• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can USAA Banking Handle Your Personal Checking and Cash Transactions?

In summary, USAA is a financial institution that offers a variety of services, including insurance. Their 'deposit@home' feature is a great way to save time and avoid bringing your checks to the bank.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Does anyone else do their PC checking acct through USAA?
I just opened it ( we use them for our personal checking too..)

I know I can easily do the scan at home for checks..EASY..

But what do you do when you get CASH from orders????

THanks!

What is USAA? You can scan your checks to deposit them instead of bringing them to the bank?????????????

Dang!! We have USAA for all our insurances - Ididnt know they had a scan check thing!!

USAA ---as in usaa.com --they do auto insurance, house insurance, banking etc..they are awesome..

and yes, they have what is called 'deposit from home'..You literally put the check on your scanner, submit it to them electronically, then it is directly put into your acct, and they tell you to shred the actual check itself..It is great!

smilesarepriceless said:
and yes, they have what is called 'deposit from home'..You literally put the check on your scanner, submit it to them electronically, then it is directly put into your acct, and they tell you to shred the actual check itself..It is great!

VERY COOL! Too bad I'm not eligible to join. <Boo hoo> I'm glad you military folks get some perks though...you all deserve it!

USAA is the best insurance company. I didn't know about the check scanning thing. I have never used their financial services. We just have our auto insurance with them. They save us a ton of money.

I have them as an insurance company and I did use the banking side for a while........ I had to mail my deposits to them I didn't' know you could scan checks in!!!

Do this, go and open an account at a credit union which the membership fee is around $5.00. Why I say a credit union is I assume your spouse or you are still active duty correct? So you still move around a lot and the great thing about credit uinons is most participate in a program called http://www.cuservicecenter.com/. So even if your credit union is in another state you can still go into a credit union that is under the program and make deposits and more.

Once you have your account opened go to your USAA profile and add a non USAA account which will be your new credit union account. I would just go with a savings account no need for a checking since you already have one. Once your account is added to USAA and approved you'll be able to make transfers to/from that account right in your USAA profile like it was a USAA account.

Very cool and saves time!

~Heather

I use USAA for all my insurance needs and not my banking. I like to walk into a bank and do what I need to do. I knew about the scan in feature but still not suitable for my needs.
I use Navy Federal Credit Union and have never had a problem with my accounts. The tellers all know I do PC so its cool. We are getting ready to move to VA and have a local branch 5 mins from the house. I'm so excited!! USAA helps me with some things while NFCU helps me with others.

AND there is an USAA app for iPhones where you can deposit your checks with YOUR phone!!!!! It is SOOOO awesome! We have our personal accounts at USAA but my PC account is at NFCU since that was my only choice when we were in Okinawa.......

I deposit cash into Navy Fed and then transfer it to USAA

I use USAA also but I just write a check from my personal when they give me cash and I just keep it. It works out just fine.

We use USAA for just about everything. The 'deposit@home' feature was a genuine life-saver when I was doing 10-12 shows a month. It was so nice to sit in my PJs and deposit checks. (Now I limit myself to just one show a month...but it's still nice to sit in my jammies while I 'go to the bank.')

I started my business overseas as well, but switched my PC account to USAA as soon as we came back. It was a little bit of a hassle but well worth it.

For the cash orders, I would keep the cash, and then transfer the equivalent amount from our regular account.

Last edited:
I was doing my PC banking through USAA but with the cash it was too much of a PITA. I switched to a local credit union that has a branch in my office building- so much more convenient for me. I do all my personal banking with USAA though and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!!

The original thread was from 2007....

I use USAA for my personal accounts and when I was in real estate, I used Deposit from home and you can deposit checks up to $5000 per day. I think it would be a pain to deposit multiple checks all the time but I guess better than driving to the bank. Do you know if USAA charges if they return a check (not an NSF fee but just for returning someones check AND how do they return it if you keep it once scanned?

Related to Can USAA Banking Handle Your Personal Checking and Cash Transactions?

What is USAA banking and how does it work?

USAA banking is a service provided by USAA, a financial services company, for its members. It allows members to manage their banking needs, such as checking and savings accounts, online or through the USAA mobile app. Members can also use their debit cards at any USAA-approved ATM for free.

Can anyone open a USAA banking account?

No, USAA banking is only available to members of USAA. To become a member, you must be an active or former military member, a family member of a military member, or a cadet or midshipman.

What are the benefits of having a USAA banking account?

There are many benefits to having a USAA banking account, including competitive interest rates, no monthly service fees, and the ability to deposit checks from your mobile device. USAA also offers 24/7 customer service, fraud protection, and access to a wide range of financial services.

Are there any fees associated with USAA banking?

USAA banking does not charge monthly service fees or require a minimum balance. However, there may be fees for certain transactions, such as using non-USAA ATMs or overdrafts. It's important to read the terms and conditions carefully to understand any potential fees.

How can I sign up for USAA banking?

If you are already a USAA member, you can easily add banking services to your account by logging into your online account or through the USAA mobile app. If you are not yet a member, you can join online or by calling USAA's membership hotline. Once you become a member, you can then enroll in USAA banking services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • TropicalChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ms_twana
  • pc_jessica