• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Visibility as a New Homeowner with Our Howdy Neighbor Packets!

In summary, the Howdy Neighbor group brings a basket of samples, coupons, magazines and business cards to new home owners in the neighborhood. The charge is $2.50 per house, and they do about 30 a month. The woman who owns it sent me suggestions from other welcoming companies. A couple consultants have had an open house every couple months, for the newcomers to meet each other and check out the items. But you are right. $75 seems like a lot at one time. There is also a 6 month obligation to stick it out.
jennuone
We have a Howdy Neighbor group that brings a basket of samples, coupons, magazines and business cards to new home owners in the neighborhood. I called for info on getting my name in it and it is about $75 a month, depending on how many are delivered. The woman who owns the business said that another consultant had participated in the past and did not feel like it was worth the money. Any suggestions, or advice from someone that has tried this? Any tips on making it work?

those of us who have done it in our area it wasn't worth the $$ I think it was called newcomwers or something been awhile back!!

How many do they send out? $75/mo. seems REALLY high for me, but you're in a larger area. If you got a show or two out of it a month it might be worth it, but often people just "moving in" are too busy settling their house to host. I would think $75 could be used for A LOT of other advertising on your own.

The charge is $2.50 per house, and they do about 30 a month. The woman who owns it sent me suggestions from other welcoming companies. A couple consultants have had an open house every couple months, for the newcomers to meet each other and check out the items. And most offer a discount or free products amount as a gift. But you are right. $75 seems like a lot at one time. There is also a 6 month obligation to stick it out.

I have the option of participating in a "welcome basket" for a nearby neighborhood. I am welcome to put a flyer/business card/catalog/whatever in as long as I enclose a small gift to be included in the packet. They will distribute the packets free of charge for me. What should I put in??

Can't you do it yourselfIs there any way you can make a day out of it and go door to door dropping off your flyers or business cards to the houses?
Does it have to be done by these people? I mean we don't have a homeowner's association in my neighborhood but in others that do, I always see flyers for yard work or chinese takeout being left on door knobs all the time.
It would be good exercise and cheaper. I do that in my neighborhood all the time. I have a chance to give a donation to some women at a Breast cancer meeting in two weeks. I thought I would give the pink bar board and knife as a donation plus a gift certificate with my catalog. The girl is kind enough to advertise for me by giving my cards to the ladies in their "goody bags" and leaving my old catalogs and flyers on a table for them.
I also have a chance to give a home made Gift certificate personally from me for another raffle in town but don't know if I should.
I mean what amount do you think is ok, and not too cheap? Any suggestions. I would like to give a good amount but not too much. Maybe something that will get them to order a larger amount and help reduce that cost. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Debbie :D

This neighborhood is HUGE (500+homes)and the houses are very spread out with several acres per house. I'm with Debbie and don't want to spend too much, but don't want to seem cheap either. The association only does the new homeowners at this point and, I guess, goes personally to deliver them.

Jodi- I suggest a SBRC with a note inside wishing them many happy seasons in their new home. Add your contact info. It's simple, inexpensive, and they'll keep it because who doesn't love recipes?

Jodi, Ann stole my idea. I would suggest doing a little cello bag with a SBRC and a Pan Scraper with a list of some of the ways you can use it. I know they come in handy for many of those new home fix-it projects.

Great Ideas!! Do you have a listing of ways to use them?

You can also get a list of new water service usually from the water company. I used to do that when I ran an insurance agency. It was free. You can mail them a welcome postcard with the idea of hosting to stock their new home....

Well, I delivered my "welcome packets" on Tuesday night for them to go out sometime the end of this week or next. Here's the AWESOME thing though....the lady that I delivered them to sent me an e-mail Wednesday AM saying how beautifully they were done, and how I should be in marketing. That made my day!!! WOOHOO!!
THEN, today I get another e-mail from her where she BCCed me from a conversation with her friends where she is trying to talk them all into having a show with me. And they are saying YES!!! I am so excited!!!
I was getting close to the end of my family/friends connections and I really needed this. And this is all BEFORE the new homeowners have even gotten them!! Funny how things work out.

1. What is included in the Howdy Neighbor Packets?

The Howdy Neighbor Packets include a variety of products from Pampered Chef that are perfect for new homeowners. This includes our top-selling kitchen tools, recipe cards, and exclusive offers.

2. How will the Howdy Neighbor Packets help me as a new homeowner?

Our Howdy Neighbor Packets are designed to help new homeowners make their house feel like a home. The included products will make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable, while the recipe cards will provide inspiration for delicious meals.

3. Can I personalize the Howdy Neighbor Packets for my new neighbors?

Yes, you can personalize the Howdy Neighbor Packets with a handwritten note or a special gift. This will make your gesture even more meaningful and show that you are excited to welcome your new neighbors to the neighborhood.

4. Are there any exclusive offers included in the Howdy Neighbor Packets?

Yes, we have exclusive offers for new homeowners in the Howdy Neighbor Packets. These offers are only available to recipients of the packets and can provide great savings on our products.

5. How can I order the Howdy Neighbor Packets?

You can order the Howdy Neighbor Packets through a Pampered Chef consultant or on our website. Simply select the "Howdy Neighbor Packets" option and follow the prompts to complete your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Suzanne C Shepard
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies