• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Direct Sales Success: Overcoming Cluster Meeting Challenges

just be sure to let her know what you are doing. You don't need to go behind her back, just let her know.
chee65
Hi everyone! How do I put this so it doesn't sound arrogant or anything? Well here goes, WARNING: This might get lengthly. I know that you guys will have some advise and answers, specially you directors.

I'm a future director with 4 recruits, 3 that are qualified and 1 that is halfway there and 2 that will be ready to sign soon. I work very hard with my downline and spend several days out of my week to train them. I get along with them all and truly enjoy the business. My problem is that the directors, including mine that are at the meeting are very busy people. They do not have much time to plan the meetings well. I have been included in the leadership meetings to plan it. My frustration is that it is mostly my downline that comes to the meetings. These directors usually have a very negative way about them and sometimes in the meetings they pooh, pooh what I have to say. I'm trying to keep my downline excited. We used to meet with other future directors but now they are looking to go somewhere else, because of the attitude these other directors have. My advance director has advised me to try to take over the meetings, since it is mostly my downline anyway. And my Director does not give any incentives to the achievers. Or she will put out an incentive and fail to follow through. She told me that I am responsible for the incentives for my downline. My advance director told me that that is not true that she is supposed to do this. But since she's not someone has to do it. I take my business very seriously and have actually built a relationship with each of them. They are starting to notice the negativity. Since I pay for all of the incentives and provide the meeting place, would it be wrong for me to somehow take over the meetings that they just don't have time to plan well, or does that seem arrogant. I was planning on possibly having other future directors (that are looking for another group) that are not under these directors to meet with us. Please, I need lots of advise. I sure hope I make sense.

Take control of your meetings by all means. If you are getting no support from these directors then hold your own meetings and invite the people you feel will be helped and helpful. Don't let them bring your team down. It sounds like you're doing a great job with your team.

I totally think that you should start having the meetings yourself. I would tell them that you are wanting to try and hold meetings yourself to do proper training for your downline. Tell them its not personal, but these people need one on one training, not in a big setting. Please keep us posted because I'm kind of in the same situation!

Thanks for your quick replys. I think I'm going to JUST DO IT. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again.

Charlie

Yes, take over the meetings!!!

My Director is pretty with it now, but for awhile wasn't because of some family problems. I had my two newest recruits to my house one day for about 3 hours of training because they couldn't get with my Director. Only thing though, my Director wasn't at all offended because she had a lot going on. Yours might be. Just be prepared to handle that.

If your director is offended so be it. Sounds like you have support from your AD. JUst remember they are YOUR team. It is up to you to make sure they are getting the training and motivation they need to succeed. If they are not getting it from your director and you have the desire and drive to do it yourself then go for it! I also think getting with other FD's is agreat idea!

"Take over the meetings"? Does that mean you intend to continue to go to their meetings but take a bigger role?

I would not do that!

Separate from the group and do your own meetings. You are close enough to director and have enough people to do your own meetings. (My director moved when I was FD and I did it with less people than you have) It shows your team that you are the leader and you will be able to do things as you feel is right.

Your Advanced Director sounds like she is very supportive of you and I would bet she would help you with any meeting planning materials you might need before you promote.

Good luck and congratulations!! You are doing awesome!

I don't have any experience in training with PC, but in my former career life I did.....take over NOW to save yourself the headache later. It takes a dedicated self-starter to make it, and it sounds like you know what you're doing---not only what's best for you BUT your team. You will keep their respect when they see how much you value them.
Negativity breeds negative people---last the last thing a person in sales needs...Good for you for wanting to take control of your own destiny, isn't that what the PC opportunity is all about! If your director gets offended, tell her to put on her big girl panties and deal with it.

BethCooks4U said:
"Take over the meetings"? Does that mean you intend to continue to go to their meetings but take a bigger role?

I would not do that!

Separate from the group and do your own meetings. You are close enough to director and have enough people to do your own meetings. (My director moved when I was FD and I did it with less people than you have) It shows your team that you are the leader and you will be able to do things as you feel is right.

Your Advanced Director sounds like she is very supportive of you and I would bet she would help you with any meeting planning materials you might need before you promote.

Good luck and congratulations!! You are doing awesome!

The problem is that I am the one that provides the place for our current meetings. They will not be able to get in if I'm not there. I think that I will try to, as politely as possible, take the leadership role since it is mostly my downline anyway, then ask the other FD's to join me.

chee65 said:
The problem is that I am the one that provides the place for our current meetings. They will not be able to get in if I'm not there. I think that I will try to, as politely as possible, take the leadership role since it is mostly my downline anyway, then ask the other FD's to join me.

OR very nicely tell them you cant get the place anymore....;)

I agree that you should do your "own" meetings. After all you want your team to grow and want them to be happy and not listen to the "negative" to turn them off. I am happy your AD at least is good to you!

Thanks for all the advise. This is what I've decided to do. I'm going to inform my director that I am ready to take leadership of my team and that I will be holding a separate meeting. This way they can concentrate on the things that they need to outside of PC. I will let them know that my intention is not to offend them but to be helpful. And I hope they take it the way it was intended. I thought I would meet at my house for the first couple of meetings then move it back to the other location. I will also contact the other FD's that are looking for another group and see if they want to join mine and together we can bring some real excitement and knowledge to our teams.

I'm going to use the ribbon incentives, as outlined on this forum and really try to keep everyone excited.

To my team and others I will simply mention that we all did such a great job with our sales in February that I think we are ready to do our own meetings.

Now that I've totally made the decision I am actually at peace with it. I'm going to concentrate on what my first meeting will cover. I think I'm going to cover bookings and recruiting, the way Tracy from Home Office spoke on at our Regional Meeting in Phoenix and them about 1/2 hour on PP Plus. I'm going to have to keep practicing with it because so far I really don't like PP Plus, it's slow but I know I have to learn it well to show my team. I use my laptop and well as my husbands so everyone can get hands on with it.

chee65 said:
Thanks for all the advise. This is what I've decided to do. I'm going to inform my director that I am ready to take leadership of my team and that I will be holding a separate meeting. This way they can concentrate on the things that they need to outside of PC. I will let them know that my intention is not to offend them but to be helpful. And I hope they take it the way it was intended. I thought I would meet at my house for the first couple of meetings then move it back to the other location. I will also contact the other FD's that are looking for another group and see if they want to join mine and together we can bring some real excitement and knowledge to our teams.

I'm going to use the ribbon incentives, as outlined on this forum and really try to keep everyone excited.

To my team and others I will simply mention that we all did such a great job with our sales in February that I think we are ready to do our own meetings.

Now that I've totally made the decision I am actually at peace with it. I'm going to concentrate on what my first meeting will cover. I think I'm going to cover bookings and recruiting, the way Tracy from Home Office spoke on at our Regional Meeting in Phoenix and them about 1/2 hour on PP Plus. I'm going to have to keep practicing with it because so far I really don't like PP Plus, it's slow but I know I have to learn it well to show my team. I use my laptop and well as my husbands so everyone can get hands on with it.

Re: P3 - Practice! I have only known P3 and I find it simple and easy and fast so I think it is a matter of you being used to the old program that's slowing you down. Good luck on your meetings!

I have to agree with everyone else. Take over, they are your recruits and from the sound of it the other directors are going to scare them away.

It's your business, run it your way. Thats what I love about PC, its mine not my uplines. JMO

I am sorry that your director is not helping you. Even though these are your recruits, she is still their director...until you promote. She should be helping them and giving them incentives just like she would her own recruits. She is benefiting from them. I just don't understand people. Sounds like you have it under control now. I now have 2 recruits and wouldn't have the faintest idea how to run a meeting with them. My first recruit doesn't have time to come to meetings. My new recruit seems excited about attending. My hospitality director is awesome. She treats me and my recruits just like her own cluster. I have always been included in incentives, drawings, etc. even though she gets nothing from my sales. You go for it.

chee65 said:

That sounds like a great plan. You will succeed with it I am sure! And believe me (comes from experience) once you are doing those meetings you WILL be a Director SOON!!

Congratulations!

I will keep everyone updated on how our first meeting goes.

Thanks again,
Charlie

1. How can I make my cluster meetings more engaging?

To make your cluster meetings more engaging, try incorporating interactive activities such as games, role-playing exercises, or product demonstrations. You can also invite guest speakers or offer incentives for participation to keep attendees interested and motivated.

2. What should I do if attendance at my cluster meetings is low?

If attendance at your cluster meetings is low, try reaching out to your team members individually to find out why they are not attending. You can also consider changing the meeting time or location to better accommodate their schedules. Additionally, make sure you are promoting the meetings effectively and providing valuable content that will entice members to attend.

3. How do I handle conflicts or negative attitudes during cluster meetings?

When conflicts or negative attitudes arise during cluster meetings, it is important to address them calmly and professionally. Encourage open communication and active listening, and try to find a resolution that satisfies all parties involved. If necessary, you can also involve a higher-up leader or mediator to help resolve the issue.

4. What are some effective ways to track progress and success at cluster meetings?

One effective way to track progress and success at cluster meetings is to set specific goals and objectives for each meeting, such as increasing sales or recruiting a certain number of new team members. You can also distribute surveys or conduct polls during meetings to gather feedback and monitor progress. Additionally, keeping track of attendance and participation can also give you an idea of the overall success of your meetings.

5. How can I keep my cluster meetings fresh and avoid repetition?

To keep your cluster meetings fresh and avoid repetition, try to introduce new topics, products, or training materials at each meeting. You can also rotate leadership and let different team members take turns leading the meetings. Additionally, incorporating fun and creative elements, such as theme days or team challenges, can help keep the meetings interesting and engaging for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
chee65
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies