• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Co-Ed Wedding Shower: Tips for a Fun and Successful Celebration

In summary, my first bridal shower also happens to be my first co-ed show as well. What in the world do you do at a co-ed shower. I have never been to co-ed shower of any kind!
lovecookn
Gold Member
My first Bridal shower also happens to be my first co-ed show as well. What in the world do you do at a co-ed shower. I have never been to co-ed shower of any kind!

So what advice can you offer for making a co-ed shower really fun and successful???:confused:

Thanks for your insights!

My Director, just did one and she had 2 gift bags neatly displayed with some tissue paper on top so no one could look in, on the inside of the bag were 2 rolls of toilet tissue. One was for the men and one was for the women. The women and the men were placed into 2 teams, you could do this for the guys w/ the bride and the women w/ the groom, or you could do battle of the sexes. Each team went into a room and had 15-20 minutes to create wedding attire for the bride and the groom. The team who one got a small prize.

She said it was a lot of fun, and the guys got really creative!

FYI- The Bride (or I guess Bride and Groom) are normally the judge for the winner

When I did a Bridal Shower, I didn't want it to seem that I was there to "hock" product, but wanted to focus more on the event/bride. I got the Apron off the supply order and after eveyone signed it, I had the bride put it on and come help me "prepare" our recipe. For the co-ed thing, you could either make them come up together and put a recipe together with you guiding along. Or, if you want make it really fun, you could have some time of "challenges", like having the groom squeeze a lemon with his hand and the bride use the citrus press, and see who has more juice (should be the bride w/ the press!). Or challenges using the knives, etc.
One thing I'd recommend though is not going on and on and on about the products, but focus on the couple and focus on products used in a demo or a 'challenge'.
Also, if you can make a registry board that guests can easily pick gifts from, will be a good idea.
I wish you the best, bridal showers are so much fun!!!

One really fun game I like to play is "Test Your Observations."

I have the bride carry around a platter of products, passing slowly by every guest. I entertain questions about anything on the platter. Once everyone has had a chance to see the platter, I have the bride (& groom, if he's there) leave the room. I have the guests number their blank sheet of paper 1 to 10. Then, I start asking questions:

1. Is the bride wearing a skirt or slacks?

2. Is she wearing a ring?

3. What color is her shirt?

You get the idea. In the case of a co-ed shower you would ask questions about both. My last question is always, "Does the bride look happy?" This way they're guaranteed one correct answer.

Be prepared for lots of groans when you start asking questions. I never, ever, tell people to remember what's on the platter. I usually say, "Susie's going to come around to each of you. We're going to test your powers of observation."

One really evil thing I do to get those people with great memorization skills is to make sure I have only 8 products on the platter. I know. I'm really evil.

How exciting!!! Bridal showers are my favorite!!! I have done a "couples" bridal shower before and it was a blast. This is what I did:

I had 8 to 10 products (sometimes higher priced items, but ones in which look complicated. :) for example the salad berry spinner, mix n chop, etc. I would have all of those products on the table when the guests would arrive. Attached to the product was an envelope numbered 1 - 10 (or however many you have). Inside the envelope, I have a question for the men. The men are to tell us what they think the product is they picked out and also I would read them the question in the envelope to answer about their spouse/significant other. for example:

"Which tool does your spouse need to be more like?
~ Easy opener (Always shy) ~ Boil Control (Hot Tempered) ~ Clock Timer (Always Late)

This gets the group laughing and having a blast. and the other game I play at every bridal show is "Ask Dr. Phil/Ruth" - giving the bride advice - They ALL love this one!!

Hope this helps anyone out. If you need more info, just let me know. Thanks! Good luck!! HAve fun too!!!!

Oh thanks for the ideas!!! Love the bride/groom challenge!
Can anyone suggest more challenges? I think maybe 5 would be good! Love battle of the sexes!Tell me more about the "which product does your spouse need to more like?" Not sure I am grasping the whole concept?!And keep'em coming....they're GREAT!

Bumping!;)

1. What exactly is a "Co-Ed Wedding Shower"?

A "Co-Ed Wedding Shower" is a type of bridal shower where both the bride and groom are celebrated together. It is a more modern and inclusive take on the traditional bridal shower, which is typically only for the bride. It allows for both the bride and groom's friends and family to come together and celebrate their upcoming marriage.

2. Who typically hosts a Co-Ed Wedding Shower?

Anyone can host a Co-Ed Wedding Shower! It can be hosted by the bride and groom's friends, family, or even by the couple themselves. It is a great opportunity for both sides of the family to come together and celebrate the happy couple.

3. What kind of gifts are appropriate for a Co-Ed Wedding Shower?

Gifts for a Co-Ed Wedding Shower should be focused on items that the couple will use together, such as kitchen appliances, home decor, or experiences they can enjoy as a couple. It is also common for guests to give gifts that reflect the couple's shared interests or hobbies.

4. Should the Co-Ed Wedding Shower have a specific theme?

A theme is not necessary for a Co-Ed Wedding Shower, but it can add a fun and personalized touch to the event. The theme can be based on the couple's interests or a general wedding theme. Just make sure to communicate the theme to guests so they can plan accordingly.

5. How can I make a Co-Ed Wedding Shower fun and inclusive for everyone?

To ensure that everyone feels included and has a good time at the Co-Ed Wedding Shower, try to plan activities and games that involve both men and women. This could include trivia games about the couple, a photo booth, or a group cooking competition. You can also have a mix of traditional bridal shower games and more gender-neutral activities to cater to all guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AZPampered Chef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
niccibyrd
  • Deeder
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • lesliec