• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Substitute M&M's for Chocolate Chips?

In summary, you can substitute M&M's for chocolate chips in most recipes, but keep in mind they have a different texture and may not melt or distribute evenly. In most cases, you can use the same amount of M&M's as called for in the recipe, but for recipes that call for melting the chocolate chips, you may need to adjust the cooking time or method. Any type of M&M's can be used as a substitute for chocolate chips, but different flavors or varieties may alter the taste or texture of the final dish. To prevent M&M's from melting in baked goods, you can freeze them before adding them to the batter or add them to the top instead of mixing them in. While M&M's can be used as
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
The recipe calls for candy coated chocolate (baking?) chips. The only thing I could find were M&M's! I went to several stores. Will they work?

I used mini M&M's. That's what I figured it was generic for.

It will ONLY work with M&M Minis! I just made it last weekend for a show and if you use regular m&ms the flour from the other layers covers them up and you can't see the pretty colors! Instead of looking cool it actually looked a little messy cause the flour got in between my m&ms... the minis should work fine! anything tiny and colorful!

bsaxman said:
It will ONLY work with M&M Minis! I just made it last weekend for a show and if you use regular m&ms the flour from the other layers covers them up and you can't see the pretty colors! Instead of looking cool it actually looked a little messy cause the flour got in between my m&ms... the minis should work fine! anything tiny and colorful!

The same thing happened to me!! I was wondering why it did that??? Thanks for the heads up.

Hi there! As a fellow pampered chef consultant, I can assure you that M&M's will work perfectly fine in place of candy coated chocolate baking chips. In fact, many of our recipes call for M&M's as a substitute. They will add a delicious and colorful touch to your dish. Happy cooking!

Related to Can I Substitute M&M's for Chocolate Chips?

1. Can I use M&M's instead of chocolate chips in my recipe?

Yes, you can substitute M&M's for chocolate chips in most recipes. However, keep in mind that M&M's have a different texture and may not melt or distribute evenly in baked goods.

2. Do I need to make any adjustments to the recipe if I use M&M's instead of chocolate chips?

In most cases, you can use the same amount of M&M's as called for in the recipe for chocolate chips. However, if the recipe calls for melting the chocolate chips, you may need to adjust the cooking time or method when using M&M's.

3. Can I use any type of M&M's as a substitute for chocolate chips?

Yes, you can use any type of M&M's as a substitute for chocolate chips. However, keep in mind that different flavors or varieties of M&M's may alter the taste or texture of your final dish.

4. How do I prevent M&M's from melting in my baked goods?

If you want to keep the M&M's intact in your baked goods, you can try freezing them before adding them to your batter. You can also add them to the top of your baked goods instead of mixing them in.

5. Can I use M&M's in place of chocolate chips for all types of recipes?

M&M's can be used as a substitute for chocolate chips in most recipes, but they may not work well in all types of recipes. For example, they may not melt well in candy-making or in recipes that require a smooth, melted chocolate texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • straitfan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • DebPC