• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chilling Brownie Trifle: Prepping Ahead of Time?

In summary, the brownies will not get soggy if you make it the night before, but it might be better if you let it sit over night. The layers are brownie, caramel walnuts, choc. mousse, coolwhip, skor bar, choc syrup.
PCSarahjm
This is a question to all?? I am making a brownie trifle my question is I want to make it the night before will the brownies get sogie(sp)? I want to make sure that the trifle is really cold it tastes so much better that way.

I think it all depends on what all you are putting on top of the brownies. If it is pudding or something I do not know if I would make it the night before.

The layers are brownie, caramel walnuts, choc. mousse, coolwhip, skor bar, choc syrup

PCSarahjm said:
The layers are brownie, caramel walnuts, choc. mousse, coolwhip, skor bar, choc syrup

That does not sound like it would be too soggy. I know the pudding just soaks up a lot, but the cool whip does not.

It's making me hungry and I do not even like chocolate! ha!

I thought maybe the caramel walnuts(caramel ice cream topping mixed with walnuts) would serve as a barrier.

A trifle is supposed to soak up the liquid and get a little soft (not really soggy, but heading in that direction, LOL). Brownies are usually dense enough that they should be fine, and not soak up too much of the moisture, even if you do make it the night before.

It might actually be BETTER if you let it sit over night. I know the Lime Bery Mousse Trifle is!

thanks I will let everyone know how it turns out. I will be making it wednesday for a thursday night show

why not just put everything in the fridge overnight and then put it together an hour or so before the show. it will have to blend but wont really have a chance to get too soggy

trifleI made 2 trifles saturday night and put in my refrigerator...they were not soggy. The brownie one i made had cream cheese, whip toping, brownies and strawberries...it was very good...and not soggy. the other one i made was twinkies, vanilla pudding, whip topping adn strawberries.

Darlene

I have made a "brownie" -- death by chocolate trifle. It is better when made the night before and the brownies are not soggy.

brownies, chocolate pudding, chopped skor bar, cool whip, brownies, choc pudding, chopped skor bar, cool whip, chopped skor bar. Everyone loves it.

I would really like to get this brownie trifle recipe. sounds great and my family loves brownies.

I've made the brownie trifle the night before an it tasted great the next day. Not soggy at all.

I made the3 double chocolate mocha trifle the night before and it was delicious. You layer brownies and a mixture of 2 packs white chocolate pudding, a large container of cool whip 1 3/4 cup milk 2 tablespoons instant coffee mixed in 1/4 cup water and then sprinkle each layer with heath bits Yummy!

The brownie trifle I make I sort of made up but this is it. Brownies cut into bite size, 1 cup walnuts mixed with caramel topping ( I don't really measure anything), 1 box pudding mixed with 1 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 tub cool whip, 8 oz cream cheese mix well put on top of walnuts, then the rest of cool whip, chop a skor bar and drizzle with choc. syrup. I haven't put this in the trifle bowl but plan to for my thursday show. First time I made it in the rectangular baker.

You girls are making me hungry! The only thing I've put in my Trifle is a candle with a lei for my Taste of the Tropics parties. I guess I better try some of your recipes. I bet I'll sell more Trifle Bowls!

1. How far in advance can I make the brownie trifle?

You can make the brownie trifle up to 24 hours in advance. It is best to assemble the trifle no more than a day before serving to ensure the ingredients stay fresh and the layers don't become soggy.

2. What is the best way to store the brownie trifle before serving?

You should store the brownie trifle in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Cover it with plastic wrap or an airtight lid to prevent any odors from being absorbed and to keep the layers in place.

3. Can I freeze the brownie trifle?

We do not recommend freezing the brownie trifle as it may affect the texture and flavor of the layers. It is best to make it fresh or make it a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator.

4. Can I make substitutions in the recipe to make it gluten-free or dairy-free?

Yes, you can make substitutions to fit your dietary needs. You can use gluten-free brownie mix or make homemade brownies with gluten-free flour. For a dairy-free option, you can use dairy-free whipped topping or make your own with coconut cream.

5. Can I use different fruits in the trifle?

Absolutely! You can use any fruits that you like or have on hand. Some popular options include strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and peaches. You can also mix and match fruits to create different flavor combinations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies