• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Can You Build a Successful Business Without Doing Dishes?

In summary, the recruit lead told me in November that she was exploring PC and Tastefully Simple and after following up, she said that PC was the better option and she would be signing in January. I followed up with her right after leadership and she said that she couldn't do it... too much on her plate. She calls me yesterday to tell me she's decided on TS because "I don't want to do dishes." Now, I've known this woman for 9 years and honestly, it's not breaking my heart that she's not signing. It would be nice to have the recruit, but like I said, it
finley1991
I had a recruit lead last fall that I talked to extensively about our opp. She told me in Nov. that she was exploring PC and Tastefully Simple. After following up, she said that PC was the better opp and she would be signing in January. I followed up with her right after leadership and she said that she couldn't do it... too much on her plate. She calls me yesterday to tell me she's decided on TS because "I don't want to do dishes."Now, I've known this woman for 9 years and honestly, it's not breaking my heart that she's not signing. It would be nice to have the recruit, but like I said, it's not breaking my heart and I think it would be a big headache if she did do PC. :rolleyes:So, with that, how would you overcome this objection if it came up? I'm just curious...

I don't mind washing dishes after I have made $50 an hour doing what I love..

Who washes her dishes at home? How many dishes does she think she has to wash?

It's an excuse - she didn't want to sign and tried to come up with what she thought would be a valid excuse. You are better off.

Man I tell you after I had a tastefully simple party last month for my girlfriend and had to make all that food ahead of time for her I felt like that was all I DID was wash dishes.I did display a bunch of her stuff in SA, but geez, I made a lot of food ahead of time. I agree, your friend is blowing you off. She'll be sorry she's going with TS--they spend a lot of money out of pocket. But their sign up right now is really good and very attractive.

Nanisu said:
Man I tell you after I had a tastefully simple party last month for my girlfriend and had to make all that food ahead of time for her I felt like that was all I DID was wash dishes.I did display a bunch of her stuff in SA, but geez, I made a lot of food ahead of time. I agree, your friend is blowing you off. She'll be sorry she's going with TS--they spend a lot of money out of pocket. But their sign up right now is really good and very attractive.

I feel the exact same way! I have a team member who used to sell TS. I remember her saying "I don't have to carry heavy products - I can just bring the empty boxes to show". Now that she is with PC, she is finding that the only thing that is heavier is her paycheck!!:D:D
She fell into looking at the commission %, but not seeing the costs of maintaining that biz - she's very happy to be with PC now!

After thinking about this a little longer, I believe that her TS recruiter had some influence on her. Keep her on your radar and call her again in a few months.

Thanks everyone... like I said, it's not breaking my heart that she's going with TS. I do get annoyed at what other DS companies say about PC. I know they feel threatened because we ROCK and most of them don't, but that doesn't give them to right to bad-mouth us. (Sidetrack: I was at a jewelry show where the consultants came out and verbally bashed PC when she was talking about her biz opp... didn't know I was a consultant. And I didn't order from her.)I did a combined PC/TS show two months ago for a fund-raiser. After the show I was hanging out because my friend was the host. The TS rep had left. My friend called me into the kitchen to show me what a mess she had left it. The little containers never even made it to the trash... they were all over the counters along with wrappers and empty boxes. The host was pi$$ed. And adamantly said she would never host or order from TS again. (I had already taken my dirty dishes out to the trunk of my car!)It should be interesting to see how this all pans out. And by the way, she said that everything goes in the dishwasher at home. It was just an excuse and I know that. :)

finley1991 said:
.....(Sidetrack: I was at a jewelry show where the consultants came out and verbally bashed PC when she was talking about her biz opp... didn't know I was a consultant. And I didn't order from her.)...... :)

OMG!!! How rude! Did she ever find out that you were with PC? I would have been tempted to 'debate' with her right then and there during her biz speech. Maybe ask a lot of pointed questions. That was uncalled for and I hope your host told her so after you left.

If that was her only honest objection I would choke on my cherrios!
That being said, I agree, that is not her true objection.
You could pay someone to do your dishes
You could use your first month's check to buy a dishwasher
If I gave you a $100 would you wash the dishes in my kit?
etc, etc, Bless and release :)

She did find out that I was with PC. What I found out is that they were trained (I'm guessing by their upline and not their HO) to use PC as an example when talking about their opp because we are so well known. Basically the gist was the *portability* of jewelry for demos vs the gobs of PC products one would have to bring to shows. But she didn't say it like that... she bashed us. Oh well.... we still rock! :cool:

When I did my show my girlfriend didn't even OFFER to help clean up. And she's my GIRLFRIEND! I love their stuff (my family loves their soups and I love having stuff I can just pull out of the pantry and throw together for entertaining) but it was a LOT of work. And I didn't get ONE THING for half price. I had a $300 show and I got $30 in product. That's it. And I had to pay shipping. Oh yeah, and I had to do the dishes, LOL. TS has a pretty cool signup incentive right now and I bet that was her hook. $170 for the kit (enough product to do 10 shows), divided into 3 parts. You pay the first third and if you qualify in 30 days they give you a gift certificate equal to the other 2/3 so you can pay off your kit or order new products. It's pretty attractive. I bet that was it.

Interesting about the incentive... thanks for the heads up!

I announce that I will give a gift to one person that does my dishes. I used to give the sample of lotion, but since we don't carry that anymore I give something from the door prizes. I rarely have to do my dishes.

Michelle

Nanisu said:
When I did my show my girlfriend didn't even OFFER to help clean up. And she's my GIRLFRIEND! I love their stuff (my family loves their soups and I love having stuff I can just pull out of the pantry and throw together for entertaining) but it was a LOT of work. And I didn't get ONE THING for half price. I had a $300 show and I got $30 in product. That's it. And I had to pay shipping. Oh yeah, and I had to do the dishes, LOL. TS has a pretty cool signup incentive right now and I bet that was her hook. $170 for the kit (enough product to do 10 shows), divided into 3 parts. You pay the first third and if you qualify in 30 days they give you a gift certificate equal to the other 2/3 so you can pay off your kit or order new products. It's pretty attractive. I bet that was it.
It all sounds good (36% commission) until you understand it all....the CONSULTANT pays for the Host's free product, not the company.The CONSULTANT pays for the ingredients for the show, not the company (as in our case which reimburses the host the $15).The CONSULTANT has to pay a $30 yearly fee to even TAKE credit cards, and a 3% fee for every Credit/Debit order.Not sounding too good now, huh? They end up making between 22-25%......and their average show is under $400.

I hate to do dishes and don't I take a tub and bring home my dirty dishes and put them in the dish washer. That gets me out of their house sooner also. I have had a few older ladies host that insisted on doing my dishes for me before I left and did that while I took orders.

trps said:
I hate to do dishes and don't I take a tub and bring home my dirty dishes and put them in the dish washer. That gets me out of their house sooner also. I have had a few older ladies host that insisted on doing my dishes for me before I left and did that while I took orders.

That exactly what I do and when I shared that with her, it freaked her out even more... the thought of having the dirty dishes in the car was even worse!

I'm sure she'll be happier over at TS!

I've started offering free shipping to anyone who washes the dishes for me. I don't mind being out the $4.50. It saves me from having to do it and I can just pack up after taking all of the orders and I'm ready to go for the next show (usually). I am loving doing it that way!! I used to take my red crate and bring home my dirties, but I hated that.

there was a time when I needed my dishes washed and my kit packed--I was in the middle of moving. So I offered a gift to anyone who did my dishes. I just gave them a Season's Best. Now either I do them at the host's house (I always bring a microfiber dishcloth and towel with me for this) or the host or someone there does them for me. It's very rare for me to come home with dirty dishes anymore.

1. What is the "I Don't Do Dishes" objection?

The "I Don't Do Dishes" objection is a common response from customers who are hesitant to purchase kitchen tools because they don't want to spend time washing them afterwards.

2. How can I address the "I Don't Do Dishes" objection?

One way to address this objection is by highlighting the ease of cleaning our products. Many of our kitchen tools are dishwasher safe, making clean-up a breeze.

3. Do you have any products specifically designed to make clean-up easier?

Yes, we offer a variety of products that are specifically designed to make clean-up easier. Our silicone baking mats and non-stick cookware are just a few examples.

4. Are there any tips or tricks for reducing the amount of dishes I have to clean?

A great tip for reducing the amount of dishes you have to clean is to use multi-functional tools. For example, our Mix 'N Chop can be used for both stirring and chopping, minimizing the number of utensils needed.

5. What makes Pampered Chef products different from others when it comes to clean-up?

Our products are designed with the home cook in mind, so we prioritize easy clean-up. We use high-quality materials and innovative designs to make sure our products are durable and easy to clean.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • sassypip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Biscotti
  • chefheidi2003