• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Balancing Work, Family, and Exhaustion: My Struggle as a Busy Performer

In summary, Kristin is feeling overwhelmed and undecided about her career in the chef success industry. She is considering scaling back her show schedule to just three per month, though she still desires to pursue directorship. She is supportive of her fellow chefs and encourages them not to give up.
chefkristin
Gold Member
I am starting to feel like I don't want to do this anymore.....:(
I have shows booked and am pretty busy but I am also EXHAUSTED. I work full time and my son is getting older and requiring more of my attention.
I am really on the fence and about to jump.

Don't "jump" just back off a little if you're too busy. You will probably regret loosing your recruits and sales if situations change and you need this.

This time of year tends to wear a lot of people out and there is a lot of viruses, etc. going around. Think about it though before you bail...you can stay active!

Kristin, I was actually thinking this too because I'm expecting #2 & so is my sister (I babysit her son), so come October, I'll have 4 kids ages 4 & under that I watch all day, every day. I was thinking that with my biz too, that it will be too much. But I've decided that I don't want to lose my career sales b/c who knows what the future will bring (I may NEED to get out of the house come next January!), so I've decided for now to keep my biz going & just to scale back a little. I was wanting to do 7-8 shows a month when the year started, so now I'm going to go back to 3-4 & see how that feels. Maybe some months I'll need to go to 2-3. But one thing I've realized is that this biz is flexible--just try doing 1-2 shows a month & see how that goes! Good luck!

I agree with Janet. Do you think you would regret it if you quit? Since you do have recruits & an awesome high show amount; I'm sure you're good at this! Maybe just try cutting back on your show schedule for awhile & see if that helps; just do enough to keep yourself active & see if it's better.
But, ultimately, you have to do what's best for you & your family:)

I agree with everyone else...don't quit - just back off a little - do one show a month, one every other month - just enough to stay active so that when life settles down again, you can jump back in. It's so nice with this business that you can tailor it to yOUR needs

Yah the cool thing is..things are crazy for me right now..but now that I have this..I will always have it...so just chill a little bit and take the time you need but keep it in your back pocket.

Thanks everyone for the boost! I would feel bad if I lost my sales and recruits. Good point. I can do enough to stay active. I knew I could get you guys to make me see the bright side. I think I am going to try the 2-3 shows a month. I have been doing shows on Saturday and Sunday and not really having down time. Lately its been a show or a expo or fair or whatever.
I would miss you guys too if I left. I hope it all works out.

Hey, I'm just starting out and was pushing for more, but 2 shows per month right now is what is coming up so far. It seems like a decent pace for me though with working FT and a million and one other activities...speaking of which - time to get offline, do a load of laundry, bake some cookies and play with my kids... :)

Back off 1st, then if you are still feeling overwelmed put in for leave that gives you a few months off without losing your recruits and career sales. If at that time you still want to quit then is the time to do it.

I agree with what's already been said. I love PC because you can step it up if you need more income, or slow it down if you need more time! Maybe you should cut back on the Chef Success time??

LMAO!! THAT WAS A JOKE!!! :D

Kristin we don't want to lose you--stay on just scale back a little. How's the new job?

Kristin,

I'm with you on slowing down my business. I was really driven to pursue directorship at the beginning of the year but after pushing more shows and more recruits I found I really don't want to do that anymore. I'm going to try and do just a couple shows a month and maybe some catalog shows just to keep busy. I have found I am enjoying my business much more since making this decision and my priorities are back in line again. I can't imagine ever just giviing it up because I never know when I may want to pick it up again and wouldn't want to lose my career sales and team. Although getting a new kit wouldn't be so bad :D. Just kidding ;).

It's definitely that time of year. I have great shows and have had an awesome and actually easy March so far (for me). Yet...I have the same thoughts. Do I really want to do this? That's the lazy in me talking, b/c it is one of the things that gives me a lot of joy. I just got back from a cluster meeting, which I love! We all give each other hugs when we leave and it feels like family, even when there are new ones coming in (all open arms!). I'd miss that a ton, esp as a SAHM. I need adult interaction, esp those that understand what my job is and that YES, it IS a job! I just get to love it! It's all mine and I need that too. The fact that I can take 2 months off if I want, send out an email to see if people need stuff so I can submit my $200 to stay active is great! I don't tend to do that, but I have. Don't lose your career sales and recruits without really thinking about it, just take it easy and do the things that make the job fun. My recruiter did that and she's active/inactive every few months now. She regrets letting $50,000+ in sales go (and me, of course). In the end, do what's best for you. Good luck!

I work FT and have 2 babies (ok not babies they are 2 & 1!). I started PC in mid-Nov and decided that it would be PT. I would love to have 4 shows a month, but I usually have 1-2 shows, and 1-2 catalog shows. It gives me extra income, but at the sametime gives me time for my kids and my husband. I know I have been doing this long but I would miss PC if I quit, so just kinda back off a bit. If it's still to much then you can quit. HTH!

MicheleC said:
Kristin,

I'm with you on slowing down my business. I was really driven to pursue directorship at the beginning of the year but after pushing more shows and more recruits I found I really don't want to do that anymore. I'm going to try and do just a couple shows a month and maybe some catalog shows just to keep busy. I have found I am enjoying my business much more since making this decision and my priorities are back in line again. I can't imagine ever just giviing it up because I never know when I may want to pick it up again and wouldn't want to lose my career sales and team. Although getting a new kit wouldn't be so bad :D. Just kidding ;).

This is EXACTLY how I feel now! I was really pushing myself to do more than I physically or mentally could handle with what else I have in my life. I've felt so much better since then & already have $3000 in sales for this month & still have THREE more shows to go! I've never had more than $3500 in a month.

Kristin, maybe you should scale back on the amount of expos & fairs that you do. Sounds like they are taking a lot of your weekend time away & they don't give you instant income like a show does. Maybe you should just focus on shows right now & not worry about new leads (if you're scaling back you won't need as many anyway!).

Kristin - I can totally relate. Some of you may have noticed that I have been feeling kind of down. I have been puttting in a lot of time doing bridal shows and such and the follow up is exhausting. It is hard to think about quitting but it can also be hard to figure out how to scale down too

Thanks again for all your comments. I am going to scale back a bit. I am going to submit enough to stay active. Who knows maybe I will feel different at a later date. I am going to bed. I did a Home Show today and I am beat! That is the last one for a very long time. I am going to try to talk about catalogs show more often!

pamperedharriet said:
Kristin we don't want to lose you--stay on just scale back a little. How's the new job?
Thanks for asking Harriet. The new job is going well. I am booking Trainer's travel arrangements and backing up the accounting department. I start my
3rd full week tomorrow. I am however, leaving my options opened. I would really like to stay in Finance. I have over 11 years of experience in that field and I really don't want to loose what I already have in my head. I love numbers!!! I need to work with them. I am actually talking to 2 other places about Accounting positions. The new job is fine for now but I don't think it is forever.

I love just having somewhere to go. I go to my office, I go to Chef Success, I go set up my table. I don't think I will ever give up PC. I will sell 200 ever other month just to feel how I feel today. It's fun, It's fulfilling and I love it. I have made friends, I have laughed and it has brought such joy to my life, I can not explain.Stay with it. Even if it's the minimum amount. The personal experience and self worth is worth more than anything in the world!!!!

Isn't amazing how some of us are wanting to cut back while others (including myself) would do back flips if ANYONE would book a show. Maybe I need to move.

yummy4tummy said:
Isn't amazing how some of us are wanting to cut back while others (including myself) would do back flips if ANYONE would book a show. Maybe I need to move.

I hear you Val! I just got a couple of cancellations and am trying to get that 2nd show in by Thursday! Waiting for a call to see if at least she got some orders (hopefully enough to make a show)!

chefkristin said:
Thanks for asking Harriet. The new job is going well. I am booking Trainer's travel arrangements and backing up the accounting department. I start my
3rd full week tomorrow. I am however, leaving my options opened. I would really like to stay in Finance. I have over 11 years of experience in that field and I really don't want to loose what I already have in my head. I love numbers!!! I need to work with them. I am actually talking to 2 other places about Accounting positions. The new job is fine for now but I don't think it is forever.

Kristin, thanks for the update on your new job. I hear you loud and clear. Good luck and keep your options open for the right job for you.

When you worked for Staples did you know any Guardiani's? They are related to my sister by marriage. My sister lives in Framingham.

1. What is "Ok Here It Goes....."?

"Ok Here It Goes....." is the name of a versatile kitchen tool offered by Pampered Chef. It is a multi-purpose, flexible silicone mat that can be used for baking, rolling out dough, and creating a non-stick surface for cooking.

2. What are the dimensions of the "Ok Here It Goes....." mat?

The "Ok Here It Goes....." mat measures 16.5 inches by 11.5 inches, making it the perfect size for standard baking sheets and countertops.

3. Is the "Ok Here It Goes....." mat heat-resistant?

Yes, the "Ok Here It Goes....." mat is heat-resistant up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, making it safe to use in the oven for baking and roasting.

4. How do I clean the "Ok Here It Goes....." mat?

The "Ok Here It Goes....." mat is dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils on the mat, as it may damage the silicone material.

5. Can I use the "Ok Here It Goes....." mat in the microwave?

Yes, the "Ok Here It Goes....." mat is microwave safe and can be used to cover dishes or as a non-stick surface for microwaving food. However, do not use the mat in direct contact with open flames or on stovetops.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heather223
  • JennyJennJen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
Stephanie78