• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Peeling Calphalon Cookware Still Safe to Use? Ask the Experts!

In summary, the best type of cookware for everyday use is dependent on personal preference and cooking habits. Non-stick cookware is a popular choice for its ease of use and cleaning. There is a difference between stainless steel and non-stick cookware, with stainless steel being more durable and ideal for high heat cooking while non-stick is better for delicate foods. It is not recommended to use metal utensils on non-stick cookware as they can cause damage. The best way to clean cookware depends on the material, with hand washing being recommended for non-stick cookware and soaking and using non-abrasive cleaner for stainless steel. While it is generally safe to put stainless steel and non-stick cookware in the dishwasher
byrd1956
Gold Member
I have a friend that thinks since we sell cookware I'll know the answer to her question....I don't & I've done a search on the Internet.....anyone have an answer to this?
She has calphalon that is peeling, is it still good?

say no and sell her ours! lol ;) to be honest, I'm not 100% sure.

Honestly, it could be baked on food and needs a thorough cleaning., sometimes that can flake off and because its really dark, look like coating. With that said, if it is the actual non-stick coating, the peeling is NOT good--toxic. Also, the non-stick sprays can also damage the cookware coating.

I wouldn't use it anymore. She should try to return it, it may be covered under warranty still

thank you!

Hi there! I understand your friend's confusion and I'm happy to help. While I am not familiar with Calphalon specifically, as a Pampered Chef consultant, I can tell you that any cookware that is peeling is definitely not good to use. It could potentially be a health hazard and it's always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to food safety. I would recommend that your friend discontinue using the peeling cookware and invest in a new set. If they are looking for high-quality, durable cookware, I would be happy to introduce them to some options from Pampered Chef. Thanks for reaching out!

What is the best type of cookware for everyday use?

The best type of cookware for everyday use depends on personal preference and cooking habits. However, non-stick cookware is a popular choice for its ease of use and cleaning.

What is the difference between stainless steel and non-stick cookware?

Stainless steel cookware is durable and can withstand high heat, making it great for searing and browning. Non-stick cookware has a coating that prevents food from sticking, making it easier to clean and ideal for cooking delicate foods.

Can I use metal utensils on non-stick cookware?

No, metal utensils can scratch and damage the non-stick coating on cookware. It is best to use wooden, silicone, or plastic utensils when cooking with non-stick cookware.

What is the best way to clean cookware?

The best way to clean cookware depends on the material. For non-stick cookware, hand washing with warm soapy water is recommended. For stainless steel cookware, soaking in hot soapy water and using a non-abrasive cleaner can help remove tough stains.

Is it safe to put cookware in the dishwasher?

It is generally safe to put stainless steel and non-stick cookware in the dishwasher, but it is best to check the manufacturer's instructions. Some cookware may be susceptible to damage in the dishwasher, so hand washing is recommended for those types of cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lauradorable
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lauradorable
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • Bren706
  • Products and Tips
Replies