• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booking/Recruiting Slide Falling Apart

In summary, some people have had their slides fall apart after only a few uses, while others have had no problems. HO may send them a replacement, but they may also try using packing tape to hold the slide together.
ms_twana
Okay, I've used my booking/recruiting slide only 4 or 5 times, and it's coming apart. Anyone else experience that? Will HO send me another one?

I haven't used mine much, but a gal in our cluster was doing a demonstration and when she flipped it out, it fell apart into two sections (at a seam) - (she JUST bought it too). I'd call HO. Worst they'll tell you is 'no'.Then if they won't, get clear packing tape if its a seam or maybe you can re-laminate it with clear-contact paper?? Don't know how it's falling apart for you.

It's falling apart at a seam.

I've been using mine for months and it's just like new. Maybe you got one from a bad batch? Definately call.

Mine fell apart too! I stapled it back together.

I had one fall apart, called for a replacement. that one fell apart, so I called to ask what the deal was and they sent me another replacement. and guess what? that fell apart so I used clear packing tape and taped both sides (carefully so it would fold well). ridiculous but now I have extra slides for my team...

I had same thing - original fell apart. Got replacement and same thing. Both fell apart at the seem. Packing tape it is!

Yup. Mine too. It took a while to pull off off all the hard-as-a-rock glue. I used double sided scrapbooking tape & put it back together. It's done fine since.

Mine fell apart to I was kind of emmbaressed in the middle of a demo I pull it out and drop it and it falls apart. I guess I will have to try the tape trick

Never had a problem with mine but I did have a consultant who's was in two pieces when she pulled it out of the package.

I think maybe I'll be preemptive and just put the packing tape on the seams NOW. ;)

esavvymom said:
I think maybe I'll be preemptive and just put the packing tape on the seams NOW. ;)

Pretty much. LOL.

when mine fell apart at a show, I just laughed and said that luckily the products worked a lot better than the slide - plus they all have a warranty.

Huh, I've had mine since we earned it as an incentive 2 summers ago and it's never given me a problem, but I agree about the tape!

I bought extras for my team and as I showing them, it fell apart at two different seams. We just used packing tape as suggested above to put it back together.

I got some Instant Krazy Craft Glue and it's worked great. Plus I've found a dozen other uses for it. Unlike regular Instant Glue, this is in a bottle with a lid, so it's lasting a lot longer than the little tubes that are basically one-timers.

Mine fell apart also. Never used it at a show. Was practicing and it fell apart. I am on my third one from HO. Have given up on calling for a replacement.

Mine fell apart too. Glad to see I am not the only one. I am calling HO.

Mine fell apart at a Cluster meeting this past weekend! I rarely use it at shows, but am thinking about pulling it out again, but I'll have to fix it first!

I got mine in Jan and it immediately fell apart. I used crazy glue and that is working well for me.

Mine must have been part of a bad batch, too. I got it in August/September. Used it once, possibly twice, and it fell apart at the seams, too! So frustrating. It really doesn't look go on the company, so I quit using it. )o:

Me too! It was only the third time I used it. I just gave up using it :(

When mine came, it was in two pieces. I thought I will have to use the packing tape
to fix it, also.

Mine fell apart the first time I unfolded it after getting it out of the package, I'll have to find the packing tape and fix it I suppose

1. Why does my booking/recruiting slide keep falling apart?

The most common reason for a booking/recruiting slide falling apart is due to improper handling. These slides are made of high-quality plastic and can become brittle if not handled with care. It is important to avoid bending or twisting the slide, as this can cause it to break.

2. How can I prevent my booking/recruiting slide from breaking?

To prevent your booking/recruiting slide from breaking, make sure to handle it gently and avoid any bending or twisting. It is also recommended to store the slide in a cool, dry place to prevent it from becoming brittle. You can also consider investing in a slide holder or case for added protection.

3. Can I still use my booking/recruiting slide if it has cracked?

No, it is not recommended to use a cracked booking/recruiting slide as it may not hold up properly and could cause your presentation to fall apart. It is best to replace the slide with a new one to ensure a smooth and professional presentation.

4. How long will my booking/recruiting slide last?

The lifespan of a booking/recruiting slide can vary depending on how well it is taken care of and how frequently it is used. With proper handling and storage, the slide can last for several years. However, if it becomes cracked or damaged, it is important to replace it for optimal performance.

5. Are there any tips for using my booking/recruiting slide?

Yes, there are a few tips that can help you get the most out of your booking/recruiting slide. First, make sure to use it on a flat surface to prevent it from sliding or falling. Also, avoid placing heavy objects on top of the slide, as this can cause it to bend or break. Lastly, always handle the slide with care and avoid any rough handling or twisting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • LisaFortner
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • caraighan