Anne!
Good luck at your vendor night!

Go ahead and use it! I got it off of someone else! I did add some things, but its not all mine.

Thank you all soooooo much I really Love this web site!!! Gratergirl Please let me know how it went for you and I will do the same.
Thanks Again

How it went.....
ldanti said:
Thank you all soooooo much I really Love this web site!!! Gratergirl Please let me know how it went for you and I will do the same.
Thanks Again
Just a quick note to inform you that I survived my first Pampered Chef weekend!!!!
My schedule was Saturday 12-2 Bridal event Mr. Tux at the mall
went ok got some leads
Saturday 6:00pm My daughters Show..for equestrian team.....just a few guests....Hopeful for outside orders
Sunday 12-5 Vendor event at VFW post
More Leads... and one small order (adding it to my daughters party)
I Took Pics at Mr. Tux wanna seee?

Attachments

• thanksgiving06-19.jpg
    thanksgiving06-19.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 431
  • thanksgiving06-25.jpg
    thanksgiving06-25.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 429
  • thanksgiving06-26.jpg
    thanksgiving06-26.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 445
  • thanksgiving06-28.jpg
    thanksgiving06-28.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
It doesn't matter what you have and how things look if YOU aren't approachable. The single most important thing you can go is stand up and speak to EVERYONE who walks by. Say, "hello, would you like to enter to win a prize?" I prefer having an actual product to give away (this time of year you could use a small batter bowl with the cookie mix inside and a big bow on top) so more people will enter. When they are filling out the form, talk to them: "have you heard of PC, have you ever had a party, what's your favorite product".

Good luck and be friendly!

Beautiful spread. I loved the little red stones in the SA dishes. I really need to get that rack!!

I am having a Valentines show in a Jewelry store in Feb, so I hope to have some good pieces to show off by then!

thechefofnorthbend said:
Beautiful spread. I loved the little red stones in the SA dishes. I really need to get that rack!!

I am having a Valentines show in a Jewelry store in Feb, so I hope to have some good pieces to show off by then!
the red stones are chocolate covered hearts you should be able to get them anywhere around valintines day and the fake craked ice is in the cake decorating isle at walmart Wilton makes it!

beepampered said:
It doesn't matter what you have and how things look if YOU aren't approachable. The single most important thing you can go is stand up and speak to EVERYONE who walks by. Say, "hello, would you like to enter to win a prize?" I prefer having an actual product to give away (this time of year you could use a small batter bowl with the cookie mix inside and a big bow on top) so more people will enter. When they are filling out the form, talk to them: "have you heard of PC, have you ever had a party, what's your favorite product".

Good luck and be friendly!

Hi Bee
I gave a way a cooking show (hehe) and I did approach people. it was easier at the vendor show. At the mall people have to walk by thoes kiosks in the mall with the telephone people then the lady with the hand cream, and then someone else......Its a sales gauntlet!!!! buy the time they got to me people would actually put there hands up (talk to the hand) and run!!!!!:eek:
I had soooo much more success at the VFW post
Thanks for the suggestions
Lorraine

Oh, I give away free prizes to everyone but I have them register for an actual product they can see. So, I have one prize that they register for; then, I call people and say "you've won one of the many prizes in our drawing." Sorry that people were avoiding you and hope you get some bookings out of your leads.

ldanti said:
Hi Bee
I gave a way a cooking show (hehe) and I did approach people. it was easier at the vendor show. At the mall people have to walk by thoes kiosks in the mall with the telephone people then the lady with the hand cream, and then someone else......Its a sales gauntlet!!!! buy the time they got to me people would actually put there hands up (talk to the hand) and run!!!!!:eek:
I had soooo much more success at the VFW post
Thanks for the suggestions
Lorraine
That happened to me at our 4H fair. People are just so rude sometimes.

1. How can I attract customers to my booth at a vendor show?

One of the best ways to attract customers to your booth is to create an eye-catching display. Use bright colors and visually appealing layouts to grab people's attention. You can also offer samples or demonstrations of your products to entice people to come over and learn more. Additionally, make sure to have clear signage and information about your brand and products.

2. What should I bring to a vendor show?

Aside from your products, it's important to bring business cards, order forms, and any other marketing materials you may have. It's also a good idea to bring extra supplies such as tablecloths, extension cords, and tape in case you need them. Lastly, don't forget to bring snacks and water to keep yourself energized throughout the day.

3. How should I price my products for a vendor show?

When pricing your products, consider your target audience and the location of the vendor show. Research similar products and their prices to get an idea of what the market is like. It's also a good idea to offer different price points to appeal to a variety of customers. Be sure to factor in the cost of participating in the vendor show when setting your prices.

4. How can I make the most out of networking opportunities at a vendor show?

Vendor shows are a great place to network with other vendors and potential customers. Take the time to introduce yourself to other vendors and exchange business cards. You can also offer to collaborate or cross-promote with other vendors to reach a wider audience. Don't be afraid to strike up conversations with customers and build relationships with them as well.

5. What are some tips for staying organized during a vendor show?

Staying organized is key to having a successful vendor show. Make sure to have a checklist of all the items you need to bring, and a plan for setting up and taking down your booth. Keep your products and supplies organized and easily accessible. It's also helpful to have a system for tracking sales and orders. Lastly, take breaks throughout the day to rest and recharge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies