• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crafting an Attention-Grabbing Subject Line for Your Email Newsletter

M
maassl
I'm going to be sending out my first email newsletter soon and I was wondering what to put in the subject line. I want it to grab their attention and make them want to read it, not delete it... any suggestions?

My director sometimes puts: Pampered Chef Recipe of the Month. Just make sure you have a recipe somewhere in your newsletter.

Sometimes I just put the day of the week. It usually gets opened.

I always put something like "clearance sale update" (if you have the website) or discontinuing products this month or new product sneak peak.Something that they can only get through you and will get them excited.

You do need to put more than "sale," "clearance sale" or such advertising messages. Many email systems use those keywords to filter spam.

chefann said:
You do need to put more than "sale," "clearance sale" or such advertising messages. Many email systems use those keywords to filter spam.

This is one of my concerns - I don't want my emails to go directly to their spam box which they may never see. Has this been a problem for anyone?

My newsletter name is "Katie's Kitchen"...so my subject line usually says, "Katie's Kitchen - February 2009" and the month changes.

Mine say "Rae's Pampered Chef Newsletter for [Month]."

Related to Crafting an Attention-Grabbing Subject Line for Your Email Newsletter

1. What makes a subject line attention-grabbing?

A subject line that is attention-grabbing is one that piques the recipient's interest and entices them to open the email. This can be achieved through the use of intriguing words, personalization, and highlighting the value or benefit of the email content.

2. How can I personalize my subject line?

You can personalize your subject line by using the recipient's name or referencing their previous interactions with your brand. This makes the email feel more tailored and relevant to the individual, increasing the chances of them opening it.

3. Are there any words or phrases to avoid in a subject line?

Yes, there are certain words and phrases that can trigger spam filters and decrease the deliverability of your email. These include words like "free," "urgent," and excessive use of punctuation. It's important to keep your subject line concise and avoid using all caps.

4. Should I include emojis in my subject line?

Using emojis in your subject line can add a fun and eye-catching element, but it's important to use them sparingly and only if they are relevant to your content. Overuse of emojis can make your email appear unprofessional and may not be appropriate for all audiences.

5. How can I test the effectiveness of my subject line?

One way to test the effectiveness of your subject line is through A/B testing. This involves sending two versions of the email with different subject lines to a small sample of your audience and analyzing which one receives a higher open rate. You can also track the success of your subject line by monitoring your email analytics and adjusting your approach accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • kcjodih
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies