• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Business with Les Hewitt's Power of Focus - Director Training Recap

In summary, Les Hewitt's book "The Power of Focus" was very motivating and helped to shift some of the bad habits that had been holding back Sarah's business. Les Hewitt is a fantastic speaker and his talk inspired Sarah to make some changes in her personal and professional life.
sarahlegare
A Director in my cluster did an extra training tonight that she & my director got from NC. It was on the Power of Focus by Les Hewitt!! It was AWESOME!! I'm so pumped for my business right now~I can't wait for tomorrow so I can go get the book!! I'm really excited to read an adult book, since for the last 6 1/2 years it's been kids books!!:yuck:
I had to go to Walmart after, and I talked with 2 cashiers & got their names & numbers & gave them each a Join Us booklet!! hehe~gotta love getting motivated!!:D
So, has anyone else read the book?? How has your business benefited from it?

Les HewittI read his book The Power of Focus shortly after conference. At first I borrowed my directors copy but came across a copy at the local Half Price Book Store. I had to get my own. I thought it was excellent. I have a good sight on how distractions made me lose productive time working my business. I have begun to implement certain practices and have seen improvments already. I'm still working on putting everything down in writing. Lots of bad habits to break and good ones to develop. I recommend it to any one regardless of in sales or just personal development. Focus! :thumbup:

I've had this book for over 4 years never got past chapter 2 :)
Our local Sams club is selling it now.

Give it another try. At first I found it a bit hard to follow, but it progressively grabs your attention and gets you thinking how you can make positive changes in your personal traits as well as professional. It does work!

I'm halfway through it; lots of good things to implement--just have to do it!

My director has been using this book for our cluster meetings since conference. We haven't gotten very far though. Last night we talked about focusing on what we do best, and being ourselves at our shows......not trying to do everything we hear about that works for everyone else.

It was a good reminder of something I've figured out. Sometimes it's tempting to try things, just because it works for someone else......but if it doesn't fit your personality, it's not something you can replicate.

For instance, I've figured out that games don't work for me - any time I have tried to play games, they just fall flat.....and the same goes for the "Why" bag......it just doesn't work for me, and it feels uncomfortable to do it.
But there are things that I am very good at, and when I focus on those things, my business explodes!

SO, spend 80% of your time doing what you already do well......instead of always trying to improve what doesn't work for you.

It is definitely a book that you must read slowly! Take your time to implement what you learn as you go. Les Hewitt is a fantastic speaker, I love the analogies he uses. The best thing I learned was how to balance my family and my business. Also how to form a goal, be specific, and focus on it until it is acheived. I found it a very easy read, not like the text book form that I expected. Sarah-- great job on making contacts!

I absolutely loved Les Hewitt at conference. It is a training/motivational talk that inspires you to identify things holding you back in moving forward and yes, it does take awhile to really be honest (or find the time) and make changes.

One phrase that he said many times is "NO EXCUSES". I made a quick little sign and put that up in my office. I am the "Queen of Procrastination" so this struck home.

After this thread started, I'm now eager to get back to the actual book...haven't finished yet.

What is "Boost Your Business with Les Hewitt's Power of Focus - Director Training Recap"?

"Boost Your Business with Les Hewitt's Power of Focus - Director Training Recap" is a training program offered by Pampered Chef that focuses on improving the business skills and strategies of directors within the company. The program is led by Les Hewitt, a successful business coach and author of the best-selling book "The Power of Focus."

Who is Les Hewitt?

Les Hewitt is a renowned business coach, speaker, and author who has helped countless individuals and companies achieve greater success through his proven strategies and techniques. He is the author of the best-selling book "The Power of Focus" and has over 30 years of experience in the business world.

What can I expect to learn from this training program?

This training program will cover various topics related to leadership, goal setting, time management, and effective communication. You will also learn how to apply the principles of "The Power of Focus" to your business and see tangible results in your sales, team building, and overall success.

Is this training program only for directors at Pampered Chef?

While this training program is specifically designed for directors at Pampered Chef, the principles and strategies taught can be applied to any business or leadership role. The program is open to all Pampered Chef directors who are looking to grow and improve their business skills.

How do I sign up for this training program?

You can sign up for "Boost Your Business with Les Hewitt's Power of Focus - Director Training Recap" through your Pampered Chef online account. Simply visit the training section and select the program from the list of available courses. You can also contact your Pampered Chef consultant or regional director for more information on how to enroll.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
imported_jenniferp417
  • chefdeb410
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefdeb410
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies