• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Could It Be a ?? New Product ??

In summary, the Dutch oven is a pot with two handles that is typically made of cast iron. It is a bit of a dated term, and the pot with a lid that is put in the oven is sometimes called a Dutch oven, but they are not really the same thing. The PC pot is called a Saute Pan, and the PC pot with a lid is called a Dutch oven, but they are not really the same thing.
scottcooks
Gold Member
So I was looking on Pampered Partner for the Non-Commission orders - Replacement Parts, trying to find the Food Chopper clear collar for a terrific host. I found...

6-qt Dutch Oven & Skillet lid

... so is there a Dutch Oven in our cookware future? Or is that just what they call the current pot with 2 handles? God Bless! It's fun to imagine...

-praying for Paige and her family-

Sounds like a new product to me since we don't have a 6 quart stockpot in the executive cookware line.

Could it be the old Generations Dutch Oven? Hope not...looking forward to something new :)

I would love to have this! I made Chicken Tortilla Soup for my Open House on Sunday, and it went over really well...but I had to keep explaining that I was just using my regular pot, not a PC one. :) I need to invest in some cookware, and that would probably be the first thing I'd look at getting! Thanks for the info...

I thought that the 6qt pot from one of the Professional Sets was called a Dutch Oven.

chefann said:
I thought that the 6qt pot from one of the Professional Sets was called a Dutch Oven.

Normally it is... it's a bit of a dated term though... it's like calling a Saute Pan a Frying Pan... no one really uses those terms anymore.

Just looked at the RP Form and it is for the G2... it says right above the items.

finley1991 said:
Normally it is... it's a bit of a dated term though... it's like calling a Saute Pan a Frying Pan... no one really uses those terms anymore.
Hey! I'm only 24 and say FRYING PAN!! :D I think it depends on where you live!!

Yes, it does. Both terms are still used here.

Im 23 and say frying pan :)

So a dutch oven is really just a 6 qt pot? Wow, the things you learn! :)

I say frying pan too! ;)

ChefJoyJ said:
So a dutch oven is really just a 6 qt pot? Wow, the things you learn! :)

Technically no...I had this discussion about 2 months ago with a person at work because she wanted a true dutch oven.

They were traditionally made of cast iron, usually with handles on the side.

Although pans with lids that are put in the oven are sometimes called dutch ovens they aren't really.

...and I know the size isn't always 6 qts.

Thanks! I always wanted to know what a dutch oven was! :)

finley1991 said:
They are all frying pans as far as I'm concerned :D

They probably call the PC one a Dutch Oven, because it can go from the stovetop to the oven.

I remember my mom's Dutch Oven - she used to do a roast in it almost every Sunday. It was a big old Club Aluminum Dutch Oven.

My mom had one of the enamel ones...

janetupnorth said:
My mom had one of the enamel ones...

I can't believe how expensive these are now. My mom used to have about four of the enamel ones and got rid of them:mad:

pamperedlinda said:
They are all frying pans as far as I'm concerned :D

me too. At a show one time I called it a saute pan and everyone wanted to know if you could still fry in it:eek:

i LOVE my le creuset dutch ovens!! i wish pc came out with something like it so i could sell it. it's the 2nd item i use most in my kitchen - first is stoneware!! ;)

1. What is the new product being released by Pampered Chef?

The new product being released by Pampered Chef is a versatile kitchen tool that will make meal prep easier and more efficient.

2. When will the new product be available for purchase?

The new product will be available for purchase starting next month. You can pre-order it now on our website.

3. What are the main features of the new product?

The new product boasts multiple features, including a non-stick surface, adjustable settings, and a compact design for easy storage.

4. Can you provide some recipe ideas using the new product?

Absolutely! We have a variety of recipes on our website that showcase the versatility and functionality of our new product. From breakfast to dinner, the possibilities are endless.

5. Is the new product covered by a warranty?

Yes, the new product is covered by our standard warranty. If you encounter any issues with the product, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • NooraK
  • Products and Tips
2 3 4 5