• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Do When a Consultant Quits?

In summary, one of the speaker's recruits has quit selling after 10 shows due to personal reasons. She has given the speaker all her completed order forms and has announced her departure on social media. The speaker wishes to contact all the guests who attended the shows before the new catalogue comes out, but is struggling with the wording. Both Beth and another member offer their suggestions, advising the speaker to call the guests and ask if they would like to join the speaker's newsletter list for updates and recipes, while also offering assistance with any warranty issues. The speaker plans to combine both ideas and reach out to the guests via email and phone calls.
Cathy pclady
Gold Member
one of my recruits quit selling after just 10 shows... walked away and wants nothing to do with selling..... new man in her life and two teenage children... She gave me all her completed orderforms in the event that there is a warranty problem. She also gave me her guest survey slips and a number of the guest have circled 6 or more on the 'hosting a show' section.
She announced on her fb page that she was leaving PC and that anyone that needed anything PC should contact me (Thanks!!).
Some of the guest I have met before but the most are new to PC& Me.
I would like to contact each and everyone of the guests before the Fall catalogue comes out but I am having trouble with the wording ... can anyone help me with the wording?
I have the email address for most of them so I was thinking of doing a mass email but don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone has already took the time and their talent to do up a flyer (insert computer dummy here)

Thanks

I wouldn't email them without permission. You are better off calling and then asking if they would like to join your newsletter list. You could say something like:
This is Cathy with the Pampered Chef. I was calling you because Jenny has decided to no longer sell Pampered Chef and I wanted to make sure that you had someone to get a hold of you in case you had any issues with your products or for recipes. ... I see you purchased X item, have you had a chance to play with it yet? ... Then you can throw something in there if they gave an email address. "I see that you gave Jenny your email address, would you mind if I put you on my newsletter list?" or about hosting a party "On your door prize slip you checked that you were interested in hosting a party, our next month's host specials are..."At the end you could ask if they would like you to send a mini catalog with your business card. This gets your name in front of them for future use.

Oh, you are good at this... I have been trying to come up with the right wording for the last 3 days and you do it for me in less than one hr! I love the support that we get from this group.
Thanks!

If you have time to make the calls I would. Then you can get a feel for what they want, if anything, from you. But if you can't get to them all and for the ones that you don't get in touch with, I would email them once. It is an information email and not the same as just putting them on your e-newsletter list without permission. And just say something like:

"This is Mary Jones with TPC. As you may know Susie Smith has stopped selling PC. She gave me your order records in case you have any warranty issues with the products you purchased. Let me know if you need any recipes or tips to use your products.

Would it be okay to add you to my monthly e-newsletter list? That way you could keep up on the current specials and you'd get new recipes and tips each month.

I would love to be your PC consultant!
name, phone, email, website"

Then if you never hear from them do cc calls and ask how you can help them.

Thanks Beth. You two are great with words!! I am going to combine both of your ideas. I only have some phone # and most of them are cell so I will be doing the email route first with a follow up cell call.
Some of the guest were my customers before she signed on, so I already had/have them on my newsletter list and I will pop of a quick update to them. The rest will be getting phone calls using your wording. Thanks for your help. Now the real hard part....picking up the phone

1. How do I handle the transition when a consultant quits?

The first step is to communicate with the consultant and discuss their reasons for leaving. Then, work together to create a plan for transitioning their responsibilities to another team member or finding a replacement.

2. What should I do to prepare for a consultant's departure?

It is important to have a contingency plan in place in case a consultant quits unexpectedly. This could include having a list of potential replacement consultants or cross-training existing team members to take on the consultant's responsibilities.

3. What are my legal obligations when a consultant quits?

It is important to review the consultant's contract and any applicable laws to determine if there are any legal obligations, such as giving notice or paying for unused vacation time. It is also important to follow any company policies or procedures for offboarding employees.

4. How can I ensure a smooth transition for my team and clients?

Communication is key in ensuring a smooth transition. Keep your team and clients informed about the consultant's departure and any changes that may affect them. It may also be helpful to provide additional support or resources during the transition period.

5. Is it appropriate to ask the consultant for a referral or to work together in the future?

If the consultant is leaving on good terms, it is perfectly acceptable to ask for a referral or to keep in touch for potential future collaborations. Networking and maintaining positive relationships in the industry can be beneficial for both parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • Lexif424
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • byrd1956