• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Sales and Fun at My Mexican Themed Party - Need Suggestions!

In summary, Joanne is trying to come up with new ideas for increasing sales at her show and is asking for suggestions from her audience. She offers a demo for zesting lemon and cheese with a Microplane grater and explains that it is a popular demo.
mandydollie
Ok..for those of you who know about my 90 minute each way drive tonight for my show, and not being able to submit from my finace's house who lives in the same town.. I need your help!

I want to make sure that this show ends up being well worth my drive! What great ideas can you give me for increasing sales! Fun things...this is a fun bunch of ladies. We are doing a mexican type theme... touchdown taco dip in the deep dish baker, taco ring on the large round stone and margaritas!!!! so they will be drinking alcohol! But I want to really push up my sales!

HELP!!!

I did the Queen of Shoppers game (found on here) at a show like that and if I didn't talk about any of the items they were looking for in my Demo - everyone was stopping the game to ask about it. I sold lots of things from that game that I didn't use in my demo because everyone had a comment about the things they had to find. It was funny to watch them flipping through the catalogs.

A quick Demo tip.....A director in our area showed us an awesome demo with the Microplane Grater & Lemon Zester. She brings her own lemon (you could use a lime since they will have margaritas). First she shows the zester with the thick slice (I didn't even know you could do that with the thing!), then shows the thin slices of zest. But she focuses on the Microplane and shows how "fine" it zests. I demo all of mine in the Small Oval baker and then passed the stone around so everyone could touch, smell and feel the lemon (plus the stone - could lead into next months special?) Every show I have done this at, I have sold at least one Microplane - before she showed me that I didn't sell one, it was still brand new in my box!

Hope that helps!
Joanne

Repeat again and again the guest special and have it on a flyer too. You'll probably get a lot of $60+ orders to get the guest special. Maybe offer free shipping if they order $100 or more?

I have my mircoplane grater packed...but i've never used it! Do I just run the lime up and down it? Sorry, but i dont' use zest for anything

I was the same way! Yes, just run the lemon or lime back and forth - with some pressure. Stop before you get to the actual "meat" of the fruit. I separated all three sizes in the baker thick, thin, snow (from grater). People loved it! Such a simple demo too! Oh, and the zest does stick to the underside of the grater sometimes - just use a quikut to scrape it off. It's smooth on that side, so you won't get cut. But be careful on the front - they are small blades. Doesn't take much time, etc. The hardest part of the grater demo is how to open/close the thing. I personally show each guest that is ordering it how to do that and let them practice with the thing - make sure you put the plastic cover back over the front blade before letting them open/close it. Let me know how it goes if you demo it tonight & good luck!
Joanne

i still struggle with opening and closing the thing... i'm sure if the neighbors are walking by when i'm cussing at the darn thing, they probably think that i'm a crazy woman!!!! ha ha

ChefinHarmony said:
A quick Demo tip.....A director in our area showed us an awesome demo with the Microplane Grater & Lemon Zester. She brings her own lemon (you could use a lime since they will have margaritas). First she shows the zester with the thick slice (I didn't even know you could do that with the thing!), then shows the thin slices of zest. But she focuses on the Microplane and shows how "fine" it zests. I demo all of mine in the Small Oval baker and then passed the stone around so everyone could touch, smell and feel the lemon (plus the stone - could lead into next months special?) Every show I have done this at, I have sold at least one Microplane - before she showed me that I didn't sell one, it was still brand new in my box!

Hope that helps!
Joanne
You can also do this with cheese. You can do it three ways. I saw a director do this then pass all of the piles around on a cutting board. You can shred/grate cheese with the new Mandoline and the grater blade. Then you grate cheese with the Deluxe Cheese Grater, then you grate cheese with the Microplane Adjustable Grater. These are both good ways to show various products that you might not normally be using in a demo.

pchefinski said:
Repeat again and again the guest special and have it on a flyer too. You'll probably get a lot of $60+ orders to get the guest special. Maybe offer free shipping if they order $100 or more?
I've done this at shows....it's fun when it's a big show. Make just one copy of the guest special flyer and stick it in the lap board/folder/catalog (however you hand out your "stuff"). Then during your introductions and as you're explaining what's in their packet, let them know that one lucky person has the guest special flyer. This reminds you to talk about it, then you can delegate a job to the person who receives it. Let them know that if they remind everyone in detail about the special at least THREE times during your whole show, they'll get a reward! I give mine $1 off of their order for each person who takes advantage of the special (when it's a free item with $60 purchase). With the stoneware special in Sept. you can do something like $1 for every three people who orders stoneware or something like that. It's really fun when the person is enthusiastic about it. It's even a great recruiting tool because if the person REALLY sells the special, they'd be a great consultant!:D

I have used that guest special flyer trick before too! My mom got it though so everyone thought it was a set-up! I have had a lot of luck with games, passing things around, and discontinued products. I have sold 5 or 6 of both discontinued lids to people who are going to get stoneware next month from hosting or guesting! It is built in because once the buy the lids they HAVE to have the stoneware! Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Ok...I like this idea...just printed the guest special on bright paper.... and will hide it in one of the folders. We'll see how this works out. Thought about challenging everyone at the party too, to see if they could be my biggest show yet...and see if they can get pumped up to beat $810

Good luck Mandy!!

Hey Amanda! I have been looking for a post from you, so I could respond!! You are doing so awesome!!!! This means you earned all the SS months!!!! Way to go! You are kicking my butt this month!!!! Hope your show goes really well. Let me know what your sales end up!! Katie

well girls.. i just got the show entered and it ended up at $508 so that means that my 3 hours of drive time was worth it. My month came in at just over $1300 from two shows...with four bookings. I did the hiding the flyer in the folder and out of the 8 present guests, 4 ended up spending the $60 from her pushing the sales....I think I may try this more often.Katie.... I doubt that I'm kicking your butt!!! You always do awesome! I'm sure you'll be wearing the crown again at the meeting in a couple of weeks...but don't worry...I'll catch you!!!!

Great job Mandy.

mandydollie said:
i still struggle with opening and closing the thing... i'm sure if the neighbors are walking by when i'm cussing at the darn thing, they probably think that i'm a crazy woman!!!! ha ha

I had a hard time with mine in the beginning too....but once you use it more, it loosens up & is MUCH easier to adjust the handle. (no more cussing!;) )

Congrats Mandy! I am so glad you made your goal and didn't have to drive the 90 mins dissapointed! Great job and enjoy ALL your new free products!

Congrats Amanda~ You did kick my butt in August!!! I only submitted one show for $425ish in August. I had 5 on my books and one turned in to a show for Sept and the other 3 rebooked. AHHHHHHHH I was really counting on SF. I am hoping on having a good September to get back on track. I have 8 shows. And no, I won't be in the crown next week, ANN is!!!!! Shhhh, don't tell Heather that I said anything, I think it is suppose to be a secret. Way to go!!!!!! Katie

1. How can I incorporate Mexican dishes into my party to boost sales and add to the fun?

One idea is to feature a "build your own taco" bar where guests can choose from a variety of toppings and fillings. You could also offer a cooking demonstration using our Pampered Chef products to make traditional Mexican dishes like enchiladas or fajitas.

2. Are there any Pampered Chef products specifically designed for Mexican cuisine?

Yes, we have several products that are perfect for making Mexican dishes, such as our Taco Ring, Tortilla Shell Baker, and Guacamole Maker. These products can make the cooking process easier and more fun for your guests.

3. How can I incorporate games or activities into my Mexican themed party to keep guests engaged and interested in our products?

You could host a salsa-making competition using our food chopper or a blind taste test of different types of hot sauces. You could also have a "pin the mustache on the sombrero" game or a piñata filled with small Pampered Chef products as prizes.

4. I'm on a tight budget, but I still want to have a memorable Mexican themed party. What are some cost-effective ideas?

Consider making your own decorations using items like colorful tissue paper, construction paper, and streamers. You could also ask guests to bring their favorite Mexican dish to share, which can help cut down on food costs. Lastly, utilizing our Pampered Chef products for cooking and serving can save money on disposable items.

5. How can I promote and encourage sales at my Mexican themed party without being too pushy?

One idea is to have a display table set up with our Pampered Chef products and have them labeled with their use in making Mexican dishes. You could also offer special discounts or promotions for guests who make a purchase at the party. It's important to also have a relaxed and fun atmosphere, so guests don't feel pressured to buy anything.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• onepamperedmom68
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sooner PC
Replies
Views
ChefJones
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies