1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Craigslist help--off topic

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

We are using Craigslist for the first time and just want to know how is it best to deal with people who contact you about your items? We have a dryer for sale and are getting multiple e-mails about it. Do we give people our phone number and address? Only have them come in daylight? Or night time since that's when DH is home? Only do business on driveway? Cash only?

Any advice?

Oct 20, 2009
  2. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

I would give my cell phone number, then try to judge via phone if you want to give them your address. Eventually, you will have to give the address to someone, otherwise how would they pick-up the dryer?

As for allowing them in your house, I guess that depends on where the dryer is being stored until it's picked up. If you have a safe, covered place outside (ie storage shed or carport), then there's no reason they would need to come in your house. If it has to stay inside, though, and you're uneasy having strangers come in the house, schedule the pick-up for a time you can both be home, or when a neighbor or friend is available to come over and help (a dryer, after all, IS heavy, and would probably need more than a couple of people to get it out and loaded safely).

Oct 20, 2009
  3. Monty060609

Monty060609 Member

I have done a ton of business on craigslist, both buying and selling. I have had people come to my house and I have gone to other peoples house. If they are coming to mine, I either do it in the day time or when hubby is home. If I am going to them, I tell someone that I'm going.
    I usually try to do most of the business by email, but I hate the phone. I don't give them my address until I am sure they are interested. I'll give out my cell number, that's my only number.
    And always cash only.

Oct 20, 2009
  4. ShellBeach

ShellBeach Veteran Member

My husband has sold some things on craigslist. First contacts were email, then phone, then set appointment to come to our house and look at it. They had to come inside to look at the items, but no big deal.
    If it was me selling, I think I would want my husband here when they came.
    Yes, cash only.

Oct 20, 2009
Have something to add?