• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Practices for Selling on Craigslist: What Should We Consider?

In summary, when using Craigslist for the first time to sell an item, it is best to give out your cell phone number and judge via phone if you want to give out your address. If the item is being stored outside, there is no need for the buyer to come inside. However, if the item is inside and you are uncomfortable with strangers in your home, schedule the pick-up for a time when you can both be home or have someone else there to help. It is recommended to do most of the communication through email and only give out your address once the buyer has shown interest. Cash is the preferred method of payment. It is also suggested to have someone else present when meeting with potential buyers.
babywings76
Gold Member
We are using Craigslist for the first time and just want to know how is it best to deal with people who contact you about your items? We have a dryer for sale and are getting multiple e-mails about it. Do we give people our phone number and address? Only have them come in daylight? Or night time since that's when DH is home? Only do business on driveway? Cash only?

Any advice?

I would give my cell phone number, then try to judge via phone if you want to give them your address. Eventually, you will have to give the address to someone, otherwise how would they pick-up the dryer?

As for allowing them in your house, I guess that depends on where the dryer is being stored until it's picked up. If you have a safe, covered place outside (ie storage shed or carport), then there's no reason they would need to come in your house. If it has to stay inside, though, and you're uneasy having strangers come in the house, schedule the pick-up for a time you can both be home, or when a neighbor or friend is available to come over and help (a dryer, after all, IS heavy, and would probably need more than a couple of people to get it out and loaded safely).

I have done a ton of business on craigslist, both buying and selling. I have had people come to my house and I have gone to other peoples house. If they are coming to mine, I either do it in the day time or when hubby is home. If I am going to them, I tell someone that I'm going.
I usually try to do most of the business by email, but I hate the phone. I don't give them my address until I am sure they are interested. I'll give out my cell number, that's my only number.
And always cash only.

My husband has sold some things on craigslist. First contacts were email, then phone, then set appointment to come to our house and look at it. They had to come inside to look at the items, but no big deal.
If it was me selling, I think I would want my husband here when they came.
Yes, cash only.

Hi there! Congratulations on using Craigslist for the first time. It can be a great way to sell your items quickly. When it comes to dealing with people who contact you, it's always best to err on the side of caution. Here are a few tips that I have found helpful:1. Only give out your phone number and address to serious buyers. If someone is just asking questions or seems unsure, it's best to keep your personal information private.2. It's always a good idea to meet in a public place, like a coffee shop or shopping center, during daylight hours. This will ensure your safety and make the buyer feel more comfortable as well.3. If you do decide to have them come to your home, make sure to have someone else there with you, especially if your DH is not home. Safety should always be a top priority.4. Doing business in your driveway is a great idea. It allows for easy access to the item and keeps your home and family safe.5. Cash is king when it comes to Craigslist transactions. It's the safest and easiest way to ensure you get paid for your item.I hope these tips help. Best of luck with your sale!

1. What is the purpose of the "Craigslist Help--Off Topic" section?

The "Craigslist Help--Off Topic" section is meant for users to ask for help or advice on topics that are not related to buying or selling on Craigslist. It is a place for community members to connect and offer support on a variety of topics.

2. Can I post anything I want in the "Craigslist Help--Off Topic" section?

No, the "Craigslist Help--Off Topic" section is still subject to Craigslist's terms of use. Any posts that violate these terms, such as spam or inappropriate content, will be removed by moderators.

3. How do I respond to a post in the "Craigslist Help--Off Topic" section?

To respond to a post, simply click on the post and type your response in the comment box. You can also choose to private message the user by clicking on their username and selecting "send a message".

4. Is the information shared in the "Craigslist Help--Off Topic" section confidential?

No, any information shared in the "Craigslist Help--Off Topic" section is not confidential. It is a public forum and can be viewed by anyone with internet access. It is always best to use caution when sharing personal information online.

5. Can I report inappropriate posts in the "Craigslist Help--Off Topic" section?

Yes, you can report any posts that violate Craigslist's terms of use by clicking on the "flag" button located next to the post. This will alert moderators to review the post and take appropriate action.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WLMcCoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
frozenchef
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies