• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Help Me Identify This Item?

In summary, the customer's son's stoneware item crack, and the bottom part broke. The customer was told about the 3-year warranty on stoneware, and is contemplating whether to buy the Deep Dish Baker through eBay or to buy a replacement DCB.
babywings76
Gold Member
I had a customer call me to tell me that her son had a well-loved PC stoneware item crack. She described it, but I wasn't familiar with it. He called it a "Chicken Cooker." The bottom part is what broke. I told her about the 3 yr. guarantee on stoneware and that this sounded like something older. I wonder if she can find it on eBay or something. We did talk about the DCB and how they can get that 60% off if they do a catalog show or something this month. So she's contemplating that. But in the meantime, she sent me these pictures of the top part:ETA: I have no idea why these uploaded sideways!

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 779
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 687
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 635
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 696
It's way past the 3 year mark. More like 15 years? I'm coming up with a blank on the actual name though ... I'm sure someone else will pop in soon with the right name.

Found it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Pampered-Chef-Heritage-Collection-Baking-Mix-Bowl-/350458179462

New in the box: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Never-Used-PAMPERED-CHEF-STONEWARE-BAKING-BOWL-1450-Family-Heritage-Collection-/350493492536

Lots of people at my shows tell me they have the "old" deep covered baker and it turns out they mean this. I heard this is the grand-pappy of the dcb. People were buying 2 so they could use one as a lid so pc designed a piece of stoneware with a lid that is glzed on the outside AND fits in the microwave!

Kristina, they could also be talking about the Lid/Bowl that went on the Rectangular Baker.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pampered-Chef-Stoneware-Rectangle-Baking-Lid-Bowl-9x13-Pan-/300624774965?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fea20735

It made the Rectangular Baker work like the DCB but too big for the micro and very heavy. You could bake food in the lid/bowl on its own.

They are probaly talking about the Deep Dish Baker. It was used with the bowl and created a covered baking dish...except it was anywhere near as awesome as the DCB and was HEAVY! Plus, we learned to use the DDB as the base, so when cooking the steam would go to the top and mostly baste your food. It also would create a big mess where it went down the edges onto the bottom of my oven.

She should easily be able to find the deep dish baker since over the years it came unglazed and also in many colors...a Hunter green, French vanilla, cranberry. I know I gave all of my old ones away...

Thank you all so much for the help! You guys all helped to solve the mystery! :)Thanks Elaine, that sounds exactly like what she was telling me. The bowl, or "top of the chicken cooker", was fine. It was the "bottom" part that cracked. I gave her the info, so we'll see if he buys a Deep Dish baker through eBay or if he'll want to buy a DCB. :)

One of my customers just had hers break too and asked me could I get it replaced since it had a lifetime warranty LOL. I sold her a DCB instead. Then I had a co-worker of a customer call me about the "lifetime" warranty on her scraper that she has had for 8+ years. I had a hard time not giggling when I told her they dont have a lifetime warranty but I could order replacments for her.

WoW! What an ugly piece of stoneware. I bet it worked great til the break!

I have an unused one in my pantry if anyone has a customer wanting to purchase it (comes from a smoke free home)

What is "Can You Help Me Identify This Item?"

"Can You Help Me Identify This Item?" is a common request for assistance in identifying an unknown item, such as a product, object, or piece of information.

Who can help me identify an item?

There are various resources that can help you identify an item, such as online forums, community groups, experts in a specific field, and even some mobile apps.

How can I provide enough information for others to identify the item?

To help others identify an item, you should provide clear and detailed descriptions, including the item's physical appearance, any distinguishing features, and any pertinent information or context related to the item.

What should I do if I am unable to find information about the item?

If you are unable to find information about the item, you can try reaching out to experts or posting on online forums to see if anyone else has knowledge or experience with the item. You can also try conducting further research using different keywords or sources.

Is it possible to identify an item without a clear picture?

In some cases, it may be possible to identify an item without a clear picture, but having a visual reference can greatly increase the chances of successfully identifying the item. If you are unable to provide a picture, try providing as much detail as possible in your description.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • taterbug