• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chop Tomatoes Easily: Seed and Cut First!

In summary, the "Chop Tomatoes Easily: Seed and Cut First!" tool is a compact and efficient kitchen gadget designed for quickly and easily cutting and seeding tomatoes. It works by slicing off the top of the tomato and pressing it onto sharp, serrated blades. While it can also be used for other soft fruits and vegetables, it may not be as effective for harder or larger produce. The tool is dishwasher safe, but handwashing is recommended for best results. It is not necessary to remove the skin of the tomatoes before using the tool, but blanching them in boiling water can make the skin easier to remove.
thechefofnorthbend
I have seen a couple of questions about tomatoes and the food chopper? Here is a little hint...seed them first. Cut tomato in quarters. Squeeze or scoop out the seeds and pulp (save in ziplock baggie for soups or stews...but use quickly). then chop away!!! Works like a charm.

Thanks for the hint. I have never used the Chopper for tomatoes. I use the Mandoline.THANKS!

You're welcome. My motehr taught me that tip when I was a teenanger (oh so many years ago). She was a Betty Crocker lady and I always adored her kithen know-how. I implement so much of what she was taught in the 50's, now.

Related to Chop Tomatoes Easily: Seed and Cut First!

What is the "Chop Tomatoes Easily: Seed and Cut First!" tool?

The "Chop Tomatoes Easily: Seed and Cut First!" tool is a kitchen gadget designed specifically for cutting and seeding tomatoes quickly and easily. It is a compact and efficient tool that can save you time and effort when preparing tomatoes for your recipes.

How does the "Chop Tomatoes Easily: Seed and Cut First!" work?

This tool works by first slicing off the top of the tomato and then placing it on the sharp, serrated blades of the tool. By pressing down on the top, the blades will easily slice through the tomato, removing the seeds and creating uniform slices.

Can I use this tool for other fruits or vegetables?

While the "Chop Tomatoes Easily: Seed and Cut First!" is specifically designed for tomatoes, it can also be used for other soft fruits and vegetables such as strawberries, kiwis, and mushrooms. However, it may not be as effective for harder or larger produce.

Is the "Chop Tomatoes Easily: Seed and Cut First!" dishwasher safe?

Yes, this tool is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend handwashing with warm, soapy water for best results and to prolong the life of the tool.

Do I need to remove the skin of the tomatoes before using this tool?

No, the "Chop Tomatoes Easily: Seed and Cut First!" can easily slice through the skin of the tomato without any extra effort. However, if you prefer to remove the skin, you can blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for a few seconds before using the tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
4kids4me
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
Replies