1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Best "investment" piece

1. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I recently sold about $30 of my cash and carry and rather than order similar items for re-sale, I'd like to order something for my kit.

What is your favorite "investment" piece in this range?

I know the cutting board with measuring cups is my favorite in that range ... I sell one at every show where I take it now!

Is there another piece in that range that jumps out at you? I was thinking of just getting a utility knife in the honing case, since my old "self-sharpening" one is not that sharp anymore ...

2. Jinkies

Jinkies Member

I love the tool turn about to take to shows because it keeps all the small tools in place and gives visual interest to the set-up. I also get the small versions of everything (small bar pan, small cutting board, small sheet pan, etc.) so that if I don't have to use it, I can still show it off but not kill myself lugging around the bigger and heavier versions. The chef's tongs and the citrus press are also my faves that I frequently use at shows. Oh and the rice cooker plus as well!

Dec 4, 2009
  3. Chefgirl2

Chefgirl2 Advanced Member Gold Member

Deep Covered Baker, Small Stainless Saute Pan, Cutting Board w/ Measuring Cups and 5" Santuko.

Dec 4, 2009
  4. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I like those examples ... however, I have most of those!

I was also thinking of the garlic slicer or something else ...

5. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

I have a lot of interest in the garlic slicer. People always askes me if it works good. I love the garlic slicer.

Dec 5, 2009
  6. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

In the $30 range:
    • Trifle Bowl ($31.20 or less with consultant discount)
    • Large Round Platter ($30.40 or less with consultant discount)
    • Stoneware Fluted Pan
    • Professional Shears
    • A 2nd food chopper (if you do interactive shows)
    • Cookbooks
    • Spices
    • Springform Pan or Torte Pan Set
    • Stainless Mixing Bowls (I use the large one in the center of the table for the interactive shows, they can discard their trash & dirty utensils in it. :D)

Dec 5, 2009
Have something to add?