• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can Chefs Increase Publicity and Brand Awareness?

In summary, this chef suggests leaving flyers and bread crumbs around town, attending local festivals, and doing out of the box calls to get your name out to the public.
apriljc
Ok all of you pampered cheffers out there. I have a question for you. What is the best way to get your name out to the public. I have done the letters to friends and family but now I want to get my name out? I am slowly getting out of my comfort zone, which is funny because with my FT job I work with the public and talk to hundreds of people I don't know everyday.
So please give me some ideas and thanks in advance for all of the wonderful deas. I just love chef success and all of the people who are in it.

I use the local newspaper, but it hasn't brought me a whole lot of luck. I've put adds in for the Taste of Home Cooking School, Bridal Add and Home and Garden show. No one ever contacted me because of the paper. Seems like word of mouth and just bookings from my shows work as well as anything.

Here are some things that I have done: I do a lot of festivals; I joined the Chamber of Commerce in my hometown; I leave old catalogs in our local laundermat, doctor's offices', my hairstylists shop, etc.

You can also leave flyers, with tear-a-way contact information at grocery stores, or anywhere there is a community bulletin board. Try posting flyers in the mailbox area at apartment complexes in your area.

You could also place an ad in the business section of your local paper, but in my small town, it is almost $200/month and I feel that is too expensive at this point.

This is my first time speaking up but I couldnt help myself because I also am trying to branch out. I tried the grocery store and landermat thing, with no luck thus far. But, we did just have our cluster meeting last night and our director handed out the 100 NO's flyer. So I am hoping this will help me brake out and get used to asking people.

I totally agree w/ Shari. Fairs is where I have branched out the most. I offer everyone who marked yes or maybe on there door prize slips a free show. The people that don't mark anything I mail them a coupon for 10% off their next purchase and thank them for stopping by the booth. This has gotten me so much bussiness it's not even funny. I did a holiday bazzare in November, didn't receive a booking until April from it but it was a 1,000, and then a booking from that 900, and another booking for July can't wait to see what that is.:D :D

Customer care calls or out of the box calls are good, I still struggle w/ these.

Fairs are great, just signed a recruit on Monday that has become a very good friend that I met at a fair last October! You never know when it will happen, off the subject a little but...talk to every one you can about PC, you just don't know who might say yes to an order, show, or job!!

Maybe try thinking about leaving PC bread crumbs every where you go, so much so that some one will say "Okay, who is this PC person...maybe I should call".

I agree with the others here, fairs are great!! I'd MUCH rather put the money into a booth fee somewhere than a newspaper ad. The biggest difference is the PERSONAL contact!! You can't follow up with people who read your ad and try to see what they think. YOu can do this when you meet someone at a fair. You get a feel for if they're curious about Pampered Chef and your enthusiasm comes through in person. It's SO contagious! That's why most people's bookings come from their cooking shows. That just isn't conveyed through flyers, ads or other non-personal methods. Those types of marketing are fine, but only in addition to other things that give that personal connection.

I really think that continuing to step outside of your comfort zone is the best thing to do. It took me awhile, but if you keep PC in the front of your mind as much as you possibly can, you'll find yourself talking more and more about it. ONe way I made myself do this is to play a little game with myself. If I was meeting someone for the first time, whether it was a friend of a friend or just the cashier at the grocery store, I would try to find a way to bring up PC. It felt very weird at first, but it eventually felt more comfortable. Now I mention it with no hesitation whatsoever!! I've had a potential recruit come out of it (I'm still working on her and hope eventually the time will be right for her!), I've had a couple hosts come out of it and have just "gotten my name out there" because of it.

The bottom line I've come to realize is that personal contact has a much bigger impact on my business than flyers and things like that. I still do those things to supplement getting my name out there, but don't rely on just that.:D

I am having door hangers made to put out in the neighboorhood I live in. I am getting 100 of them for about $30. So I hope it works. I guess it is all just a gamble. I was at the grocery store last night and put my cards up on the bulletin board as you go in. So maybe I will get some feed back from that. I have got to join the Chamber just haven't wanted to put out $70.00 yet. I can't quit buying the products enough to save up.

When I am out and about, I try to wear a PC shirt and I always a couple of catalogs and business cards in my purse. I also got the bigger PC stickers from Nancy's and I have one one my truck window. I have had about a dozen people ask me for information within the past week alone. I person wants to have a show at the end of June. Hope this helps.

I have had info in the paper, wear my PC sweatshirt all the time, carry drawing slips, mini's and business cards. I have never done a fair, but I never know how to get a booth! How do you guys know when fairs are coming up and who to contact? I barely know a few days before they are held much less early enough to be there and be prepared!! I went to our baby fair at the hospital and there was NO PC REP!! I would love to do it next year, but I don't know who to contact about it, or even when or where to start. It would be so easy, and it is only 4 hours long. I really try to get my name out there, but just get stuck in the same crowd!

krhodes74 said:
I am having door hangers made to put out in the neighboorhood I live in. I am getting 100 of them for about $30. So I hope it works. I guess it is all just a gamble. I was at the grocery store last night and put my cards up on the bulletin board as you go in. So maybe I will get some feed back from that. I have got to join the Chamber just haven't wanted to put out $70.00 yet. I can't quit buying the products enough to save up.

Wow! My C of C is $300 to start! I couldn't affort it either, but I'm looking into it for later in the year because there are no PC reps in it!

The subdivision I live in does a newsletter each month. I emailed the person printing it and they were happy to run an ad for me. The best part is it was all FREE!!!

gilliandanielle said:
I have had info in the paper, wear my PC sweatshirt all the time, carry drawing slips, mini's and business cards. I have never done a fair, but I never know how to get a booth! How do you guys know when fairs are coming up and who to contact? I barely know a few days before they are held much less early enough to be there and be prepared!! I went to our baby fair at the hospital and there was NO PC REP!! I would love to do it next year, but I don't know who to contact about it, or even when or where to start. It would be so easy, and it is only 4 hours long. I really try to get my name out there, but just get stuck in the same crowd!

I live in small town (15,000 people) with 4 other slightly larger towns around (in total all 5 towns are about 250,000 people), there are something like communtiy centers that are more like a town hall, if you have something like that check there and they will let you know what your city has coming up and ask how you can get a booth/table. Check with your newspapers and there is also a sight called craftlister.com and the girl who runs the site is great about updating all the craft shows and fairs she can find, plus people who utilize the site add shows and fairs as well.

Do fairs. I just signed a recruit that I met at a fair in April. I did two shows from that fair so far and have one more scheduled for July. I also have a cattie show running now from a fair that I did in May and had a Cooking Show from that fair last weekend.

Join your local Chamber of Commerce.

Wear PC clothing everywhere. Buy the catalog tote from paperwork and use it as your purse. Have catalogs, biz cards, and drawing slips ready. The drawing slips are so you can get their info before you give them yours.

At the grocery store, when buying ingredients for a PC recipe, make sure the order is rung up separately and say to the cashier "These are separate b/c they are for my business." That's a segue into telling them about your PC business--make sure you have a biz card and a drawing slip ready!

Ask your director if she does fairs. Ask to go with her. I got started with fairs by going with my director. They are great training opportunities and now that I am building a team, I always bring my team members with me when I do one. If it's slow, you can talk business and share tips. A director in our cluster has a weekly Farmer's Market and someone from our team is always filling in.

I've done flyers and cards at the grocery store and the only response I got was someone trying to sell me an advertising opportunity. NOT!

Gillian, re fairs, go to your C of C and check their calendar of events. If you cannot join, find out how far in advance of the events you want to participate in to check back for an application. I found that becoming a member saves me about 1/2 of the vendor fee at my local fairs and festivals. The key though is to open up the event to other consultants in your area. Take the application cost and any raffle prize you will provide, divide it by the number of shifts available, and your cost will be minimual. In February I had booth at our local Almond Blossom Festival, and of the $150 fee and $100 in gift certificates, I think I was out of pocket less than $75 and it was a booking frenzie - and you get 100's of contact's information. Fairs/festivals are great!

Thanks everyone for your wonderful advice. I never thougth of fairs but now I can see that they would be awesome. Our county fair is coming up and I should look into it. Your cheffers are the greatest.

Sk8Mom209 said:
Here are some things that I have done: I do a lot of festivals; I joined the Chamber of Commerce in my hometown; I leave old catalogs in our local laundermat, doctor's offices', my hairstylists shop, etc.
QUOTE]
Do you cross things off that have been retired in old catalogs???

I have wondered about this too! It would be just my luck that the only thing they wanted to order out of the catalog is retired. I have seen the little poem that people put on the front saying the date is old or whatever. Maybe just crossing the old products out with Sharpie, then include a mini catalog with new products for the people that are really interested?

pamperedwendy said:
Sk8Mom209 said:
QUOTE]
Do you cross things off that have been retired in old catalogs???

No. I put a label on the catalog with all of my info and stating to view the current catalog go to my wesite or call or email to have a current catalog mailed to you.

I have looked into my city's C of C, but it doesn't list fairs or events like that. How else can you find out? I never seem to hear about anything until they are advertising for people to come, not vendors.

Also, what kinds of fairs do you do-just county fairs or are there other types of fairs that would be good?

Pamperedgirl3

Does your city have a Convention & Visitor's Bureau? Try calling them. Or maybe city hall. Try these organizations in surrounding cities also. I know my city is small and has only a few festivals each year, but in the larger surrounding cities there are tons of festivals, fairs and other vendor type events.

Thanks Shari-I will look into those. My city isn't small, but I never seem to hear about many fairs. Maybe I'm just not listening?? Thanks for your suggestions. I'll see if that works.

What I did at a festival I did at the beginning of June was I put a list of the discontinued products in the front of the old catalogs along with a list of products that had gone up in price. I then included and mini mag with all of the new products in it. That way I kept my new current catalogs for people who are serious about hosting a show.

Cheryl Mackey
Indepedant Consultant in Mansfield, LA

Has joining the chamber of commerce really improved your business? Mine is $250 a year and I am not sure that I would be able to make that back just from being part of the C of C.

*Wear PC shirts everywhere.
*When shopping at the grocery store - put your grocery list INSIDE a PC cookbook so as you're looking at your list, you're looking at the PC cookbook -- PC fans KNOW the look of our cookbooks and will stop you mid-shopping and say "Is that the new PC cookbook? Oh my gosh - I need to get one - who is your consultant?!?"
*Put a business-card-sized ad in your childrens' school yearbooks, athletic league yearbooks, local neighborhood newsletters/realtors newsletters
*wear PC shirts everywhere
*did mention to wear PC shirts everywhere?

Gillian, do you have a Babies R Us near you? They do events.

And thanks for the 10% off coupon idea! I am going to do that for the fair people!!

Call a bridal shop in your area and ask if they know who the contact person is for the next bridal fair.

I've found that the retired products are usually put out because they weren't big sellers. I've never had the trouble with people finding something in my old catalogues that is retired.

Wow Andrea! Thanks for the website link!

Kris

1. How can I effectively promote my Pampered Chef business?

There are several ways to promote your Pampered Chef business, including utilizing social media, hosting cooking demonstrations and parties, networking with other businesses and local organizations, and participating in community events. It is also important to have a strong online presence, such as a professional website or blog, and to actively engage with your audience through email marketing and other online platforms.

2. What is the best way to get media coverage for my Pampered Chef business?

The best way to get media coverage for your Pampered Chef business is to have a unique and newsworthy angle, such as a special event or partnership, and to pitch your story to relevant media outlets. It is also helpful to have a strong media kit and press release, as well as to build relationships with reporters and journalists who cover topics related to cooking, food, and small businesses.

3. Can I use influencer marketing to promote my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, influencer marketing can be a great way to promote your Pampered Chef business. Look for influencers who have a strong following and align with your brand values, and reach out to them to collaborate on sponsored content or product reviews. This can help increase brand awareness and reach new potential customers.

4. How can I build brand awareness for my Pampered Chef business?

Building brand awareness for your Pampered Chef business involves consistently showcasing your brand identity, values, and products to your target audience. This can be done through various marketing tactics, such as creating high-quality visual content, partnering with other businesses or influencers, hosting contests or giveaways, and regularly engaging with your audience on social media.

5. What is the importance of networking for my Pampered Chef business?

Networking is crucial for any business, including Pampered Chef. By networking with other businesses, organizations, and individuals, you can increase brand awareness, establish partnerships and collaborations, and potentially gain new customers. It is also a great way to learn from others in the industry and stay up-to-date on industry trends and news.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keyssizzler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
keyssizzler
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • Mackailey