• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is My Stoneware Bar Pan Green? Exploring the Mystery of the Green Tint

In summary, the stoneware bar pan may have a green tint to it because of the way it was used. The pan was used to cook something containing shrimp, which caused the green tint to show up. If the pan is still green after being used and cleaned in this way, then the pan may have a warranty.
texaschef
Gold Member
Okay...just a little curious...I have a Stoneware Bar Pan (LARGE) that has a green tint to it??? Kinda weird huh??? I mean I only use the kitchen brush or nylon scraper...why is it green??? like not bright green...just a greenish tint...kinda weird....
Anyone else had this happen with a piece of stone???

Never had that happen. What have you ben cooking on it?

Everything was fine with it until I cooked some stuffed crab thingies for my husband....shrimp stuffed crab or something like that. After cooking that I saw the green tint....

Try making a baking soda paste. Scrub it with the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush (or another kitchen brish that does not have soap in it).

did anyone rub it with a scotch brite that you might not know about?

What is the lighting like in your kitchen? Take it outside and look at it in the sunshine. If it's still green, check your guarantee...

Wierd I would call ho about this.

I have the same thing, except I would call it blue rather than green. It is all along one inside edge. This is on the stone I take to shows, and have only made demo recipes on, nachos, brownies, pizza. I noticed it at a show, and did everything I could to keep the guests from noticing (dimmed the lights), LOL.

I have had it since Oct, but this showed up about a month ago.

The only time I have seen green or blue on a stone is from using a colored scratch pad and pushing too hard...the color comes off onto the stone and DOES NOT come off with scrubbing! Only with use and time does it eventually wear off. Looks gross in the mean time, though!

If you are CERTAIN that it's not caused by a scratch pad, I would call HO.

I've had stoneware discolor, from different fruits - like blueberries. It doesn't come out, but as I've used them more, the seasoning of the stone has hidden the freaky colors quite a bit!

Also, depends on what you dry it with. Paper towels with color can bleed and I imagine that some towels may as well.

1. Why is my stoneware bar pan green?

The green tint on your stoneware bar pan is a natural and harmless occurrence. It is caused by the minerals in the clay used to make the pan and does not affect the performance or safety of the product.

2. Can the green tint on my stoneware bar pan be removed?

No, the green tint is a permanent part of the stoneware and cannot be removed. However, it may fade over time with use and cleaning.

3. Does the green tint on my stoneware bar pan affect the taste of my food?

No, the green tint does not affect the taste of your food. The stoneware is still safe to use and will not alter the flavor of your dishes.

4. Will the green tint on my stoneware bar pan transfer to my food?

No, the green tint is only on the surface of the stoneware and will not transfer to your food. You can continue to use the pan without any concerns about the color affecting your dishes.

5. Is the green tint on my stoneware bar pan a sign of mold or bacteria?

No, the green tint is not a sign of mold or bacteria. It is a natural occurrence and does not indicate any health hazards. As long as you properly clean and care for your stoneware, it is safe to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• momnixon
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kam