• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can a Neighbor's Complaints Put a Stop to Our Plans to Save for Our Dream Home?

In summary, the couple experienced some unfortunate events, but they were able to get the suburban moved into the garage and have started saving money for a house of their own.
lockhartkitchen
We couldn't find anyone available this weekend to help fix the suburban. My husband measured the garage depth (8 inches to spare) and the width would fit with 12 inches to spare parked between the wash tub and the water heater. We spent today cleaning out the garage. A neighbor helped push the suburban in with his big rig (too heavy for several men to even push up our driveway). We got it in! We just finished at 10 PM getting all the totes piled back in around the surburban. Yes!!! Tomorrow I'm spraying her weeds! We will be going to the neighbors around us, to get in writing that our dog is not a nuisance. My husband is willing to take it to court if needed, if we hear anymore about the dog. We didn't get to go camping because of her, but I did get my bedroom and office organized by staying home. We're in the process of saving money for a house of our own (we rent). We are seriously considering moving somewhere else until we are in our own home.

In such an unfortunate situation, it is great that you have some resolution. Too bad you couldn't get the suburban running, but at least you were able to get it moved into the garage. Great news!!
Sorry you had to change your plans b/c of the neighbor but I hope you can get everyone else to say that your dog is not a nuisance.
Glad to hear some shining light at the end of your tunnel.

I would be looking for a new place to live too. She would win, but hopefully whoever rented after you has 20 dogs and loud screaming children!! Sorry, that is mean. But...then she would wish she had left you alone.

lockhartkitchen said:
.......(we rent). We are seriously considering moving somewhere else until we are in our own home.

You know what - this made me wonder - maybe it's not so much YOU that she has a bug up her hiney about....maybe it's the owner of your home! Maybe her issue is that she wants to make you miserable so that you'll move and that will hurt the homeowner...just a thought. Whichever it is, she is not a nice person.

Julie, I was thinking about you this morning, wondering if there's been any resolution. I'm glad you were able to get the suburban tucked away.
Happy spraying :)

pampered.chris said:
In such an unfortunate situation, it is great that you have some resolution. Too bad you couldn't get the suburban running, but at least you were able to get it moved into the garage. Great news!!
Sorry you had to change your plans b/c of the neighbor but I hope you can get everyone else to say that your dog is not a nuisance.
Glad to hear some shining light at the end of your tunnel.

I would be looking for a new place to live too. She would win, but hopefully whoever rented after you has 20 dogs and loud screaming children!! Sorry, that is mean. But...then she would wish she had left you alone.

Glad to hear you got it in the garage but that's awful about your camping weekend!

Chris, that comment about 20 dogs moving in is sooo funny to me. We just moved and built a house in the middle of nowhere on 3 acres of woods due to our last neighbours. We lived on a corner so our back yard faced the side/back your of our neighbour and they were retired, miserable people. On our moving in day my two kids (5 and 8 then) went exploring at the back of 'our' yard because there were woods there and they thought they were ours (we were busy directing the movers) and she comes out hollering that it was her woods, get the heck out, how dare they blah blah blah.

I come out and call my kids and explain that they should have asked/confirmed that it was our property before going in but everyone makes a mistake and just stay in our yard guys. I then holler over that I'm sorry, they didn't know and won't do it again and which point she's hollering they darn well better not, I have no use for kids blah blah....I then tell her if she has any issues with MY kids she better talk to ME first next time and NOT them..... A month later there was a fence put up (just around 100 feet of woods it looked ridiculous!) The men putting up the fence started to walk on our property with their equipment and I went out to say sorry, don't mean to be nasty but you'll have to stay on her side this is her problem :D

From that point on for the four years we lived there I made sure that when they were out and we were home, we would go outside and play a lively game of basketball or rowdy game of pool Marco Polo until they went back in :) I know, not nice of me :D

We then moved last summer out here to the woods and the family we sold it to has 5 rude, wild boys and 11 animals! At first I cried about my poor house that we had designed but then DH had me put it in perspective - now it'll really drive the neighbours nuts! So far they've broken the neighbour's fence, had their trampoline blow over into their yard and take out a tree with no apologies and let the yard go to pot; all overgrown and unkept! Everytime we go over to that area to visit friends the yard is full of junk, kids and animals........loving it!! :D

Thanks everyone. I should have seen this coming with her, when our other neighbor got a big dog that DID bark a lot. I said, "Boy she's going to love him!". About a month ago I realized I hadn't heard the dog barking lately. We peaked through the fence and saw no dog. I think he gave away the dog to keep peace with her. Our dog is our family member. It did give me a chance to go through some of our things that had been in storage bins for the last year. I did get encouraged to organize my office and bedroom. Though it was a bummer, we'll go camping in a couple weeks on a weekend after school starts. Thank goodness our school boundaries just changed. The neighborhood I live in used to go to the school I work at. We're now going to a brandnew school. I couldn't have had her kids!

I'll write a letter saying your dog isn't a nuisance. ;) All animals are prescious and we could learn a lot from them!

1. What is "Neighborly Love- Resolution"?

"Neighborly Love- Resolution" is a collection of cooking and baking tools and accessories designed to inspire and facilitate acts of kindness towards neighbors and community members. It includes recipes, packaging ideas, and product suggestions to help spread love and appreciation through homemade treats.

2. How can I use "Neighborly Love- Resolution" products to show my neighbors I care?

There are many ways to use "Neighborly Love- Resolution" products to show your neighbors you care. You can use our recipe ideas to bake treats and deliver them to your neighbors, or use our packaging ideas to create thoughtful and personalized gifts. You can also use our products to organize a neighborhood potluck or volunteer to cook for a community event.

3. Can I use my own recipes with "Neighborly Love- Resolution" products?

Yes, absolutely! "Neighborly Love- Resolution" products are designed to be versatile and can be used with any recipes. Our recipe ideas are just suggestions, but you can definitely use your own recipes to spread love and kindness to your neighbors.

4. Is "Neighborly Love- Resolution" only for neighbors or can I use it for other occasions?

While "Neighborly Love- Resolution" is primarily focused on promoting acts of kindness towards neighbors, you can definitely use it for other occasions as well. Our products and ideas can be used for birthdays, holidays, or any other special occasions to show your love and appreciation for friends and family.

5. Are there any special promotions or discounts for "Neighborly Love- Resolution" products?

Yes, Pampered Chef often runs promotions and discounts on "Neighborly Love- Resolution" products, especially during the holiday season. You can also become a consultant to receive exclusive discounts and offers on all Pampered Chef products, including "Neighborly Love- Resolution."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • completelychristie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Stephaniem
  • jwagner75