• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Do Brownies in the Dcb?

...do you use the Greek yogurt, how much? And the ones at Costco...it's just a Fat Free Brownie?The recipe calls for 3 eggs, and that would be the "cake-like" brownies for the larger family-size mix, so I am thinking the larger mix.
esavvymom
Staff member
My SIL (new consultant) wants to do regular brownies from a mix, in the DCB in the microwave.

I wasn't sure if this has been done and successful, so I said I would ask.
She was going to try it- using the thirds rule, and cutting the time down by one third, minus a few minutes - to see what happens.

I did tell her I have a new Rocky Road brownie recipe that I'd send her via email (don't have it with me), but wasn't sure about regular ones.

yes/no??

A gal in our group made the rocky road one with just a box of regular brownie mix and she said she just used the time listed on the recipe card! It came out perfect.

cool!
She messaged me back that she just stuck it in for 10 minutes...She has lots of them, and is willing to sacrifice one in the name of Kitchen Science. :D

I just made the rocky road dessert in the baker and it is YUMMY!

Is there a way to adapt it w/o nuts? I have 2 friends who are allergic!

cookinfletch said:
Is there a way to adapt it w/o nuts? I have 2 friends who are allergic!

Just do it without them. I also heard another consultant said she put extra chocolate chips in place of the nuts (just be sure to get Hershey Brand chocolate chips if you can. Nestle chips have that "Manufactured in plant that processes nuts" warning. Depending on how allergic they are, it could be important (or you could ask them). I've only found Hershey brand chips that DO NOT say that warning on them. )

wadesgirl said:
A gal in our group made the rocky road one with just a box of regular brownie mix and she said she just used the time listed on the recipe card! It came out perfect.

Which size brownie mix? Most of them are "family size" now and can bake in a larger (13 x 9) pan, but there are still some mixes which are smaller and only allow for up to 9x9.

The recipe calls for 3 eggs, and that would be the "cake-like" brownies for the larger family-size mix, so I am thinking the larger mix.

I want to try this at work on Friday and I am undecided which size box mix to use. THANKS!

just make them without the nuts

kam said:
Which size brownie mix? Most of them are "family size" now and can bake in a larger (13 x 9) pan, but there are still some mixes which are smaller and only allow for up to 9x9.

The recipe calls for 3 eggs, and that would be the "cake-like" brownies for the larger family-size mix, so I am thinking the larger mix.

I want to try this at work on Friday and I am undecided which size box mix to use. THANKS!

I think it was a regular size she said.

Use pretzels instead of nuts for the crunchy saltiness or just leave them out.

I used a regular sized brownie mix (the fat free kind that you make with yogurt) according to the package directions, but the cook time from the new rocky road brownies last night. Worked perfectly!

makeawhisk said:
I used a regular sized brownie mix (the fat free kind that you make with yogurt) according to the package directions, but the cook time from the new rocky road brownies last night. Worked perfectly!

What is this "fat free kinda that you make with yogurt" .....please share!

The most popular brand is No Pudge. It's a boxed brownie mix, but instead of eggs & oil, you add a carton of yogurt. We buy a multipack of a different brand at Costco, but the No Pudge ones are in our regular grocery stores now. You used to have to go to Trader Joe's to find them.

makeawhisk said:
The most popular brand is No Pudge. It's a boxed brownie mix, but instead of eggs & oil, you add a carton of yogurt. We buy a multipack of a different brand at Costco, but the No Pudge ones are in our regular grocery stores now. You used to have to go to Trader Joe's to find them.

...do you use the Greek yogurt, how much? And the ones at Costco...it's just a Fat Free Brownie?

The box says what to use--It's usually 2/3 of a cup for the ones I've seen. I've used greek yogurt or regular, doesn't change things much. Not-so-coincidentally 2/3 of a cup of yogurt is pretty much just one 6 oz carton. The Costco ones come in a pink box, and are next to the evil, fatty, delicious Ghiradellhi mixes. The brand name is Sof'ella, or something like that.

Wadesgirl, thank you for the pretzel idea- they rocked! I was also thinking of making a 'turtle' version w/ our caramel sauce!

1. Can you make regular box mix brownies in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, you can use any brownie mix in the Deep Covered Baker. Simply follow the instructions on the box and bake in the DCB according to the recommended cook time and temperature.

2. Can you use the Deep Covered Baker for fudgy brownies?

Absolutely! The Deep Covered Baker is perfect for making fudgy brownies. The stoneware evenly distributes heat, resulting in a deliciously moist and fudgy texture.

3. How do I prevent my brownies from sticking to the Deep Covered Baker?

To prevent sticking, lightly grease the inside of the Deep Covered Baker with cooking spray or butter. You can also line the bottom with parchment paper for easy removal.

4. Can you make brownies from scratch in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, you can make homemade brownies in the Deep Covered Baker. Simply prepare your brownie batter according to your favorite recipe and bake in the DCB as directed.

5. Can you make gluten-free brownies in the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, you can make gluten-free brownies in the Deep Covered Baker. There are many delicious gluten-free brownie mix options available, or you can use a gluten-free brownie recipe and bake in the DCB as directed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Meigs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies