• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Team Meeting: Tips for the Time-Crunched Leader

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of holding individual meetings instead of traveling to the director's meetings. The speaker has been successful with recruiting and is considering starting her own meetings. She seeks advice and ideas on planning and running the meetings. The other person in the conversation encourages her to talk to her director and offers suggestions for planning and recognition. The speaker also mentions the positive impact the business has had on her life and her plans for the future.
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
So last night was our team meeting and I brought 7 girls with me. My director does the meetings but it's about 45 minutes from me. Most of my girls are traveling anywheres from 20 minutes to an hour just to get to me...then another 45 minutes to get to my directors meetings...that's almost 2 hours for some ONE WAY! They're beneficial...but I'm starting to think I need to have my own meetings. Is it crazy to think this?? Can I really do that? I have 6 girls on my team and like 8 coming in!! I've really been rockin lately on the recruiting :D THANKS TO CONFERENCE!! he he!

So what's involved to planning a meeting? How do your meetings go? Anything you can help me with or give me ideas for would be GREAT!! THANKS!

Absolutely you can hold your own meetings. I will be starting mine in October, after I see what is going on with the kid's school schedules.

PCCHeather0506 said:
So last night was our team meeting and I brought 7 girls with me. My director does the meetings but it's about 45 minutes from me. Most of my girls are traveling anywheres from 20 minutes to an hour just to get to me...then another 45 minutes to get to my directors meetings...that's almost 2 hours for some ONE WAY! They're beneficial...but I'm starting to think I need to have my own meetings. Is it crazy to think this?? Can I really do that? I have 6 girls on my team and like 8 coming in!! I've really been rockin lately on the recruiting :D THANKS TO CONFERENCE!! he he!

So what's involved to planning a meeting? How do your meetings go? Anything you can help me with or give me ideas for would be GREAT!! THANKS!

What are you applying from conference that you are doing to get your recruiting numbers that high? Watch out, you will be giving a speech at NEXT YEARS conference if you keep this up! Great job!

Talk to your director about your plan. I'm sure she can help you with planning meetings.

chefsteph07 said:
What are you applying from conference that you are doing to get your recruiting numbers that high? Watch out, you will be giving a speech at NEXT YEARS conference if you keep this up! Great job!

Lol! I'm just offering it to EVERYONE!! I took out and about contacts made easy and when I started talking to people about it, I was surprised to see how many people could really use this business!! This business has CHANGED MY LIFE! I never thought I'd be able to stay home more with my children...I thought I'd be working till retirement! Bc of PC I can stay home!! When we have baby #2...I'm going to work only pt, if my company doesn't let me, I'm leaving! It's going to be a hard decision only bc I do enjoy my job most of the time. I just need more time for my business! It's growing insanely fast! I went from having 1 consultant at the beginning of the year on my team, to now having 5 and 5 more on the way! It's just AMAZING!! :love:

Ask your director to send you the monthly meeting planner. That is a great way to start and then you can mimmick or create your own form of recognition. Go for it!

Brandi2007 said:
Ask your director to send you the monthly meeting planner. That is a great way to start and then you can mimmick or create your own form of recognition. Go for it!

What is a monthly meeting planner? You mean what she does...or is this something the company does.

PCCHeather0506 said:
What is a monthly meeting planner? You mean what she does...or is this something the company does.

It is available to directors through the company

PCCHeather0506 said:

I think that it is included in the Directors version of the CN that is sent to them each month.

Congrats Heather on your recruiting success! I did not take that workshop but I do ask everyone and I'm still batting strikes. You obviously have the right words down. KUDOS!

1. How can I efficiently plan a team meeting when I have a busy schedule?

As a time-crunched leader, it's important to prioritize and delegate tasks. Utilize tools like a shared team calendar to set meeting dates and times that work for everyone. Delegate responsibilities such as setting up the meeting space and creating the agenda to team members.

2. How can I ensure the meeting runs smoothly and stays on track?

Creating a clear and concise agenda beforehand is essential. Make sure to share it with your team beforehand so they can come prepared. During the meeting, assign a timekeeper to keep track of the agenda and make sure discussions stay on track.

3. How can I make sure everyone's voices are heard during the meeting?

Encouraging participation and creating a safe space for everyone to share their thoughts is crucial. Consider using icebreaker activities or group discussions to engage everyone. Also, make sure to actively listen and involve quieter team members by asking for their input.

4. How can I handle conflicts or disagreements that may arise during the meeting?

As a leader, it's important to address conflicts or disagreements immediately. Encourage open communication and actively listen to both sides before coming to a resolution. It's also helpful to have a set of ground rules established beforehand to address any potential conflicts.

5. What are some tips for making the most out of a short meeting?

Start and end the meeting on time to respect everyone's schedules. Prioritize the most important topics and leave smaller discussions for another time. Follow up with action items and next steps to ensure the meeting was productive and effective.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • ChefBeckyD