• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

HTML webpage title: Looking for a Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe with a Twist?

In summary, Tammy and Becky's recipes for mac and cheese are very different. Tammy's recipe calls for macaroni to be slightly undercooked, while Becky's recipe calls for it to be fully cooked. Tammy's recipe also calls for a blend of hot macaroni, butter, soup, water, 1 c cheese, and onion. Becky's recipe calls for macaroni to be blended with cream of mushroom soup, 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, 2/3 c milk, 2 c shredded sharpcheddar cheese, 1/4 c finely minced onion, and then divided evenly between two 8x8 foil squares.
DeeDee616
Been wanting to cook this and tonight seems good...having Trader joes Chili Limer chicken Burgers and wanted a fun side dish. Anyone have a Baked mac and cheese recipe using a box of kraft mac and cheese? i like it baked better but never made it myself. thanks!

I actually make a really simple baked mac and cheese but it doesn't use the kraft boxed recipe. I learned this from my Ex's Mom about 10 years ago. You cook a box of elbow macaroni, drain the put it in a 9 X 12 glass dish, slice or shread extra sharp cheddar and cover the pasta with it, our in milk until it comes up to the bottom of the cheese the salt and pepper to tast. Bake at 400 until the cheese melts and the tops browns a bit. SO easy and SO good!!

I used to make one adding tuna, onions and a can of cream of celery soup...don't know if I can come up with quantities though...

Here is a chili mac one...Chili mac:
You'll need:
1 box mac and cheese
1 can chili (I usually use Hormel's but store brand is fine)
1 onion, diced
milk, the amount called for by the mac and cheese
butter, the amount called for by the mac and cheese
coarsely broken tortilla chipsBoil macaroni, but maybe make it a little bit extra al dente.As it is cooking, in a separate pan (I use cast iron so it can go in the oven) saute a diced onion in oil or butter. When it is slightly caramelized, add a can of chili to the pan with the onion. Also add the cheese packet, milk, and butter or margarine.Stir, and add the macaroni to the chili, along with any other ingredients you like, like hot sauce, diced tomato, corn, whatever you like. Stir.Sprinkle with coarsely broken tortilla chips. The broken ones left in the bottom of a bag are good for this.Bake in a 350 degree oven for around 10 minutes, keep an eye on it so the chips don't burn. Eat with sour cream.

This is similar to mine but I use cream of celery and add chopped onions...QUICK TUNA CASSEROLE 1 pkg. Kraft macaroni & cheese dinner
1 can tuna fish
1 can mushroom soup
1/2 c. milkPrepare Kraft dinner as directed. Combine soup and milk and add to dinner. Then add tuna. Mix and put in a greased casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

This is Paula Deens mac and cheese recipe, not made with Kraft but my whole family loves it and its easy too!

4 cups cooked elbow macaroni, drained
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Once you have the macaroni cooked and drained, place in a large bowl and while still hot and add the cheddar. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and add to the macaroni mixture. Pour macaroni mixture into a casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Top with additional cheese if desired.

And if you like Deep Fried Mac and cheese she uses this recipe, cuts it in squares, wraps the square with a piece of bacon!

1 recipe "The Lady's Cheesy Mac" prepared, chilled in the refrigerator overnight, and cut into 15 squares, recipe follows
1 pound bacon
Flour
2 eggs, beaten
Plain bread crumbs
Peanut oil, for frying

Heat peanut oil to 350 degrees F.
Wrap each square of cheesy mac with 1 strip of bacon, and fasten with toothpick. Dredge each square in flour then egg and then bread crumbs to coat. Fry for about 3 minutes until golden brown.

It's the best fried mac and cheese you will ever have!

Tammy
oh and I love Paula Deen but she puts BUTTER in everything and deep frys a lot!

Doesn't Becky have a "to die for " Mac and Cheese recipe? You -HOo Becky???

This is my sister's recipe and I think it's pretty basic and good. I use homemade white sauce in place of the cream of mushroom, but do what you want. She gives instructions for making it a freezer meal, so I make one for dinner and freeze one for later. Good investment cooking!

MACARONI AND CHEESE, SOUPER!
4 c cooked macaroni (slightly undercook by 3 minutes)
2 T butter
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2/3 c milk 2 c shredded sharpcheddar cheese
1/4 cup finely minced onion

Blend hot macaroni with butter in large bowl; stir in soup, water, 1 c cheese and onion. Divide evenly between two 8x8 foil lined baking dishes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Freeze until solid, remove from pans, wrap in foil and place each in a one gallon freezer bag. Label and date with cooking instructions.
To Use: Thaw and Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.

Here's one that I got from a website called The Pioneer Woman Cooks!
This lady is freakin' hilarious! Her recipes are great too!

Once titled "Not Your Granny's Mac-n-Cheese!"

Spicy Macaroni & Cheese

4 cups cooked macaroni or cavatappi
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 to 1/2 finely diced red onion
Equal amount diced red bell pepper
1 finely diced jalapeno (seeds and stem removed.. they have most of the heat!)
1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
1 cup frozen corn
2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup cream
1 generous cup grated Pepper Jack cheese
2 tablespoons butter
Salt
Pepper

Boil pasta until al dente. In a large skillet, add olive oil and saute garlic and vegetables over medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add in canned chilies and stir around, then turn off heat. Drain pasta and add it to skillet. Pour on cream, add cheese, then add salt and pepper to taste and stir gently. At the end, add 2 tablespoons butter and stir again. Check seasonings and serve.

Serve with juicy steak, with grilled shrimp, chicken, or on its own. It’ll change your life for the better

1. What ingredients do I need for a baked mac and cheese recipe?

To make a delicious baked mac and cheese, you will need: macaroni noodles, butter, all-purpose flour, milk, shredded cheese (such as cheddar or a blend), breadcrumbs, and your choice of seasonings (such as salt, pepper, and garlic powder).

2. Can I use any type of noodles for this recipe?

While macaroni noodles are the traditional choice for mac and cheese, you can use any type of pasta you prefer. Elbow macaroni, penne, or even spaghetti noodles can work well in this recipe.

3. How do I prevent my mac and cheese from drying out in the oven?

To prevent your mac and cheese from drying out, be sure to cover the dish with foil while baking. You can also add a layer of shredded cheese on top before baking to create a gooey, cheesy crust.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the mac and cheese ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Just be sure to cover it with foil before refrigerating, and add a few extra minutes to the baking time to ensure it is heated through.

5. Can I add other ingredients to the mac and cheese?

Absolutely! Baked mac and cheese is a versatile dish and can be customized with your favorite ingredients. Try adding cooked bacon, diced tomatoes, or chopped broccoli for some added flavor and texture. You can also mix in different types of cheese for a unique twist on the classic recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AmyDare
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kam
Replies