• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Computer Troubleshooting: Strange Dots and Slow Performance - Any Solutions?

In summary, the person's computer was acting strange and they think it may be related to the installation of a new HP printer the day before. They think it might also be related to running many programs at once.
pampchefrhondab
Hi all,

I've been having some computer trouble lately and wanted to know if anyone has had this happen before.

When I'm in a program - first started in Excel - the computer just starts having dots like .... then types a word or words. The words don't go together to make any sense.

First thing I did was lock down my firewall and run virus scans - nothing showed up. I checked the log for inbound traffic and there wasn't any. I rebooted the computer and didn't have the problem until today it started again. The difference is I used Skype and Mail Trust (to check your email from remote location). I did notice someone tried to PM me on Mail Trust; however, I did not respond and just closed the window. I tried to find a way to block, but that was not an option.

My computer also seems much slower then before. I've looked at "processes" to see what's running and there is a lot, but I didn't see anything that wasn't suppose to be there.

I also installed a new HP printer the day before this started, but the computer slow down started prior to that installation.

Any ideas?

P.S. Please don't say I can take it in to a repair shop - I know that. Just wanted to know if anyone else has ever had this before:)!

Last edited:
Have you updated your virus checker? And then run it again? There's wierd stuff going around, my dh had all kinds of wierd things on his laptop last night.

Hi Nancy,

Yes, it's updated. I'm running a full scan again using McAfee and Windows Defender. We will see what happens.

I did get a notice from McAfee last night it deleted two viruses that were trying to attack. I got them after going to a web site. I don't open email on my computer - I've been using my Blackberry.

Thanks though.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to really be of help, but my suggestion would be to do a full defrag. Also, my IT guy at work told me recently if you're running more than 70 or so programs at a time, you need to do some clean-up (personally, I wouldn't know what to remove - he removed alot of things I would have thought necessary for operation).

If you can wait until tomorrow, I can ask my D's hubby, who is a) a professional geek, and b) loves to be helpful.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about the computer troubles you've been experiencing. It sounds like you've already taken some important steps in trying to troubleshoot the issue. Have you tried running a disk cleanup and defragmentation on your computer? Sometimes, a cluttered and fragmented hard drive can slow down your computer's performance. Also, make sure you have the latest updates and drivers for your new printer installed. It's possible that it could be causing conflicts with other programs.

If the issue persists, I would recommend reaching out to a professional computer technician for further assistance. They will be able to diagnose the problem and provide a solution. In the meantime, try to avoid opening any suspicious emails or clicking on any unfamiliar links to protect your computer from potential viruses or malware.

I hope this helps. Best of luck in resolving the issue!

1. What is "Computer Help Anyone?"

"Computer Help Anyone?" is a comprehensive program offered by Pampered Chef that provides personalized assistance and guidance for any type of computer issue or question.

2. Who can use "Computer Help Anyone?"

Anyone can use "Computer Help Anyone?" - whether you're a beginner or an experienced computer user, our team of experts is here to assist you with any of your computer needs.

3. How does "Computer Help Anyone?" work?

After signing up for "Computer Help Anyone?", you will be assigned a personal computer expert who will be available to assist you through phone, email, or remote connection. You can schedule appointments for specific issues or questions or reach out for immediate help.

4. What types of computer issues can "Computer Help Anyone?" help with?

"Computer Help Anyone?" can assist with a wide range of computer issues, including software installation, troubleshooting, virus removal, data backup and recovery, and basic computer maintenance.

5. How much does "Computer Help Anyone?" cost?

The cost for "Computer Help Anyone?" varies depending on the level of support you need. You can choose from individual appointments or a monthly subscription for ongoing assistance. Contact us for more information on pricing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefann
  • hollye44
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • crystalscookingnow