• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Best Recipes for Show W/O the Dcb!

In summary, Pampered Chef is going to continue to use the Deep Covered Baker even though it is not available to the general public. They are going to focus on new recipes and bookings this summer.
avelissar
Hi Everyone!

What are the current favorite recipes to DEMO? And how to do you demo them? For instance, do you prepare things at home first?

Thanks!

Andrea

I'm curious as to why you wouldn't want to demo the DCB still?

Why would you demo something everyone can't buy...at least that's my thought...not worth much but there it is..Don't get me wrong, I will still use it at my shows, just not like I use to. Which was the whole focus of my shows, the DCB

It's still available as a booking tool! I'm keeping my recipes as is which includes 1 full DCB recipe and two that prep the chicken in it.

vgibsonrn said:
Why would you demo something everyone can't buy...at least that's my thought...not worth much but there it is..Don't get me wrong, I will still use it at my shows, just not like I use to. Which was the whole focus of my shows, the DCB

One word...Bookings! Perhaps the average guest can't buy the DCB, but if they really want it, they'll book a show (catalog or cooking).

I will still be using the DCB for shows. BOOKINGS baby!This is what I sent my team:I'm sure you all got this email from Pampered Chef and are wondering what is going on with our beloved Deep Covered Baker! Here's how we can spin this into a positive! I got this from another PC friend so my apologies if you've seen it already. It originally came from Executive Director Robin House and additional words to say were added by Executive Director Duska Mills.Here's how to handle this:
When I heard the news, AT FIRST, my heart sank because you guys know that the Magic Pot is my true love and key product at shows. I started thinking, what recipe am I going to do now?But then, when my heart settled down and my nerves calmed, I realized that I AM NOT GOING TO CHANGE MY DEMO AND I’M NOT GOING TO CHANGE MY SHOW! I truly believe, in my heart of hearts, that the Magic Pot is the thing that CAN make a difference for so many families. So why would I change that message???? Why would I stop telling them about how awesome this is and how it can make cooking easier than ever before. I will never change that message!So, my strategy is this: I am going to continue with my favorite Magic Pot recipes as normal. Plus I am excited to start focusing on some new items to help my customers get these in their kitchen too (so many of my customers already have the DCB). We have some great ideas for summer--like the ice cream social ideas that Denise shared with us at our meeting last night and emailed to us this morning. (I forwarded that email to everyone--titled Team Meeting).The only real thing that needs to change are the words you use telling them how they can get the DCB. I totally see this as a HUGE WIN for all of us to GROW our bookings this summer, plus it will help the host want to book in closer – the sooner the party the sooner they get their DCB! So – let’s talk about the best words to say when you talk about the DCB – I AM NOT going to say, “This is not available unless you host a show.” That is negative and puts a “demanding” spin on bookings. I want people to want to book, because they want to, not because they have to. Instead, here are the words at the show I’m going to say:“I guess by now you guys can tell that this Pot has literally changed the way I cook in my kitchen. It has truly been one of the key reasons so many people love Pampered Chef shows right now…so they can learn about how to use it and make a difference in their own kitchen. Because it has become so popular, we have made it a host-only exclusive item. So let me now share with you how you can get your very own Cranberry Magic Pot. Now I would be a terribly naughty consultant to make you pay full price. So to get the Baker, you’ll just host a cooking show or catalog show and then you’ll not only get your Magic Pot, you’ll also get it for free or half price! It’s that simple and you’ll be sooo excited to have it exclusively in your kitchen! The dates I have available for getting your pot and everything else you want in your kitchen are listed on my Booking Sheet (I pass around). But if you want the pot and just gather some orders, you can do that too…just write your name in the “I’d like to have a catalog show” section.Just think – having the DCB as a Host only item is going to get you more bookings for cooking shows and more catalog shows! Customers can make THEIR choice HOW they want to get it….either by booking a show or passing the books with a catalog show.Either way, it’s a win-win….you have happy hosts who get their items at reduced amounts or free AND you’ll have increased bookings!!!!!!!!!!!!!I encourage you to really resist the temptation to say things like it’s not available to buy or you can’t get it unless you host. That is so negative and it’s going to create ill-will. Just focus on the positives of getting it for free or discount.IF someone says, “Why can’t I purchase it today?”….here’s what I would say: “Because the Magic Pot has just flown off the shelves, the manufacturers are working doubly hard to make sure there are enough Magic Pots for everyone who wants one. Until supply catches up with demand, the company still wants people to have one and so we have made it an exclusive gift for hosts.”That’s it…no commentary or thoughts….just the facts. If we get negative, you know our customers will get negative, and trust me, that’s a downward spiral that none of want to get in. Your guests and host watch you and listen so keep the tone positive and like this is the best thing since sliced bread….many won’t even realize that there is a change. After all, you REALLY sell 100% of your pots full price? NO – most are gotten through bookings, so it is REALLY that much of a change?So, just remember, it’s an incredible product (obviously or else there would not be supply issues)….and we must continue to move forward and share the amazement and love of the Magic Pot. If we stopped now, that just would be unfair to all those folks out there who don’t know about it!Let me know if you have ANY questions or want to talk through your personal strategy.

Good post Debbie. I just think it's amazing how people are going to totally abandon such a great product just because it is a host only product. It's still a GREAT product and I tell everyone at my shows that I believe EVERY kitchen should have one! It blows my mind that so many are just going to forget it and not show it anymore. Sad really.

wadesgirl said:
It's still available as a booking tool! I'm keeping my recipes as is which includes 1 full DCB recipe and two that prep the chicken in it.[/QUOT

You make 3 recipes for your demos? Examples please!

chefsteph07 said:
wadesgirl said:
It's still available as a booking tool! I'm keeping my recipes as is which includes 1 full DCB recipe and two that prep the chicken in it.[/QUOT

You make 3 recipes for your demos? Examples please!

Not per show! I actually offer 4-6 recipes each season - usually out of the SBRB. This season I'm offering Bacon Artichoke Bites, Tomato Basil Flatbread, Kiwi Lime Dessert Cups, Chili Corn Bread Bake and Cool & Crunchy Chicken Salad.

LOL!
the way I read it was that you made 3 recipes, one full recipe in the baker and then 2 that featured the chicken cooked in it, I totally missed that those were the "offerings"! LMBO! Thanks for clearing that up! :)

I don't always use the DCB. I talk about it and how much it has helped in my kitchen. Right now we're BBQ'ing chicken and pineapples. Next month I'm doing salads. My show averages haven't changed with not using the DCB.

Is anyone using a "this is your last chance to purchase the cranberry baker b/c as of July 1st it's a Host only product" line? I have two more shows this month and not sure if I should go that route or not.

Chefstover2 said:
Is anyone using a "this is your last chance to purchase the cranberry baker b/c as of July 1st it's a Host only product" line? I have two more shows this month and not sure if I should go that route or not.

Actually our Executive Directors have sent emails down asking us not to do that. Of course we can sell them this month but if there is a surge they might have to take away the host only too.

The recipes I am offering for shows right now......
Cool and Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad (DCB)
Ultimate Fajitas (DCB)
Three Cheese Garden Pizza (LBP)
Kiwi Lime Dessert Cups (Mini-Muffin Pan)

These are the ones that I feel Comfortable with and it offers different styles of foods. I am currently in a group of women and they are all going to each others' parties, so I need enough variety to keep them interested. Still showing the DCB and getting great reviews.

avelissar said:
Hi Everyone!

What are the current favorite recipes to DEMO? And how to do you demo them? For instance, do you prepare things at home first?

Thanks!

Andrea

Didn't really get your question answered, huh? I have a show this week that I won't be using the DCB because it won't fit in her microwave. I will bring it and talk about how great it is, but I cannot use it.

I am going to use one of my cookware pans to make chicken on the stove and add it to the recipe. I am making the Strawberry Spinach Salad with the chicken cooked on the stovetop - probably with the grill pan.

I plan to still use the DCB at some of my shows but I am offering other recipes that don't include it as well - as I always have.

We all love that product and feel that everyone needs one in their kitchen. That's exactly why we are unable to sell them to customers after next week - we have made them too popular. Fortunately we can still show and promote them as a booking tool! YEAH!

BUT we all should keep in mind that we have a ton of other products that we've been ignoring and that NEW CONSULTANTS often don't have the DCB or a lot of those other tools. The new consultant recipes are awesome and many of our other basic recipes show a ton of tools.

While many of us will continue to offer DCB recipes we need to get off the backs of those that either aren't comfortable with promoting a host only product or just want to do OTHER recipes.

I will continue to use mine as always - it is one of those products you need to see in action. I didn't see the big deal until I attended a show and ate the fajitas - couldn't believe they tasted like that from the microwave! No way would I have spent that kind of money (or booked a show to get it) if I hadn't seen it first. You can demo so many other products with it that I don't think the guests are being shortchanged at all.

For my friends party this Sunday, I was going to make homemade bread in the DCB and bring it to the show. They could snack on it with the seasoning dipping sauce while I do a demo. This way it gives them an idea for the DCB, but don't have to demo it. It is so easy and inexpensive to do too. Have sold a lot more DCB since everyone loves the bread. Even though it will only be "host only" after this month, I still plan on showing it or making the bread to bring.
But one of my most popular requested recipes is the Thai Chicken Salad. It is an older recipe. I use the grill pan to make the chicken. Always sell a grill pan with this recipe. Use the large Bamboo platter. It is a beautiful presentation.
Lots of great kitchen tools to show/demo. Absolutely delicious and so easy to make. Great summer recipe. Let me know if you want it.

Lisasfuncooking,

How do you make bread in the DCB? This is the first I have heard of this!

Thanks!

Andrea

I would like both the bread recipe for DCB and the Thai Chicken Salad please!

OMG! It is the best bread ever. I got the recipe from my director. I think she said it costs 30 cents to make. A great selling tool. Make bread for 30 cents or buy a good loaf from the bakery for $4. It is the Chibatta Bread. I make a joke. Use your DCB to make delicious chibatta bread. Yeah, I am a nerd. But seriously, it is a no knead bread, consists of maybe 8 minutes total to make. I am running to the store. I will post the 2 recipes when I get back soon.

Here is the bread recipe! - You gotta make it :chef:
No-Knead Bread in the deep covered baker

3 cups all-purpose or bread flour, more for dusting
¼ teaspoon instant yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups tap water

Step 1. In a large bowl combine flour, yeast and salt. Add 1 ½ cups water, and stir until blended; dough will be shaggy and sticky. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rest at least 12 hours, preferably about 18, at room temperature.
Step 2. Dough is ready when its surface is dotted with bubbles. Liberally flour a Pastry Mat using the Flour/Sugar Shaker, and place dough on it; sprinkle it with a little more flour and fold it over on itself once or twice. Fold the 2 sides of the Pastry Mat over the bread and let it stand on the counter for 2 hours to rise.
Step 3. 1 ½ hours into the 2 hour rising, preheat oven to 450 degrees & place the empty Covered Baker with lid in oven for 30 minutes. You want the Covered Baker blazing hot. With either the kitchen spritzer or silicone brush, lightly oil the pan.

Dump the dough into the Covered Baker, put the lid on and put back in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes then take the lid off. Bake for another 8 to 15 minutes until the bread is golden brown on top. Cool on a rack.
OK go ahead and eat it. We don't have the patience in our house either to let it cool.

Variations:
I added to the recipe 2 tbsp Parmesan Garlic Seasoning and 2 cloves fresh pressed garlic. Melted 2 tbsp butter and poured it on top and then baked it, like the recipe shared!
Also very good, if you add 1/2 c. sweet sprinkles to it and only use 1/2 salt.
I still melted butter, 4 tbsp and poured over top and baked!

Also very good! (I like to use the sweet Caramel sprinkles) Makes a great toasting bread!

Here is a spread you can make
1 c. butter,
1 c. honey
2-3 tsp Cinnamon Plus Spice.
Takes best if you let it set for about 1 hour.

Please do not give me any credit for this. I got this from my director, who got it from someone..? There has not been 1 person who has not gone crazy for this bread. Now every time I go to a gathering, everyone asks me if I brought the bread. Also, goes great with the Strawberry Spinach Salad.
Let me know if you make it and how it turns out. :balloon:

THAI CHICKEN SALAD

Dressing
1 cup creamy poppy seed salad dressing
2 garlic cloves
1 inch piece of fresh ginger root

Salad
1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves
1 package (12 ounces) broccoli slaw mix
1 cucumber
1 red bell pepper

Chicken Mixture
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup peanuts
1/4 cup creamy poppy seed dressing

1. for dressing: in stainless (2 quart) mixing bowl, combine salad dressing and garlic.
Grate ginger root using ultimate slice and grate. Gather ginger root in palm of hand and squeeze over bowl to release any juice
Whisk until well blended and set aside.
2. for salad: Place spinach, slaw mix, cucumber and bell pepper in simple addictions large bowl, refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. for chicken mixture: Heat stir fry skillet over medium- high heat. Lightly oil skillet. Add chicken to skillet in a single layer.
Cook without stirring 2 minutes or until chicken begins to brown. Stir-fry until chicken is cooked or until no longer pink, remove from heat.
Add basil, peanuts and 1/4 cup dressing, toss to coat.
4. to serve: Toss salad with remaining dressing, top with chicken mixture and serve immediately.

I use the grill pan to make the chicken. It comes out so moist and delicious. All my grill pan sales have been because everyone loves the chicken in the grill pan. I also use the Large Bamboo Platter to serve it on. It is a beautiful presentation. I get to show the food chopper, cutting board, stainless bowls,
batter bowl, 5" utility knife, grill pan, chef tongs, scraper, easy read measuring cups, prep bowls and garlic press.
I just cook the chicken before the show starts. Then have 3 separate bowls:
1-dressing 2-salad 3-chicken.
Enjoy! Hope you love it as much as I do. :)

lisasfuncooking said:
Here is the bread recipe! - You gotta make it :chef:
No-Knead Bread in the deep covered baker

3 cups all-purpose or bread flour, more for dusting
¼ teaspoon instant yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups tap water

Step 1. In a large bowl combine flour, yeast and salt. Add 1 ½ cups water, and stir until blended; dough will be shaggy and sticky. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rest at least 12 hours, preferably about 18, at room temperature.
Step 2. Dough is ready when its surface is dotted with bubbles. Liberally flour a Pastry Mat using the Flour/Sugar Shaker, and place dough on it; sprinkle it with a little more flour and fold it over on itself once or twice. Fold the 2 sides of the Pastry Mat over the bread and let it stand on the counter for 2 hours to rise.
Step 3. 1 ½ hours into the 2 hour rising, preheat oven to 450 degrees & place the empty Covered Baker with lid in oven for 30 minutes. You want the Covered Baker blazing hot. With either the kitchen spritzer or silicone brush, lightly oil the pan.

Dump the dough into the Covered Baker, put the lid on and put back in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes then take the lid off. Bake for another 8 to 15 minutes until the bread is golden brown on top. Cool on a rack.
OK go ahead and eat it. We don't have the patience in our house either to let it cool.

Variations:
I added to the recipe 2 tbsp Parmesan Garlic Seasoning and 2 cloves fresh pressed garlic. Melted 2 tbsp butter and poured it on top and then baked it, like the recipe shared!
Also very good, if you add 1/2 c. sweet sprinkles to it and only use 1/2 salt.
I still melted butter, 4 tbsp and poured over top and baked!

Also very good! (I like to use the sweet Caramel sprinkles) Makes a great toasting bread!

Here is a spread you can make
1 c. butter,
1 c. honey
2-3 tsp Cinnamon Plus Spice.
Takes best if you let it set for about 1 hour.

Please do not give me any credit for this. I got this from my director, who got it from someone..? There has not been 1 person who has not gone crazy for this bread. Now every time I go to a gathering, everyone asks me if I brought the bread. Also, goes great with the Strawberry Spinach Salad.
Let me know if you make it and how it turns out. :balloon:

Lisa this sounds wonderful :love: Thanks so much for sharing! :) I have two questions though if you don't mind. I don't have the pastry mat, can I make it without it and if so how do you recommend I do this? Second, I see melted butter put on top of a couple of variations. Do you do this for the plain original version as well?

Sounds yummy but I would be concerned about having the DCB in the oven with nothing in it!

I think you could get away with just covering with a few towels. To rise, the dough needs to be warm. I will half to give this a shot.

I do not have a pastry mat either. I usually flour the large grooved cutting board (flat side). I just flour it well before putting on the dough. After I fold it and slightly flour the top, I just put saran wrap over the top loosely. It may stick a bit when you are ready to take it off, just do it slowly.
Most of the time I do put butter on the top of the plain one. Sometimes I don't. I have never tried any of the other variations. But did have the bread with the garlic on top at my directors house and loved it.
I have made this bread dozens of times now and have never had a problem putting the DCB in the oven empty. BUT- it is soooo hot when I take it out to put the dough in. Just make sure it is on a safe secure surface when you are putting the dough in. I am still trying to perfect "dumping the dough" into the DCB. Sometimes it looks funky, I just make sure it is in evenly and put the lid on. But every time I take the lid off, it looks just like homemade bread you just bought from a bakery.
Quick tip, on occasion I have added a tad more water if it looks to dry and not sticky.
Usually when I make the bread, I make 2-3 at a time. I just wait for 1 bread to be done and add the next batch of dough- being that the DCB is hot.
My family literally finishes the 1st loaf before the 2nd one comes out. :eek:
Even though it is great hot, it is also a great with a cold summer salad.

Related to Best Recipes for Show W/O the Dcb!

1. What are some easy and impressive recipes to make at a Pampered Chef show without the Deep Covered Baker?

One popular option is the Garlic and Herb Roasted Chicken. Simply season a whole chicken with garlic, herbs, and olive oil, and roast in the Rockcrok Dutch Oven from Pampered Chef. Another crowd-pleaser is the Veggie Pizza, made with refrigerated crescent dough and topped with a variety of fresh vegetables and cheese.

2. Can I still make delicious desserts without the Deep Covered Baker?

Absolutely! The Brownie Pan from Pampered Chef is a versatile tool for making all kinds of desserts, from molten lava cakes to mini fruit crisps. Or, try the Chocolate Lava Cake made in the Stoneware Fluted Pan for a decadent and impressive treat.

3. Are there any vegetarian options for cooking at a show without the Deep Covered Baker?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian options for show recipes without the Deep Covered Baker. Some popular choices include the Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole made in the Rectangular Baker, or the Quinoa and Black Bean Salad made in the Salad and Berry Spinner.

4. What are some budget-friendly recipes that don't require the Deep Covered Baker?

The Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker is a great investment, but there are also plenty of budget-friendly recipes that can be made without it. Some ideas include the Chicken Fajita Ring made in the Deep Dish Baker or the One-Pot Pasta made in the Executive Nonstick Cookware Set.

5. Can I still make savory dishes without the Deep Covered Baker?

Definitely! The Pampered Chef Executive Nonstick Cookware Set is perfect for making a variety of savory dishes, such as the Chicken and Rice Casserole or the Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry. The Rockcrok Dutch Oven is also a great option for making hearty soups and stews.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pkd09
  • chefsolnick
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
Replies
Views
mspibb