• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Ideas for $$$ 2 Go 2 Conference

In summary, the conversation discusses ways to make money to pay for the conference. Some people suggest selling items on eBay, yard sales, or a fundraiser. Another person suggests setting aside money each time PC pays you, having a bake sale, and taking items to a better location for a garage sale.
Kathytnt
I know you first instinct is go to do more shows but time doesnt permit. I ahve conference club taken care of but there is still airfare and hotel.

Anyone had any creative ideas for finding $$ for conference.

Hold a yard sale. Get rid of all those kitchen items you have replaced with your new PC products.

Hold yourself a fundraiser! Do you think HO would wonder why the organization name is The Pampered Chef?

eBay!! Just because we can't sell PC items on eBay doesn't mean that we can't sell other things, or try a local Craigslist!

Sell your children!!! :p Just kidding!!!! ;)

Ok - I cannot sell my 4-legged kids but I could find some other kids that might be for sale

LOL!

well i don't know if there is anything like this around you, but my fil and his brother are going to start doing auctions once a month. they will auction off different peoples stuff and they get a commission. you would get the rest. i may try that if they don't charge to much commission and if i don't do that i am going to do ebay. i would love to do a yard sale but we don't get enough traffic on our road so we usually make $20-$40 so we quit doing them.

Lol
hoosierchef said:
Sell your children!!! :p Just kidding!!!! ;)

That was funny!! LOL

I think all the suggestions were great so far. I agree. There are so many ways to make money if we really want to.
Yard sales, eBay, and a fundraiser are excellent ideas and ones I have used myself for specific things I really wanted (dishwasher, extra vacation money, birthday/anniversary gifts, etc)

I also can think of maybe setting aside some money each time PC pays you into a savings account you won't touch or even a shoe box in the closet. We do that all the time. It's a valuable shoe box in our closet.

Also I would have a bake sale at your yard sale to make extra money. Babysit a few kids for a friend or neighbor for a couple of weekends.
I make my hobby of making cakes, cheesecakes, pies, cookies into a money making business on the side.
Sell stuff on eBay for other people and charge a percentage.
Cut down on eating out, and spending on things that you can do without.

Debbie :D

Kathytnt said:
I know you first instinct is go to do more shows but time doesnt permit. I ahve conference club taken care of but there is still airfare and hotel.

Anyone had any creative ideas for finding $$ for conference.

My cluster is doing a yard sale in May and the money that we raise their is being pooled togeher to pay for everyone's hotel room... so the only that we have to worry about once we get to conference is spending money...... But if your cluster isn't doing one... do one yourself and use that towards hotel or spending money... and if your in a town like I am in and not sure if you will get people to come to the sale call it an Estate Sale then you will get people coming out the ears..... My DH and I are doing one.. and then what we don't sell at that one I am selling it at the Yard sale in May.....

When I first started, the hospitaliy cluster I was with purchased a cookware set and sold raffle tickets for a buck or two. They split whatever money was leftover after the pans were paid for and used it towards conference. If you had extra things hanging around, you could make up a basket of things to raffle off.
Good luck!

Can you take your yard sale things to a better location... in town somewhere... just a thought... that's been successful for me.

gilliandanielle said:
eBay!! Just because we can't sell PC items on eBay doesn't mean that we can't sell other things, or try a local Craigslist!

What is a local Craigslist? :confused:

I always do Ebay and a yard sale!
My yard sale ad reads as if my husband was placing it:
Help me get my wife outta town for a few days! Send her to Pampered Chef National Conference in Chicago and get her outta my hair!
Then I make a highlighted list of things for sale! It always brings people to the house, and everyone loves the humor in it! I have never had a sale of less than $800 or more! We set up tarps in case of inclement weather, and the boys offer lemonaid or hot cocoa depending on the temperature that day!

I love the idea of a cluster garage sale as well! May have to give that a try!
Going to call my Senior director and see if it is something she would go for as well!

pchefkristin said:
I always do Ebay and a yard sale!
My yard sale ad reads as if my husband was placing it:
Help me get my wife outta town for a few days! Send her to Pampered Chef National Conference in Chicago and get her outta my hair!
Then I make a highlighted list of things for sale! It always brings people to the house, and everyone loves the humor in it! I have never had a sale of less than $800 or more! We set up tarps in case of inclement weather, and the boys offer lemonaid or hot cocoa depending on the temperature that day!

I love the idea of a cluster garage sale as well! May have to give that a try!
Going to call my Senior director and see if it is something she would go for as well!

That is really a great ad...it also gets you PC advertising - how creative! :)

The problem with setting aside PC money is about 90% of my shows are fundraisers for LLS and I give my commisions to the participants because our fundraiser programs is not that generous. So I am not making much money but I put a lot into it. My hubby allowed me to quit my FT job and work PT but now it seems like all I ever hear about is the budget (I hate budgets)
We are not broke but we are not putting enough in savings.
I go through up and down periods when I get so frustrated (host issues) I just want to barely stay active so I don't lose my raise. So I am up and down about going to conference and spending more money I think it would be great but not sure about the investment. Our community is having a garage sale but I have to find out when it is. Garage sales are SO much work

OOOHHHH!!! BIG BRAIN FART! Aside from selling your children, which is totally illegal, even though I'm sure there are time we ALL would like to... ;) :p, Look around your house for books you don't read anymore. List them on the Amazon Marketplace. It's free until you sell it and so easy. I have sold almost all my old College Textbooks here and in the last 2 months made close to $200!!

Just though I would share something that may be 1/2 way useful. :p

Thought I'd bump this up...any other ideas? I have a clustermate that really needs some dough to get there!

My cluster did our yard sale last month and we raised enough moeny to pay for hotel all but $57.00 for each of us... which is not that bad...... Do a raffel basket, host ur own cooking show!!

Anyone develop a flyer for a fundraiser for this? What a great idea! Thanks I will look for a flyer to post soon with all these creative minds on here! Michelle

What do you all think of this?

Attachments

• fundraiserfro trip.doc
    139 KB · Views: 382

1. What is the purpose of the "Creative Ideas for $$ 2 Go 2 Conference" event?

The purpose of the "Creative Ideas for $$ 2 Go 2 Conference" event is to provide attendees with new and innovative ways to make extra income through their Pampered Chef business. It is designed to help consultants boost their sales and grow their business.

2. Who can attend the "Creative Ideas for $$ 2 Go 2 Conference" event?

The "Creative Ideas for $$ 2 Go 2 Conference" event is open to all Pampered Chef consultants, regardless of their level or experience. It is also a great opportunity for those interested in joining the Pampered Chef team to learn more about the business and its earning potential.

3. What can I expect to learn at the "Creative Ideas for $$ 2 Go 2 Conference" event?

At the "Creative Ideas for $$ 2 Go 2 Conference" event, you can expect to learn creative and effective ways to increase your sales and income through your Pampered Chef business. You will also have the chance to network with other consultants and share ideas and strategies for success.

4. Is there a fee to attend the "Creative Ideas for $$ 2 Go 2 Conference" event?

Yes, there is a registration fee for the "Creative Ideas for $$ 2 Go 2 Conference" event. However, this fee includes access to all workshops, training sessions, and materials, as well as meals and networking opportunities. It is a worthwhile investment in your business and future success.

5. Can I bring a guest to the "Creative Ideas for $$ 2 Go 2 Conference" event?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a guest to the "Creative Ideas for $$ 2 Go 2 Conference" event. However, they will also need to register and pay the registration fee. This event is specifically designed for Pampered Chef consultants and their guests, so it is a great opportunity to introduce someone to the business and potentially grow your team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kreaser
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • sherri lynn
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
liljen19
  • cmdtrgd