• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brett Is Retiring - Shocking News Sparks Reactions from Fans

In summary, Brett Favre, the quarterback of the Green Bay Packers for last 17 years, is retiring. He says he is mentally tired and it's not the games, it's the prep work for the games. He is a respected figure in sports and will be missed.
chefsteph07
Just saw a news article on this!!!

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!:cry:

who???????????

chefsteph07 said:
Just saw a news article on this!!!

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!:cry:
What???? He said he wasn't! :cry:

Flamingo said:
who???????????

Thanks, I was afraid to post that - thinking I'm the only one who doesn't Brett???

I'm with you. ??????

The quarterback of the Green Bay Packers for last 17 yrs!

chefsteph07 said:
The quarterback of the Green Bay Packers for last 17 yrs!

I knew who you were talking about... just love giving sports fans a hard time! :rolleyes:

Gotcha!

Exiting this thread now.....looking like an idiot.:eek:

(not a sports person ~ sorry!)

Yeah, heard that on the news, the talk of work right now...I figured he'd stay last year to break the records then exit this year while he had a decent year. I think he is afraid to end on a bad note not knowing what 2008-2009 brings.

Sad to see him go, but it had to happen some time.

He said in a voice mail he left an ESPN reporter that he is mentally tired. It's not the GAmes it's the prep work during the week. I am a stay-a-home mom and it's all over the tv here. I am kinda sick of it cuz it's all that's on the tv. Unless I watch cartoons but they have been cut-off for the day.

I don't mind watching Brett all day long....

Sad to see him go but I think it is smart to go out while he is still playing well and in good health.

I think it is sad when some stay until they are washed up and people are ready to go - kind of tarnishes their legacy.

Has anyone seen KG on this thread??? He may be on his way to Green Bay to talk some sense into Bret!!!

I like Bret Farve even though GB is not "my" team. He is a sports figure that everyone can respect and look up to. I am so glad that he has been able to maintain a great career past football prime.

Actually, I broke the story here at 7:40 this morning (8:40 EST) but I spent the rest of the morning at the dentist and doing other things today.Not much to say - he owns almost the entire QB record book with several that may stand for decades, if not forever. It's been a good 17 year run.It is my humble opinion that if Mike Holmgren had swallowed his ego and stayed in Green Bay, Favre and the Packers would have gone to at least 4 more Superbowls, but instead, he's languishing in Seattle and Favre languished in Green Bay.

So sad:cry: We will miss him bunches; but I understand he needs time with his family now, and to go out on his terms.DH heard that Donald Driver might not come back either....could be a long year for the Packers.

Related to Brett Is Retiring - Shocking News Sparks Reactions from Fans

1. What prompted Brett's decision to retire?

Brett has been with Pampered Chef for over 10 years and has decided that it is time for him to move on to new opportunities and challenges.

2. Will there be any changes to the Pampered Chef product line or company structure due to Brett's retirement?

No, there will not be any changes to the product line or company structure. Pampered Chef will continue to offer the same high-quality products and services that our customers know and love.

3. How will Brett's retirement affect the Pampered Chef community?

Brett has been an integral part of the Pampered Chef community and his presence will be missed. However, we have a strong team in place and are committed to continuing to provide the best experience for our customers and consultants.

4. Is there a replacement for Brett in the works?

At this time, there is no replacement for Brett. We are currently evaluating our options and will make an announcement when a decision has been made.

5. Can customers still purchase products from Brett before he retires?

Yes, customers can still purchase products from Brett before he retires. However, we encourage customers to continue supporting our amazing team of consultants who will continue to provide the same level of service and expertise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies