• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Wrong With This Statement???

In summary, there was an article in the Atlanta Journal about rapper TI's farewell concert before he reports to prison. TI's producer, Kue Brower, commented that the prison sentence will only show fans that TI is just like them. TI's manager also mentioned that prison is like waking up in the morning and happens to everyone. Some people, like the rapper's manager, view prison as a rite of passage, but others, like members of a true crime website, see it as not a big deal and a common occurrence in certain circles.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
One of the articles in today's Atlanta Journal newspaper was about rapper TI's farewell concert before he reports to prison tomorrow. First off, I didn't realize people were given time off before they went to prison.... anyhow, this is a comment from his producer (the bold is mine):

....The prison sentence will only help show fans that T.I. is “just like them,” said Kue Brower, a producer for T.I.’s opening act Southern Comfort.

“Prison - that’s not even a question,” he said. “Going to prison is like waking up in the morning. It happens to everybody.

:eek::eek: what???? :eek::eek:

Well, I didn't realize that prison was a rite of passage these days - geeze! What is this world coming to?

If you are so inclined, here's the full article http://www.accessatlanta.com/news/content/music/stories/2009/05/24/ti_atlanta_goodbye_concert.html

clearly he aims high and sets fine example for his followers... gee everyone I know has been to prison... NOT!!

Hmmm, I must run in the wrong circles. I can count on one hand the people I know who have been to prison. (and to say I "know" them all is stretching it!)

Well gosh, I guess I know what has been missing from my life - prison. I better go out and rob someone so I can be like everyone else.

Whatever!

Actually - speaking of robbing someone, (that doesn't sound right, but I'll press on) my DH had to run to Safeway Sunday morning to get eggs and syrup for waffles. I had him pick up a few other things as well. As he was coming out he saw 2 cop cars parked drivers window to drivers window, and the officers were chatting. He got in the Rav and very visably put on his seat belt, he pulled out slowly and headed home. He wasn't surprised when one of the cars shot out after him, the Rav's windshield cracked the day before. He pulled over and had all the important papers out when the officer walked up to the car and said, "Bet you've never been pulled over for this before."
What had happened was a bag of food didn't make it to the cart and the cashier had run out of the store as he was driving away and yelled to the officers, "Stop that man!" :eek:One shot after him right away, the other got the whole story and let the persuing officer know what was going on. The second officer was flying down the highway, lights blazing, to bring the missing bag of food. LOL
I love living here.:love:

Crystal Patton said:
Actually - speaking of robbing someone, (that doesn't sound right, but I'll press on) my DH had to run to Safeway Sunday morning to get eggs and syrup for waffles. I had him pick up a few other things as well. As he was coming out he saw 2 cop cars parked drivers window to drivers window, and the officers were chatting. He got in the Rav and very visably put on his seat belt, he pulled out slowly and headed home. He wasn't surprised when one of the cars shot out after him, the Rav's windshield cracked the day before. He pulled over and had all the important papers out when the officer walked up to the car and said, "Bet you've never been pulled over for this before."
What had happened was a bag of food didn't make it to the cart and the cashier had run out of the store as he was driving away and yelled to the officers, "Stop that man!" :eek:One shot after him right away, the other got the whole story and let the persuing officer know what was going on. The second officer was flying down the highway, lights blazing, to bring the missing bag of food. LOL

OMGoodness...that is too funny! LOL I did that twice today (the leaving bags behind not getting pulled over!), luckily I wasn't out of either store before I was stopped for forgetting my bags.

I know many people who've been in prison before. They now attend our church. They don't view their prison time as a good thing, though. It's not a badge of honor. The only positive aspect they've ever mentioned about prison is that many of them started down a path to Jesus while there.

There's a whole other strata (or several!) of society that most of us won't encounter on a regular basis, and it sounds like this rapper's manager is referring to those people. I read a true crime website and many members there have pointed out that the people featured on that site's front page are repeat offenders who view prison time as no big deal. They also seem to have a penchant for idiotic tattoos (not to offend anyone here with a tattoo- they can be quite artistic, but on one's face?!?), poor hygiene, convoluted and temporary relationships, and a general lack of good judgement.

Yes, people do make mistakes, and, yes, people do deserve a second chance. The hope is always they'll find The Truth, and begin a relationship with Jesus.

However, I don't find this attitude to be one I want emulated by my 14 year old daughter, who 'used to' like TI, or my 19 year old son, who already has his own legal issues, and wants to do what it takes to avoid jail. I'm sorry, but just because you're famous does NOT mean you 'turned out ok.'

Oh my gosh, Crystal, your story is like something you'd read in one of those e-mail forwarded forwards that were forwarded from a forward (know what I mean?), and think "yeah, right, this would never really happen!"

Crystal Patton said:

Too Funny! My DH and I are from Williams, AZ, and have been to Chino many times!!!! My father-in-law was the produce manager at the Safeway in Williams for decades. We could see (in our minds) everything transpiring as we read your story. Thanks for sharing!

pampchefsarah said:
Oh my gosh, Crystal, your story is like something you'd read in one of those e-mail forwarded forwards that were forwarded from a forward (know what I mean?), and think "yeah, right, this would never really happen!"

It blew me away too. But the real kicker was when we went to a Memorial Day event at the Citizens Cemetery and the officer who pulled DH over was speaking. I don't remember his roll in the event, other than he did a great job and asked DH later how the waffles turned out. LOL

nikked said:
Too Funny! My DH and I are from Williams, AZ, and have been to Chino many times!!!! My father-in-law was the produce manager at the Safeway in Williams for decades. We could see (in our minds) everything transpiring as we read your story. Thanks for sharing!

Williams is beautiful!!!! A guy I hung out with in high school is the produce manager at our Safeway, man I love small towns!!

Sorry about the hi-jack.:blushing:

Related to What's Wrong With This Statement???

What is the purpose of "What's Wrong With This Statement???"

The purpose of "What's Wrong With This Statement???" is to help individuals improve their communication skills by identifying and correcting common mistakes in their statements.

How can "What's Wrong With This Statement???" benefit me?

By using "What's Wrong With This Statement???", you can learn how to effectively communicate your thoughts and ideas, avoid misunderstandings, and improve your relationships with others.

Who can benefit from using "What's Wrong With This Statement???"

Anyone who wants to improve their communication skills can benefit from using "What's Wrong With This Statement???", including professionals, students, and individuals in personal relationships.

Is "What's Wrong With This Statement???" only for written statements?

No, "What's Wrong With This Statement???" can be used for both written and spoken statements.

How can I access "What's Wrong With This Statement???"

"What's Wrong With This Statement???" can be accessed through our website or through our Pampered Chef consultants. You can also purchase our book or attend our workshops to learn more about improving your communication skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • thechefofnorthbend