• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You a Girl Scout Brownie Leader?

In summary, Lisa is creating a troop in Yokosuka, Japan with her daughter and they are exchanging postcards with other Girl Scout troops around the world for Thinking Day.
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
I am! My troop is looking for a fellow Brownie troop to become pen pals with! We have 7 girls...6 2nd graders and 1 3rd grader! For the majority this is their third year as a Girl Scout! We are starting to work on the Write Away Try-it and I would love to have this happen for my girls!
Please let me know if you are interested....

TIA~

I'm a Cadette leader. Could see if my girls would be interested if a Brownie troop doesn't offer.

I'm an assistant leader of girl scout troop, but my 2 youngest are in brownie troop which meets same night.

We've got 8 in troop (I believe).

Let me know, I can talk with leader, I'm sure she'd be thrilled with idea.

Lisa

The girls would be thrilled with anything believe me! They wrote their "pen pal" letters last night!! I would love to have another Brownie troop so they will have more in common but they are just really excited to get to know someone new!!
TIA!

I'll call Anna the troop leader today and see about it. I know for now if you wanted to send them to me, I can take them down to troop. We meet on Weds., so let me know.

Lisa

I am starting a troop this year with my daughter (2nd grade) and we'll have 8 or 9 brownies, I think. I go to orientation on Monday, but that sounds like a great idea to help us get off the ground so let me know what we need to do!

All- I'm a Kappa Delta alumnae and one of our national philanthropies is the Girl Scouts. I know my chapter (University of New Hampshire) works with the local troups, but there is a Kappa Delta badge that your troup can earn if they're not currently connected with a local KD chapter.

If you want further details I can get you hooked up with a local chapter in your area- our KD chapter often does image workshops with the girls, sleepovers, movie nights, or for the younger girls helps with set ups and break downs for their events, helps with fundraisers, etc. etc.

Let me know if you are interested! I was a girl scout growing up and being able to continue working with them as a KD sister was so much fun! I know our chapter LOVES working with the girl scouts!!

I've got a brownie and a junior troop interested in doing this, so just contact me and I can give info to official leaders.

Girls meet on Weds., so we can get this started this week maybe.

Lisa

I e-mailed Erin the other day about my daughter's troop doing this and haven't heard from her. Hopefully she's busy with shows! It sounds like there are several troops interested in doing this. Hopefully we can all find a match to be pen pals.

Hello,
I Have a Brownie Troop in Yokosuka Japan. We are doing a postcard exchange through mythinkingday.com. We are exchanging postcards with other Girl Scout troop around the world for Thinking Day. check it out and see if your troops want to sign up. It's cool to get postcards from all over.

Hello,
I Have a Brownie Troop in Yokosuka Japan. We are doing a postcard exchange through mythinkingday.com. We are exchanging postcards with other Girl Scout troop around the world for Thinking Day. check it out and see if your troops want to sign up.

Thanks everyone!! I am SO excited for my girls! We are going to be pen pals with Becca's troop but I encourage everyone to find a troop to work with.

1. What is a Girl Scout Brownie Leader?

A Girl Scout Brownie Leader is an adult volunteer who leads a group of Girl Scout Brownies, which are girls in grades 2-3, in various activities, projects, and outings as part of the Girl Scouts organization.

2. How do I become a Girl Scout Brownie Leader?

To become a Girl Scout Brownie Leader, you must first become a registered Girl Scout volunteer. You can do this by contacting your local Girl Scout council and completing the necessary paperwork and background check. You will also need to attend trainings and familiarize yourself with the Girl Scout program and values.

3. What are the responsibilities of a Girl Scout Brownie Leader?

A Girl Scout Brownie Leader is responsible for planning and leading meetings, organizing and supervising activities and outings, communicating with parents and other volunteers, and providing a safe and inclusive environment for the girls to learn and grow. They are also responsible for upholding the Girl Scout Promise and Law and promoting the Girl Scout values.

4. Do I need any specific skills or qualifications to be a Girl Scout Brownie Leader?

While there are no specific skills or qualifications required to be a Girl Scout Brownie Leader, having a passion for working with children and a willingness to learn and grow with the girls is important. Good organizational, communication, and leadership skills are also beneficial, as well as being able to work well with others and follow the Girl Scout program guidelines.

5. How much time commitment is required to be a Girl Scout Brownie Leader?

The time commitment for being a Girl Scout Brownie Leader may vary, but typically includes leading one or two meetings per month, attending occasional trainings and events, and communicating with parents and other volunteers. The overall time commitment may also depend on the size and needs of the troop, but most leaders find it to be a rewarding and manageable commitment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinyourpclady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • Chef Kearns