• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Notes from 'Selling the Dream: Recruiting

In summary, the main points of this summary are:1. Before you can start recruiting, you need to set goals and define them.2. Aim for 100 people on your lead list at all times.3. The three essential keys to recruiting are informing others, inviting them to explore, and offering them incentives.4. There are a lot of rewards that come with being a successful recruiter, including self-esteem and financial stability.
DanielleQ
I just finished typing up notes from "Selling the Dream: Recruiting" and I was wondering if it's ok to post them here.

Not sure if that's been OK'd or not....but I sure would like them! I took that class, and I didn't get a whole lot from the two speakers that I had. Hopefully you had different speakers and I can glean some extra knowledge from you!

TIA

DanielleQ said:
I just finished typing up notes from "Selling the Dream: Recruiting" and I was wondering if it's ok to post them here.
Who taught that session? Someone already posted my notes, somewhere. Suzie Lite taught my session. There isn't any new surprises or news, so I don't think it's wrong to share notes.

I just saw yours! Susie Lite was my instructor too. Should I bother posting mine?

Sure, post them, or just what I missed. Or explain some of the things I didn't explain well.

Here you go...

Pampered Chef®
National Conference 2007
Wave 1

Sell the Dream: Recruiting

Before you do anything, you need to set goals and clearly define them. Start with:

1. What is my personal recruiting goal each month?
2. How many interviews do I want per month?
3. How many signed agreements do I want per month?

Aim for 100 people on your lead list at all times. Leads are just people who have expressed some sort of interest in the PC opportunity.

Selling the dream means helping someone else realize their dreams.

Recruiting is something you do for someone, not to them.

Think of some of the rewards you expected when you started your business:

Flexibility Money
Products Opportunity for Incentives

Now think of some of the rewards you’ve received from your business that you never expected:

Self-esteem Amazing Money
Training Support from Upline and Cluster
Self-Esteem Friendships
Recognition

THOSE are the rewards that keep you going each day. Why wouldn’t they keep others going as well? Every reward is something to be proud of!

When people say,”No,” it’s not “No” to you, it’s “No” to the opportunity. And that “No” usually means, “Not now.”

The 3 Essential Keys of Recruiting

1. INFORM others that the opportunity is available. Some guests at your shows have no idea that they it is even possible to do what you do! Inform them of the advantages of owning their own business. Remember that this business isn’t for everybody, but it is for anybody who is willing to work at it.

The most important part of your recruiting talk is your story! You want people to see that you wanted to be a part of this company. Inform them of the obstacles you’ve faced and how you’ve overcome them. Inform them that there are always obstacles, but there can always be overcome. Ask other successful recruiters how they work their story into their shows.

2. INVITE them to explore the possibilities, no to sign their first-born child away! Invite everyone individually, in person if possible (i.e. at check-out or during a one-on-one conversation at the show).
At the show, use the 4-Pile System (I like to call it full-service checkout.)

• Offer your guests a FREE recipe card from Pile #1. Ask them if they enjoyed the recipe (will they really tell you they didn’t?). When they say, “Yes,” let them know that the recipe card is just a little gift from you. If they say they don’t want one, let them know that they may not need the recipe, but you’re sure they have someone in their life that could use it. And give it to them. PERIOD!

• As you NOD your head, ask them if they’d like a little information on the opportunity and how they be part of your team. If they say, “Yes” or even, “Well….,” hand them the “Your Life, Your Way” brochure from Pile #2. If they say, “No,” that’s ok! Thank them for their honesty and move on!

Note on the head-nod thing: When you nod at someone as you ask a question, their natural instinct is to nod back! When you shake your head, you instill doubt, thereby causing them to doubt. Try it the next time you ask someone a question! Practice on your spouse or kids.

• At Pile #3, offer them the opportunity to host a Cooking Show. Just because someone isn’t interested in the business opportunity doesn’t mean that they can’t be a host! Don’t forget that! You have to book enough shows to be in front of enough people to generate enough leads to sign enough recruits! At Pile #3, have your Host Packets. If they decide to book a show, make sure you give them the packet and go through it with them.

• Pile #4 can be a variety of things. You can offer information on the Wedding Registry, our Fundraising program, or the opportunity to be on your Preferred Customer list, etc… It is always best to start with a, “Yes” (the recipe card) and then start at the top of the mountain (the business opportunity) and work your way down.

Pay each guest personal attention at check-out. That way, they know you were listening to them during the show. Ask, “Did you hear anything tonight that inspired you?” or “Were you one of the people who…?”

The most pivotal moment at a show is at the end when you are building your future business. You’re not trying to “close the deal” at the show (although some may be ready—and that’s ok too!), you’re just “opening the door.”

3. INTERVIEW in person. This shows support for the potential recruit. Go into the interview both with expectations and without expectations. Go in with the expectation that they will say, “Yes” to the opportunity. At the same time, go in without expectations, meaning: remember that if they pass on the opportunity, it has nothing to do with how much they like you!
Get to know the people you are interviewing. Speak their language! If they like something, ask them about it. Ask your questions, then be quiet and wait for the answer! There may be a little silence, but that’s ok. The need time to process the question. Don’t answer for them and don’t interrupt!!!

You’ve heard of the Golden Rule, right? You know, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” But we need to live by the Platinum Rule. “Do unto others as they would have you do unto them!”

Thanks Danielle. I did not have Suzy Lite. I will have to look them over and see if I can add anything from the other instructors.

Wow, you must have great memory or major speed writing abilities! Everything you wrote is almost exactly what Suzie said. And you wrote it so beautifully. In full sentences and everything. I may just copy and paste right over my rough notes. Thanks.

I will have notes from Recruited from Maybe to Yes in our session in a bit. I helped out with the session (writing on the board, etc.) so in exchange the presenters are e-mailing me their notes.

Oh, sweeeet, Janet! Thank you!!!

Hey Danielle - I was in that class with you and didn't even realize it!

Did you do the HO tour that morning by chance?

Thanks for those notes! I will hopefully get a chance to type mine up this week and post them. I only took notes in 2 1/2 of my workshops as I was a little dissapointed by the other 1 and half of one.

MomToEli said:
Hey Danielle - I was in that class with you and didn't even realize it!

Did you do the HO tour that morning by chance?

I did not. I actually took the tour on Day 3 after Conference ended. I'm bummed that we didn't get to see each other!

I will share my notes in three days... sorry i dont' want to ruin things for wave 3 cheffers!!!!!

More conference notesHere are my notes from Build Your Business with Customer Care and High-Impact Host Coaching.

Attachments

• Build Your Business with Customer Care.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 487
  • High Impact Host Coaching.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 643
Thanks Janet. I had wanted to attend the maybe to a yes. I need lots and lots of recruiting help.

Danielle, Hi I don't see the notes you are posting (Customer Care). Is there a link or a PM I could look for?

Thanks Danielle. You are so nice and efficient as well.

You're very sweet. But I have benefited so much from what everyone on here has offered, it's the least I can do. Here's my last workshop.

Attachments

• Bookings Galore.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 578
Danielle
Thanks so much for posting your notes!

No problemo!

Michelle Anderson did my Bookings Galore workshop and she posted her notes on her PWS - /pcgadgetgirl?page=calendar-detail&eventId=348396

Excellent information!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
luvs2cook said:
Michelle Anderson did my Bookings Galore workshop and she posted her notes on her PWS - /pcgadgetgirl?page=calendar-detail&eventId=348396

Excellent information!!!
That was the one I was in! I hadn't had a chance yet to go get the info, though. :)

I was in Michelle's class last year and she really didn't overlap her information that much. This was my best workshop and it was on the last day!!!

I printed it out and now I need to highlight or put the 3 most important things I want to implement.

I did a show on Saturday night...only 3 people showed up and all 3 booked. Plus, I might have an all-male cooking show! It will be my first. So, 4 bookings!

Hey thanks for that info!!

luvs2cook said:

Excellent information!!!

I was in that one, too! Sorry we didn't hook up!

No problem regarding posting the notes. It was easy to give you the URL for Michelle's website.

Sorry that we didn't meet, Sandy. I didn't have a chefsuccess pin on.

I was sitting right next to Sandy in that workshop. :)

chefann said:
I was sitting right next to Sandy in that workshop. :)

Yes, you were! I don't think I had my button on either. I think by then it was attached to my bag. I clanked when I walked with all the buttons and the charms I was carrying :D

luvs2cook said:

Excellent information!!!
I tried to go here but it didn't work! Anyone give me a link or something?? I want to book 100% of my guests too!!

KellyTheChef said:
I tried to go here but it didn't work! Anyone give me a link or something?? I want to book 100% of my guests too!!

Kelly, Try typing in her website & click on her calendar. Her notes are posted there. HTH.

I think it may not be working because she is trying to put in all of it, and all she should put in is the /pcgadgetgirl after the .biz and not the rest of it.

1. Can I post my notes from "Selling the Dream: Recruiting" on this forum?

Yes, it is perfectly fine to post your notes from "Selling the Dream: Recruiting" on this forum. In fact, sharing your notes can be helpful for others who may have missed certain points during the presentation or for those who were unable to attend.

2. Are there any specific guidelines for posting notes on this forum?

While there are no specific guidelines, it is always a good idea to make sure your notes are clear, organized, and accurate. You may also want to consider adding any relevant visuals or examples to enhance your notes. Additionally, be sure to give proper credit to the presenter and source of the information.

3. Can I add my own thoughts or opinions to the notes?

Yes, you can certainly add your own thoughts or opinions to the notes. However, it is important to clearly distinguish between the presenter's information and your own thoughts. You may want to use a different font or color to make the distinction clear.

4. Is there a specific format for the notes?

There is no specific format for the notes, but it is important to make them easy to read and understand. You may want to use bullet points, numbered lists, or headings to organize the information. Including relevant visuals can also make the notes more visually appealing and engaging.

5. Can I use these notes for my own personal use?

Yes, you can use these notes for your own personal use. However, if you plan on sharing them with others or using them for any commercial purposes, it is important to get permission from the presenter and give proper credit. It is also a good practice to check for any copyright restrictions before sharing or using the notes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jolie_Paradoxe
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
cookie325
  • GourmetGirl
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • smithcooking