• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cable Bill--Tax Deduction for Foodie Shows

In summary, the "Cable Bill--Tax Deduction for Foodie Shows" is a tax deduction that allows individuals to deduct the cost of their cable bill if they watch food-related shows on their cable service. Foodie shows are television programs that focus on food, cooking, and dining. Anyone who pays for a cable service and watches foodie shows on that service can claim this tax deduction, but the amount that can be deducted may vary depending on the individual's tax situation. It is recommended to consult with a tax professional or refer to the IRS guidelines for specific information regarding deductions. There may be restrictions for claiming this tax deduction, such as the shows being a regular part of the individual's cable service and paid for with their own funds
chefjwr
Has anyone successfully taken a tax deduction for your cable bill because the Foodie programs help us with our recipes, techniques and presentation.?:)

GREAT Question!!! any answers out there?????:confused:

I've never tried but I think it would be a hard thing to prove. And you know how the IRS likes proof behind deductions:)

No you can not take your cable bill as a tax deduction

Leah, have you tried it or do you have a tax consultant??

Julie her family actually ownes a H&R block in Oregon and she works there also
(sorry Leah speaking for you);)

I currently have the basic basic cable $18/month. I would love to increase to the cable package that has the food network.

Last year I asked that question and my tax guy actually laughed and shook his head no.

If we could buy that channel individually there might be a chance. But we get other channels too and it would be very difficult for anyone to prove the NEVER watched them.

I still think that we should be able to deduct cable --- and it makes sense to me --- but it does not make sense to my tax expert.

Nice try ... but did you know the steps you have to have to deduct ANY portion of your home as a write-off?You need a separate office for your business, first off. And it has to be dedicated to your business. (I suppose that means DH and the kids check their e-mail on a different machine!

Jennie4PC said:
Julie her family actually ownes a H&R block in Oregon and she works there also
(sorry Leah speaking for you);)

No worries...... :D

Related to Cable Bill--Tax Deduction for Foodie Shows

What is the "Cable Bill--Tax Deduction for Foodie Shows"?

The "Cable Bill--Tax Deduction for Foodie Shows" is a tax deduction that allows individuals to deduct the cost of their cable bill if they watch food-related shows on their cable service.

What are foodie shows?

Foodie shows are television programs that focus on food, cooking, and dining. These shows can range from cooking competitions to travel shows that explore different cuisines around the world.

Who can claim this tax deduction?

Anyone who pays for a cable service and watches foodie shows on that service can claim this tax deduction. However, the amount that can be deducted may vary depending on your individual tax situation.

How much can be deducted for the cable bill?

The amount that can be deducted for the cable bill will vary depending on the individual's tax situation. It is recommended to consult with a tax professional or refer to the IRS guidelines for specific information regarding deductions.

Are there any restrictions for claiming this tax deduction?

Yes, there may be restrictions for claiming this tax deduction. For example, the foodie shows must be a regular part of the individual's cable service and not a premium channel add-on. Additionally, the individual must have paid for the cable bill with their own funds, and not through a shared or business account.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattybrady
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
martyskitchen
  • JulieHaak