• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chiles Rellenos Strata From 29 Min 2

In summary, the author bought a loaf of French bread and found out that it was 16 oz. They decided to use half of the loaf and it turned out okay. The author told the kids that it was sort of Mexican French toast and they ate most of it. The author's husband liked it, but thought it should be served with something else.
babywings76
Gold Member
This is probably a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway...

It says 1/2 loaf (16 oz) French bread, divided

I bought a loaf of French bread, seems to be the standard size bread I see at bakeries all the time. The bag it's in says it's 16 oz. So do I use the whole loaf if it's 16 oz?

To me, that would mean to use 1/2 of the 16oz loaf that you have. I could be wrong...but that's what I would do :)

I think I'll do half the loaf. A whole loaf seems to be too much in the DCB anyway. We'll see how it turns out! :)

Let us know how this turns out, thats one of the recipes I want to try, but haven't yet.

Okay, just finished eating it. DH should be home soon, so I'll see what he thinks.I wasn't able to find the Chihuahua cheese, so I used cheddar/colby jack combo cheese. After cooking the Chorizo and realizing how much seasoning is in it, I started getting nervous that this was going to get really spicy (because it also uses the southwestern style egg product on the bread). I decided to use regular diced tomatoes and skip using the ones with green chilies in it. I also just used 1/2 of a green bell pepper instead of a second poblano, for fear of how spicy the poblanos were going to make this.End result was pretty good. I'd make it again. I told the kids that this was a sort of Mexican French toast. The kids ate most of what I served them. Except my 3 yr. old, but he will only eat mashed potatoes every night, so I can't go by his opinion. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the review. Makes me want to try it now.

I can't find Chihuahua cheese in our regular grocery store but it's always in stock at the corner Mexican carniceria and fruteria - and they have it in chunks and pre-shredded. We LOVE chihuahua cheese! A good substitute is Monterey Jack if you don't have your own Mexican corner store.

OK, I must be way more tired than I thought. I've never heard of Chihuahua cheese, so I immediately thought, "dog cheese????":eek:

The first time the kids saw Chihuahua cheese, DH told them it was made from Chihuahua milk.Normally, they believe anything he says but they looked at me for verification and I shook my head , 'No.'

Thought I'd let you know DH's opinion. He liked it, but thought it should be served with something else because it's good, but you don't want a huge serving of it. I thought some fresh fruit or a salad maybe? He just called me from work to let me know that it tastes even better today for his leftovers he brought for lunch. :)

What ingredients do I need to make Chiles Rellenos Strata From 29 Min 2?

To make Chiles Rellenos Strata From 29 Min 2, you will need 6 large poblano chiles, 1 pound cooked chicken, 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend, 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chiles, 1 cup milk, 1 tablespoon Southwestern Seasoning Mix, 6 slices sourdough bread and 6 eggs.

How long does it take to prepare and cook Chiles Rellenos Strata From 29 Min 2?

This recipe takes approximately 10 minutes to prepare and 29 minutes to cook, for a total time of 39 minutes.

Can I make Chiles Rellenos Strata From 29 Min 2 ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the strata the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap or foil before refrigerating. When ready to cook, remove the wrap and bake according to the recipe instructions.

Can I substitute any ingredients in Chiles Rellenos Strata From 29 Min 2?

Yes, you can make some substitutions to fit your taste preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use turkey instead of chicken, or omit the meat altogether for a vegetarian option. You can also use a different type of cheese or bread, as long as they are similar in texture and flavor.

Can I freeze the leftovers of Chiles Rellenos Strata From 29 Min 2?

Yes, you can freeze the leftovers of this dish for up to 3 months. Make sure to let it cool completely before wrapping it tightly with plastic wrap and foil. When ready to eat, let it thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedCaniac
Replies