• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chive Flowers: Last Year's Planting is Back with a Vengeance!

In summary, chive flowers are the blooms of the chive plant that have a mild onion flavor and are often used as a garnish or in dishes. To harvest them, simply cut the stem above the base of the plant or pluck individual flowers. They can be used in various ways, such as topping dishes or infusing in oil or vinegar. Chive flowers also have nutritional value, containing vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and potential anti-inflammatory properties. They are entirely edible, but some prefer to remove the petals for a milder flavor.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
We planted chives last year and they came back with a vengeance this year (YAY!)....they are blooming now. Anyone have ideas on what to do with the chive flowers?

The 2nd link even mentions a salad spinner! :)

Thanks!rassafracken length

I have chives planted all over because I move my garden, looking for a better spot they keep coming back. I've never used the flowers before though.

Thanks for this question - I was just wondering what I should do with the flowers!

Related to Chive Flowers: Last Year's Planting is Back with a Vengeance!

What are chive flowers?

Chive flowers are the blooms of the chive plant, which is a member of the onion family. They have a mild onion flavor and are often used as a garnish or in salads and other dishes.

How do I harvest chive flowers?

To harvest chive flowers, simply cut the entire stem of the flower just above the base of the plant. You can also pluck individual flowers from the stem if desired.

What is the best way to use chive flowers?

Chive flowers can be used in a variety of ways, such as sprinkling them on top of dishes for a pop of color and flavor, adding them to salads, or infusing them in oil or vinegar for a subtle onion flavor.

Do chive flowers have any nutritional value?

Yes, chive flowers are a good source of vitamins A and C, as well as minerals like calcium, iron, and potassium. They also contain antioxidants and may have anti-inflammatory properties.

Can I eat the entire chive flower?

Yes, the entire chive flower is edible, including the stem and the purple petals. However, some people prefer to remove the petals and only use the green stem for a milder flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • OhmyDLM
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Cookingfool