• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Is this email requesting pampered chef products a scam?

In summary, this woman is trying to scam consultant by asking for products for a wedding gift and then asking for money afterwards. The police have been contacted and we suggest you do the same if you receive an e-mail like this.
I got a HO lead this morning requesting products, clearly a bogus phone number. I sent an email and this is the response I got. I called HO Career Center and the repsonse I got was less than helpful. I was told I could not go back into the lead system... wasn't asking too. I wanted them to know that this email address was being used by scammers in case they bombard our system!!! The email address was for Gloria White... please not that Janet signed the email! I wrote back and said that I know it is a scam and would not be ordering anything for them. HO said that consultant should use their judgement and know that something is wrong!!! Really, well how about the scammers knowing it is wrong too!! :(:grumpy:

Hello,
How are you doing today..Its is of mixed feeling to me having you as one of the great independent consultant..Here are the list of pampered chef products needed for me to set up my kitchen below:

Bamboo 3 pc Slotted Spoon Set - New
Bamboo 3 pc Specialty Cooking Set - New
Bamboo Knife Block with 9 knives item #1081
Forged 9" bread knife
5 piece set cookware set 2861 NEW
SPRING FORM PAN SET #1540
13 ROUND PIZZA STONEWARE BAKING STONE PAN
LARGE ROUND PIZZA STONE W HANDLES 15"

I am so sorry I could not gives you my phone number..My husband is a militant and we have been burnt before and don't want to put my husband,children and I into any trouble..So sorry for the inconvenience that is might have cause.
This will be my first time Having a business with any of pampered chef products,I have been hearing so many news about there products and I can't just wait to have them at home..All I want you to do is to get me the asking price of each product as its been stated above.More so I want to know the total asking price of all the product.And I will glad if you can take a cashier check from me,because I don't deal with credit card due to my bad credit..I wait till I hear back from you for us to discuss about the payment and for any further instruction as well....
God bless you.
Janet.

Other than the bad grammar why do you think this is a scam? I'm just curious. It sounds like she wants to purchase these things. She doesn't want you to pay for them then get you the money. What am I missing?

It has gone around on numerous boards that this is a scam. Clearly not in the US either... militant??? And when I sent my inital email I got an immediate response... I mean like the person was waiting for my email and when I responded that I know this is a scam and got no response at all. Not trying to change my mind not offering to call me.. nothing.

someone on CS posted this some time ago and several people said they had received similar emails. Also there was sometime in a PC Newswire not so long ago about it...i will find that as well.

Wanted to alert you all to what happened to me this week.

I woke up Sunday morning to an email from a woman wanting to place an order for a wedding gift for her sister. The order came to $468. I was like, awesome -- although I was hesitant as well, as I had never heard of this woman. (I had met a lady 2 days earlier who took my catalog saying her niece was getting married soon ... so wondered if it was her).

I emailed back saying I would be happy to help her and gave her the total for her order. Told her I needed a shipping address, phone # and a credit card to complete the order. She supplied the address & phone # and said she would be sending a bank check. Then she said her husband would send the check as she was vacationing in Aruba (now I'm really starting to get suspicious) .. Today I got an email from her saying the check will be mailed tomorrow via UPS and that her husband made the check out for $4,450, and for me to take what is owed for the products, plus $70 for my time, then for me to send the rest to her sister so she can buy a wedding gown.

I contacted our state police, who said to refuse the check if she sends it and to let her know that I've contacted them.

Just wanted to let you all know -- as she got my name from somewhere 'out there' and I'm sure she'll get more.

NOTICES

E-mail Scam Prevention

We want to alert you to an e-mail scam recently brought to our attention. The scam involves someone who offers to place a Pampered Chef® order and then sends a check or money order much larger than the initial order. The scammer states it was an error and asks you to refund the difference. Please do not respond to any e-mail of this nature. Report it to your e-mail provider by marking it as junk mail. Then, delete it from your inbox.

Wow! I don't know where I've been!! Holy Cow. Thank you for your research and sharing this Jenni.

This scam has been going around on Craigslist for some time. Also Bank Checks are easily forged these days. The bank will even take them if you personally deposit it and then notify you later that it's a fake. Usually after it's too late.
If something sounds fishy- it usually is.

2 other directors in my national team got the exact word for word same email

I am a militant too--just ask my kids when the kitchen is left in a mess.

2 sister directors had that same type of email. Jenni, are we on the same NED team? I am under Barb Duke. Anyway, 2 directors on her team in CA also got the same email lead, I guess it is going around.

I am under Patsy McGovern, but Barb and Patsy are under Beth Jacobs, so we are in a round about sort of way in the same group.

This was passed on by my ED that this was a scam and to beware.

What is "Be Aware.. Ho Lead Scammer"?

"Be Aware.. Ho Lead Scammer" is a public service announcement aimed at raising awareness about lead scammers who target individuals and businesses.

How can I spot a lead scammer?

Lead scammers often use aggressive tactics and promise unrealistic outcomes. They may also pressure you to make quick decisions or pay large sums of money upfront. Be cautious of any unsolicited offers or requests for personal information.

What should I do if I suspect I've been targeted by a lead scammer?

If you think you have been targeted by a lead scammer, do not respond or provide any personal information. Instead, report the incident to the appropriate authorities and seek advice from a trusted source.

How can I protect myself and my business from lead scammers?

To protect yourself and your business from lead scammers, always do your research before entering into any business agreements. Be cautious of unsolicited offers and requests for personal information. You can also consider using a reputable lead generation service to ensure the legitimacy of potential leads.

Where can I find more information about lead scammers and how to avoid them?

There are many online resources available to learn more about lead scammers and how to protect yourself from them. You can also consult with a business advisor or attorney for advice on avoiding lead scams.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • imported_iteachurkid
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
imported_iteachurkid
  • baychef