• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Fr Jeopardize Medical Assistance?

In summary, when applying for medical assistance, it's important to report all sources of income, including earnings from a side job with Pampered Chef. The impact on eligibility will depend on the specific program and its requirements, so it's best to check with the program directly. The status of your Pampered Chef business as a job or self-employment may also affect eligibility, and deductions for business expenses may vary depending on the program. As long as earnings from Pampered Chef do not exceed income limits, it is possible to continue participating in the business while receiving medical assistance.
cactus_flower
I was all set to proceed with the FR for my friend w/cancer, until I presented the idea to her yesterday--she is not clear as to whether receiving any donations would jeopardize her possibly getting medical assistance.

She is really struggling, not only with the cancer, etc. but also understanding all the legal mumbo-jumbo. Even though she has a case mgr, it appears that all these issues just add more stress (the last thing I want to do). Any suggestions?

If it is a program thru DHS I would assume that she would have to show that amount as income and DHS would figure the assistance after that...thats how all their other programs work.

Yes, any income (including donations) can affect government payouts for medical assistance. :( Every state is different, but it could definitely end or suspend her assistance depending on the amount of the donation.

You could set up a foundation and purchase things for her. But I would seek the advice of a lawyer to see how to do it legally.

I am a firm believer in "Where there's a will, there's a way."

1. Can having a side job with Pampered Chef affect my eligibility for medical assistance?

It depends on the specific requirements of the medical assistance program you are applying for. Some programs may have income or asset limits that could be impacted by your earnings from Pampered Chef. It's best to check with the program directly to determine any potential effects.

2. Do I need to report my Pampered Chef income when applying for medical assistance?

Yes, it is important to report all sources of income when applying for medical assistance. This includes any earnings from Pampered Chef. Failure to report income accurately could result in penalties or loss of eligibility.

3. Will my Pampered Chef business be considered a job or self-employment for medical assistance purposes?

This will depend on the specific circumstances of your Pampered Chef business and your role within it. If you are actively selling products and earning a profit, it may be considered self-employment. It's best to consult with a medical assistance representative for a definitive answer.

4. Can I deduct my Pampered Chef business expenses from my income when applying for medical assistance?

Again, this will depend on the specific program and its requirements. Some programs may allow for certain deductions or exemptions for business expenses, while others may not. It's best to consult with the program to determine what expenses may be eligible for deductions.

5. If I receive medical assistance, can I still participate in Pampered Chef as a side job?

As long as your earnings from Pampered Chef do not exceed the income limits set by the medical assistance program, you should be able to continue participating in the business. However, it's important to report any changes in income to the program to ensure continued eligibility.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cactus_flower
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
Replies