• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious New Brownie Dessert - No Nuts!

In summary, Ruthie made a new brownie dessert and it was good. She would cut back on the rolos a little since she made it without nuts it was a tad on the sweet side, but it was so good. Rae made the brownies last night and they were not according to the recipe, but still delicious. Ruthie and Rae are both married to genius husbands who came up with a great idea for substituting pretzels for
Chef_2_Four
So I made the new brownie dessert! It was good! I would cut back on the rolos a little since I made it without nuts it was a tad on the sweet side!! but it was so good!

You really need the saltiness of the nuts to cut through the richness and sweetness of the chocolate.

OMG they looked amazing at conference! I can't wait to make them...I was also thinking of a PB version instead of the caramel...

I can't wait to try this one! DH doesn't like caramel, so I'm going to use the mini Reese's instead. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Ruthie

DebbieJ said:
You really need the saltiness of the nuts to cut through the richness and sweetness of the chocolate.

thats what i figured but more than half of us that would eat them can't eat them or don't like them and i didn't think about that before I made them. They were still good though!!

I bet the reese's would taste good too!

I made them for last night's show. The response was amazing. I can't eat them, but I'm told they're smack-your-mama good.

I'm scared to make them at home for my family since I could probably eat the whole pan!!!

sooooooo good....... Renee made these last night. They were't exactly according to the recipe (oops!), but still delicious!

jenniferknapp said:
OMG they looked amazing at conference! I can't wait to make them...I was also thinking of a PB version instead of the caramel...

OMG!!! I've got to try that!!!:eek:

I was wondering if Hershey's Kisses would work. There are all different flavors, including caramel filled and peanut butter filled. I can't wait to make them. I don't have any nuts in my house right now. I mean, I don't have any peanuts or other edible nuts here.

At the Test Kitchens workshop they suggested variations using Hershey Kisses, mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, just about any small chocolate candy.

I saw chocolate on the tread and had to read. I'll have to remember the variations. Thanks Rae!

raebates said:
At the Test Kitchens workshop they suggested variations using Hershey Kisses, mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, just about any small chocolate candy.

With that in mind......the possibilities are endless! And since you would be changing the recipe......it could be written off as a trial recipe for months to come!:D
I see alot of brownies in my families future.......;)

Okay, I am married to a genius. I was telling The Furry Guy that someone here (I'm too lazy to look through the thread) tried making them without nuts. We talked about the fact that you really need something salty to counter all that sweet. His suggestion? Try substituting chopped pretzels for the nuts. I'm telling you, the man is brilliant!

What a great idea, Rae! I have to try that. Thank your hubby for me! :)

We love the Furry Guy!!

I was making a special trip to the store to buy the ingredients when I changed my mind. I can't have that much chocolate available to me with only my immediate family home and no plans for company. Next weekend is a weekend filled with socializing with a large group. I'll have to wait for that. I still have been eating Hershey Kisses all week long, but not the whole bag all at once. That's okay isn't it?

I tried them today too. I only had pecans, so I toasted and salted them. I was hoping I had some pretzels to add, but no such luck. I took a good sized plate of them to the dentists office today, I am really hoping to book a lunch show in their office.

I could never make these without having someplace to take them. That much chocolate and caramel sitting in my house would just be dangerous. Just reading the recipe raises my blood sugar. ;)

dannyzmom said:
We love the Furry Guy!!

If marrying me didn't prove to the world that the man has brains, this surely does. :D

Can someone post the recipe... I missed it in the general session (and lost my blue ticket when I had my migraine, so I wasn't allowed to get the new catalog packet at lunch:( )

katie0128 said:
Can someone post the recipe... I missed it in the general session (and lost my blue ticket when I had my migraine, so I wasn't allowed to get the new catalog packet at lunch:( )

I believe the recipe is behind CC already.

And, next time you lose a ticket at conference, just go back to registration and they'll print you a whole new set! You could have gotten it!

I asked at the table and they said since it was a seperate ticket in our packets (not on the agenda printout), they were not giving packets to those without one... that would be opening the door for people to get one packet and then go back to get another one.
I understood the point, but it really sucked... I really wanted the mousepad!

katie0128 said:
I asked at the table and they said since it was a seperate ticket in our packets (not on the agenda printout), they were not giving packets to those without one... that would be opening the door for people to get one packet and then go back to get another one.
I understood the point, but it really sucked... I really wanted the mousepad!
We need to up your pushi-ness! That stinks. I bet if you email them, they might send you one, especially if it was your first conference.

luvs2cook said:
I'm scared to make them at home for my family since I could probably eat the whole pan!!!
Me too!

AJPratt said:
We need to up your pushi-ness! That stinks. I bet if you email them, they might send you one, especially if it was your first conference.

Normally I probably would have badgered them more about it, but I was still dealing with "migraine headache hangover" and didn't feel like arguing. I might try to call HO... I know they should at least have ONE left over mousepad... MINE!!!

dannyzmom said:
We love the Furry Guy!!

I second that! Tell him his recipe may even TOP the test kitchen's version! I will have to test that idea out....you know, for BUSINESS reasons.:rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;)

Thank the furry guy for me, Rae! My kids won't eat anything w/ nuts. I tried making the recipe and did half the pan w/ nuts and half the pan without, and the half w/o nuts was definitely missing something. I bet those pretzels would be awesome!

P.S. I halved the recipe, on top of halving the nuts (I knew that math would come in handy some day) and prepared them in my medium bar pan. Worked wonderfully, and I only gained 100 pounds instead of 200!

Looking at them you could go into a sugar coma.

Great idea on halving the recipe, Diane. I'll be sure to share that.

I am making those brownies tonight to serve at tomorrow's FR...I am thinking I will do pretzels (Thanks Furry Guy) instead of nuts to avoid any nut-allergy issues since I have no clue who all is coming...

Carolyn they are going to be a hit! Don't forget to let us know how it goes!
I'm sending positive vibes your way! LOTS OF PEOPLE! LOTS OF SALES!

I made these for a party last night, and they are DELICIOUS! I used nuts, but I'll try the pretzels next time.BTW- they're OK reheated next morning for breakfast. Not as good as fresh, but still tasty.

I made them yesterday for our cluster meeting. I actually liked them BETTER at the meeting when they weren't warm. Everyone LOVED all of the recipes there- we did all three that are on the recipe cards. YUM to all of them!

jenniferknapp said:
I wonder how it would turn out to do half and half (carmel and pb in the same recipe)?! I would think it would be great - the caramel/pb are added later so the flavors would stay on their own side. What do you think?

Sounds like a great idea.

1. Can I make this brownie dessert without nuts?

Yes, you can definitely make this brownie dessert without nuts. Simply omit the nuts from the recipe and adjust the amount of other ingredients as desired.

2. Can I use a different type of candy instead of rolos?

Yes, you can use a different type of candy in this brownie dessert. Some popular alternatives to rolos include chocolate chips, peanut butter cups, or even chopped up candy bars.

3. How many servings does this recipe make?

This brownie dessert recipe makes about 12 servings.

4. How long does it take to make this dessert?

The total time for this recipe is about 45 minutes, including preparation and baking time.

5. Can I store leftovers of this dessert?

Yes, you can store leftovers of this brownie dessert in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedmomto3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies